ADVERTISEMENT

Should I go on?

SWIowahawks

HR Legend
Sep 2, 2006
Tabor
I've been told I'm insane because I wouldn't have time to retrieve a gun from a safe. That if I had a gun it was in a place where kids could get it.

I was told I love in fantasy land because this stuff doesn't happen in "reality".

Check the dates on these stories that I put together in 10 minutes. Check out the spread of these crimes. Detroit, LA, San Fran, etc. they happen everywhere.

Like I've said before, what kind of man and protector are you that you would allow a criminal come into your home and take your wife/gf into another room? Be in the same house as your kids and all you have is a phone to protect them.

I hope to everything that nobody here (dem, rep, white, black, brown) gets put in this situation. But don't be crazy to think this stuff doesn't happen.

Reactions: dalynchmob
In.

And where are the stories you put together?

Eh, now I see that you have a bunch of other threads.

I was going to try and find some cases of kids being shot, but it only took me five seconds on google to find a report that has a years worth. You can review them from page 22 to 41 of the linked pdf.

http://everytown.org/documents/2014/10/innocents-lost.pdf
Not wanting to get into a debate on whose lives matter more because that's what it will turn into. Obviously no one wants to see a child lose their lives over careless acts by their parents.

But for people to sit and say non stop that home protection doesn't happen, is just crazy.

Thanks for posting that btw Biscuit. I did notice a good number of "illegally owned" firearms used in the killings. That would be a great place to start.

f8K66pe.jpg

tumblr_static_tumblr_ml0alrkghh1qmzky5o1_500.gif

IMG_5611.GIF

30418-Ill-go-get-vodka-gif-PDr9.gif

Oh darn, mockery. If only this was my first time posting on HROT. Mockery is a good thing to me when trying to prove a point.
I thought it was supportive, you inspired me. I'm not against gun ownership. As a gay man in Iowa, you don't think I have a gun? I'm just against the 2nd amendment logic many advance with such hyperbolic vitriol completely ungrounded in the actual 2nd amendment intent. Oh, and I like to stir the pot.

Not wanting to get into a debate on whose lives matter more because that's what it will turn into. Obviously no one wants to see a child lose their lives over careless acts by their parents.

But for people to sit and say non stop that home protection doesn't happen, is just crazy.

Do people sit and say home protection doesn't happen? Maybe I am missing those threads, but I didnt realize we had many people on this board taking that position.

I would like to see some stats on how guns are used successfully for self protection vs accidents and such. You can't use a few random stories to support either side.

I would like to see some stats on how guns are used successfully for self protection vs accidents and such. You can't use a few random stories to support either side.

I posted this in the original thread... here are some facts that the CDC came up with from their study released in June 2013:

1. Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker:
“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”
2. Defensive uses of guns are common:
“Almost all national survey estimates indicate thatdefensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year…in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.”

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/politics/cdc-gun-research-backfires-on-obama/#ixzz3ZISO1Yuy

The CDC report is also linked in the article.

The last few days I have learned that Libs don't trust themselves to not uncontrollably impregnate every woman they see, or restrain a weapon from shooting a child.

Therefore it needs to rain contraceptives and abortion coupons. Of course, in addition to having every gun vanish from the face of the Earth.

Responsibility is an unrealistic expectation.

I posted this in the original thread... here are some facts that the CDC came up with from their study released in June 2013:

“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”
“Almost all national survey estimates indicate thatdefensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year…in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.”

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/politics/cdc-gun-research-backfires-on-obama/#ixzz3ZISO1Yuy

Agree. It seems most only want to focus on instances where someone is shot/killed by someone using a gun for personal defense. I would suspect there are far more cases where having a gun in that instance scared off an intended intruder or attacker, you just don't read about those in the news.

I asked this in one of the numerous threads:

Were all of those reports within the last few days, recent?

I asked this in one of the numerous threads:

Were all of those reports within the last few days, recent?

The ones I looked at seemed like they were. There are websites that track this incidents daily.

Last edited:

That's not exactly what I asked, but I agree that it would be better to have a gun than to not have a gun when being attacked.

That's not exactly what I asked, but I agree that it would be better to have a gun than to not have a gun when being attacked.
Which I think most people would agree with. But the people that don't agree with that statement say we live in fantasy land because those instances rarely happen. Hence, I posted 7 instances from the last 6 days in 10 minutes.

It really is a shame that we force Felons to be open to this kind of attack without allowing them their (Constitutionally protected) right to protect themselves with weaponry.

I think that makes me more pro-2nd amendment than anyone on this site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT