ADVERTISEMENT

Should mandatory psych evals be instituted for all gun owners?

Every 3 months at minimum. If you own a gun, you have to take a psych eval every 3 months (I'd argue every month) in order to legally keep your firearm/weapon(s).

Would you agree to this? Is this a good idea? Would this deter gun violence? Deter the purchasing of weapons in general?

What say you?
Know you’re trolling but should happen at least once if you want to buy an assault rifle. You don’t hunt with that shit.

Note how that doesn’t say gun? There’s many ways of being armed that would allow someone to protect their home.

Otherwise as I said, I agree that you have the right to own a gun. I just think that in todays world; with all the makes and models out there, with seemingly as many ways to accessorize them as the average children’s toy, it’s not unreasonable to suggest better gun control laws than we have.
Agree to disagree, I guess. When people start conceding gun rights they’ll end up like Great Britain where even carrying a knife for self defense is illegal.

Eff that.

What gun rights am I conceding?
You were vague*, but any concessions on the part of gun owners will just serve to get the ball rolling. Gun grabbers will never be satisfied with anything less than the repeal of 2A and total confiscation.

* “…it’s not unreasonable to suggest better gun control laws than we have.”

You were vague*, but any concessions on the part of gun owners will just serve to get the ball rolling. Gun grabbers will never be satisfied with anything less than the repeal of 2A and total confiscation.

* “…it’s not unreasonable to suggest better gun control laws than we have.”
Ah. The slippery slope argument. Based on this, we can never do anything ever.

Every 3 months at minimum. If you own a gun, you have to take a psych eval every 3 months (I'd argue every month) in order to legally keep your firearm/weapon(s).

Would you agree to this? Is this a good idea? Would this deter gun violence? Deter the purchasing of weapons in general?
Agree, and same for people who have drivers licenses. The $5-10k it costs for each psych eval can be paid for by taxing the rich.

Good thinking Adolf! what's next?

What say you?

I’m going to have to give you a big no on this one

1 - who is going to pay for the evals
2 - we don’t have enough psych’s to do the evals
3 - criminals will still have guns with no psych evals
4 - roughly 82% of gun violence/crimes are committed by illegal gun owners

I wasn't joking.

You have to prove to me that I should let you keep your guns, and if I don't have time to see you, then you hand them over automatically, and I absolutely will make my own provisions and movements of the proverbial goal posts if I move up my timetable to overthrow the world's governments and begin my rule as evil monkey dictator of planet earth, as I will need the extra guns to do so................

Again, I'm being serious.
Well, if so, you are not to be taken seriously.

I’m going to have to give you a big no on this one

1 - who is going to pay for the evals (your mom)
2 - we don’t have enough psych’s to do the evals (So grow them on trees......)
3 - criminals will still have guns with no psych evals (So keep track of the criminals.......)
4 - roughly 82% of gun violence/crimes are committed by illegal gun owners (so keep better track of the illegal gun owners........do I have to think of everything?)

Know you’re trolling but should happen at least once if you want to buy an assault rifle. You don’t hunt with that shit.

Good thing very few own assault rifles or AKs.... But, sure, keep grouping those in with AR-15s, when they aren't the same thing....

I'll agree that there really isn't a good reason to own and AR-15 and would be good with ending the manufacturing and selling of new AR-15s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT