ADVERTISEMENT

Should the NCAA release the bracket?

epsn needs something to talk about beside future sec football, so I bet they will.

personally, I couldn't care less. it's absolutely meaningless now.....

I think they should! Bonuses and what not on the line for some of the smaller school coaches. $25k to a coach making 180k a year is a big deal.

Reactions: TailgateTom
An idea...

why not a preseason tournament next year with all the teams is the proposed bracket.
yes it’s a year later but it would probably create some excitement.

Without the tournament results, how can you release "the brackets"? Maybe 60 of the 68 teams were basically in, with a dozen or so teams fighting for the final slots. Even then, upsets in lesser leagues and even possible big surprises in the top conferences, could allow otherwise undeserving teams to get automatic bids, thus bumping other teams out. That also doesn't consider whether a team is one seed or another (like the Hawks were likely to be a 6 or 7, or even a 5 or 8), which would depend on both their conference tourney games and those of others...

Without the tournament results, how can you release "the brackets"? Maybe 60 of the 68 teams were basically in, with a dozen or so teams fighting for the final slots. Even then, upsets in lesser leagues and even possible big surprises in the top conferences, could allow otherwise undeserving teams to get automatic bids, thus bumping other teams out. That also doesn't consider whether a team is one seed or another (like the Hawks were likely to be a 6 or 7, or even a 5 or 8), which would depend on both their conference tourney games and those of others...
Release it so we can have an actual tangible thing from which to argue, which, of course, is a big part of the fun of March Madness. Sunday evening until Thursday when the first full slate of games tips off is a blast just filling out brackets and pontificating and playing out scenarios and arguing about which undeserving teams got in, which deserving teams left out, etc. NCAA/CBS can do a selection show, talking heads would have material, just treat it like something for the fans, a welcome diversion.

Reactions: And1Hawk
Do it! If nothing else, we can all have a ball filling it out mapping out our logical path to the National Championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT