ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP buried somewhere in another thread, but if Clark comes back, is there a list of possible transfers who would want to join her for her last dance?

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
IMHO, if CC comes back, we need a true dominant 5 to take it to the next level. Wouldn't hurt, obviously, to have another sharp shooter. Anyone have heard any rumblings about discontented stars who might want in at Iowa?

Reactions: Moral
IMHO, if CC comes back, we need a true dominant 5 to take it to the next level. Wouldn't hurt, obviously, to have another sharp shooter. Anyone have heard any rumblings about discontented stars who might want in at Iowa?
There is no room for Clark to come back. We already have 15 scholarships allotted for next year.

If Clark does come back, it’ll be by some miracle combining Swarm $$$ and moving someone to walk-on status. We’re not sure how that’s even possible and if it is, it’ll be because of some very specific details in a certain kid’s recruiting journey that we’re not privy to. The NCAA doesn’t publish this info but it seems most kids who are on scholarship cannot simply become a walk-on. I think it’ll be a miracle if we’re able to do that with one kid. But maybe we can.

In any case…if Bluder is able to do it for Clark, I think it’s pushing it to imagine we could do it for yet another kid. I would guess that if someone does transfer out, Clark would then get that scholarship. So a second kid would have to transfer out to make room for a transfer. IOW, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

But fortunately we have a true 5 freshman coming in who is 6’4 and very agile for a big— Ava Heiden of Oregon. I suspect that, unless she experiences a significant setback or O’Grady makes a huge jump, Heiden can be just as, if not more, productive than our other 5s as a freshman. She has consistently been ranked around #40 in the class of 2024 for a couple years by ESPN, and she is the 4th best Center in her class.

She is the kind of post Bluder has been wanting to recruit and develop for years. Whether sooner or later, I believe Bluder will run a lot of offense thru her. Our lack of an elite post presence may necessitate that be sooner.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Heiden era is Bluder’s last go-around tbh (tho targets for both 25 and 26 could be just as good, if not better).

There is no room for Clark to come back. We already have 15 scholarships allotted for next year.

If Clark does come back, it’ll be by some miracle combining Swarm $$$ and moving someone to walk-on status. We’re not sure how that’s even possible and if it is, it’ll be because of some very specific details in a certain kid’s recruiting journey that we’re not privy to. The NCAA doesn’t publish this info but it seems most kids who are on scholarship cannot simply become a walk-on. I think it’ll be a miracle if we’re able to do that with one kid. But maybe we can.

In any case…if Bluder is able to do it for Clark, I think it’s pushing it to imagine we could do it for yet another kid. I would guess that if someone does transfer out, Clark would then get that scholarship. So a second kid would have to transfer out to make room for a transfer. IOW, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

But fortunately we have a true 5 freshman coming in who is 6’4 and very agile for a big— Ava Heiden of Oregon. I suspect that, unless she experiences a significant setback or O’Grady makes a huge jump, Heiden can be just as, if not more, productive than our other 5s as a freshman. She has consistently been ranked around #40 in the class of 2024 for a couple years by ESPN, and she is the 4th best Center in her class.

She is the kind of post Bluder has been wanting to recruit and develop for years. Whether sooner or later, I believe Bluder will run a lot of offense thru her. Our lack of an elite post presence may necessitate that be sooner.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Heiden era is Bluder’s last go-around tbh (tho targets for both 25 and 26 could be just as good, if not better).
Don't be surprised if there are 3 transfers, or opt outs. Doesn't include Clark or the seniors.....

Awesome and informative post - damn, you really know your stuff!

I hope people that want this success to continue contribute to the NIL of your choosing to help make this happen
Frankly, and I don't know if this is legal, but all of the networks slated to broadcast Iowa games should be setting up a Caitlin fund. Her impact on their revenue has to be millions and millions of dollars, if not tens of millions.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

You seem to think it's impossible. Where there's a will, there's a way. Your optimism is underwhelming.

High Hopes Reality GIF by HannahWitton

None wanted to this year or Bluder was too inept as a leader. See a repeat next year.

Frankly, and I don't know if this is legal, but all of the networks slated to broadcast Iowa games should be setting up a Caitlin fund. Her impact on their revenue has to be millions and millions of dollars, if not tens of millions.

Just call it a broadcast NIL collective. Throwing NIL collective in the name makes anything legal for the NCAA these days.

Maybe the Swarm should hit up the broadcasting companies :cool:

Don't be surprised if there are 3 transfers, or opt outs. Doesn't include Clark or the seniors.....
Why would anyone transfer other than maybe a big. I don't see that happening. There is going to be a lot of pt for most of them losing gabby, Martin and probably cc

Reactions: shikreto

We’ve gone through the roster limitations many times on here. The rules allow 15 scholarships and 15 roster spots. Walk ons aren’t really a thing because of that, unless a university doesn’t have enough money to support all 15 scholarships. So we end up with a roster breakdown like this.

No chance of a transfer:
McCabe -so
Affolter -jr
Feuerbach -rs jr
Stuelke -so

Front court players that haven’t developed enough yet:
O’Grady -jr
Goodman -rs jr
Ediger -jr
Gyamfi -so

Freshmen:
Johnson -fr
Jones -fr

Recruits:
Levin
Heiden
Guyton
Mallegni
Stremlow

I could see 1 from the second group transferring, maybe even 2. The three junior bigs that haven’t developed into at least one starter are really hurting our potential right now. And there’s always the Jones situation.

So, you’d need Jones to take the medical hardship just for CC to have a spot, then you need someone like Goodman or Gyamfi to transfer out or call it a career. Those two played a combined 2 minutes tonight in a nearly 50 point blowout, so the writing should be on the wall for them.

Having said that, we have three starters that exhaust their eligibility at the end of the season. Clark likely rides off into the sunset with them rather than being on a team with 60% new starters.

Reactions: nu2u

Make the players employees like Dartmouth did.

Then you can fire them, bring Clark back, go get Hailey Van Lith the f*** out of LSU, and see if we can snag a decent post in the portal with some of the money certain of our football players shouldn't be making, and viola.......Iowa finally wins the national championship!!! :D

moatazabushanab-hulk.gif

P.S.

Last edited:

If you really don’t think we’d make room for Caitlin…. I don’t know what to tell you lol except puff puff pass that shit this way

I believe CC will leave for the WNBA but imagine adding a post player like Serah Williams to an Iowa team led by Clark (joined by Stuelke, Feuerbach, Affolter, and McCabe).

Ediger and Goodman have just not sufficiently progressed to this point and with Heiden arriving you have to wonder if they ever make the rotation before graduation. Possible transfer candidates?rFR Gyamfi - still too early to tell.

Reactions: shikreto
I don’t think #22 is coming back for “fifths” but I think it is a less than zero percent chance LB would ever tell her, “Sorry Caitlin but we just don’t have room for you next year”…..
Fify as she has already alluded to this in numerous interviews.

I don't think a lot of high-level players will or would make that jump. She sucks all of the oxygen out of the room, leaving little accolades and only derision for her teammates. If she doesn't win a title this year they definitely won't come and I hate to say it, but Iowa isn't going to win it this year.

I don't think a lot of high-level players will or would make that jump. She sucks all of the oxygen out of the room, leaving little accolades and only derision for her teammates. If she doesn't win a title this year they definitely won't come and I hate to say it, but Iowa isn't going to win it this year.
They will if the other women of college basketball do what they're told and let Iowa win a f***ing national championship.

Sharon’s going through Senior honors on Sunday- that’s #1. BTW good for her- think I read medical/nursing school awaits.
This is very interesting. Where did you see this? This is odd — potentially huge — right? Kate and Gabbie didn’t do senior day last year. Is Kylie doing it Sunday as well?

Clarke isnt coming back. Be a 6th place team at best next year.
If Goodman is graduating, that means a scholarship is opening. A lot of next years fortunes will depend on who Bluder gets in the portal. She needs an experienced PG. If she can get someone who can slash and make smart decisions, that would be huge.

Theres a thread about this already:

But the returning core of McCabe/Feuerbach/Affolter/Stuelke is a good one.
  • Not sure if McCabe or Feuerbach will get the starting nod at the 2 but they’ll both get significant minutes.
  • Expect Heiden to start at the 5 by January with O’Grady (or Stuelke) starting til she’s ready and then backing her up. I expect Bluder to give O’Grady another shot early next year in any case.
  • Jada will back up the 3/4
  • Mallegni will get remaining minutes at the 2/3
Stremlow will likely get a few minutes backing up the new PG and perhaps McCabe (less so tho).

If Goodman is graduating, that means a scholarship is opening. A lot of next years fortunes will depend on who Bluder gets in the portal. She needs an experienced PG. If she can get someone who can slash and make smart decisions, that would be huge.

Theres a thread about this already:

But the returning core of McCabe/Feuerbach/Affolter/Stuelke is a good one.
  • Not sure if McCabe or Feuerbach will get the starting nod at the 2 but they’ll both get significant minutes.
  • Expect Heiden to start at the 5 by January with O’Grady (or Stuelke) starting til she’s ready and then backing her up. I expect Bluder to give O’Grady another shot early next year in any case.
  • Jada will back up the 3/4
  • Mallegni will get remaining minutes at the 2/3
Stremlow will likely get a few minutes backing up the new PG and perhaps McCabe (less so tho).
Bluder got no one to help Clark. Suddenly she will bring someone in to help the rest of the average players? Not likely.

Reactions: Sexican
I meant she got no one to help Clarke , the most prolific scorer in ncaa history in a runner up team toa National Title. Bluder did nothing . She is in way over her head and likely wants to go back to being middle of the pack.
TF are you talking about lol Bluder won the B1G in 2019 and made the Elite 8. Then in 2020 they woulda been a 2 or 3 seed had the tourney not been cxld…they beat Indiana, Ohio State, Maryland that year. Its been a long time since Iowa’s been middle of the pack.

TF are you talking about lol Bluder won the B1G in 2019 and made the Elite 8. Then in 2020 they woulda been a 2 or 3 seed had the tourney not been cxld…they beat Indiana, Ohio State, Maryland that year. Its been a long time since Iowa’s been middle of the pack.
Its funny that people that would never have had ANY interest in the womens team are now on here constantly talking out there ASS. This has been a pretty damn good program for a long time, and Bluder is the B!G's winninest coach and top 5 most wins among active womens coaches and yet people act like she's clueless. Some should just refrain from sharing their ignorance......

Reactions: Cymonhawk
Its funny that people that would never have had ANY interest in the womens team are now on here constantly talking out there ASS. This has been a pretty damn good program for a long time, and Bluder is the B!G's winninest coach and top 5 most wins among active womens coaches and yet people act like she's clueless. Some should just refrain from sharing their ignorance......
Well, it won’t be long before things simmer down to what the new normal is PC (post Clark). My guess is the Caitlin Clark effect is more powerful here than opposing arenas, and you won’t have to endure very many people posting about the women’s team after this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT