ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Despite new criticism, Trump told Walz in 2020 he was 'very happy' with his handling of George Floyd protests

millah_22

HB Legend
Jun 15, 2004
Omaha

In the hours after Vice President Kamala Harris announced Gov. Tim Walz as her running mate, allies of former President Donald Trump rushed to denigrate the Minnesota Democrat, seizing on criticism of his handling of the riots in the wake of George Floyd's murder in May 2020.

"He allowed rioters to burn down the streets of Minneapolis," Ohio Sen. JD Vance, the Republican candidate for vice president, said Tuesday.

But at the time, Trump expressed support for Walz's handling of the protests, according to a recording of a phone call obtained by ABC News -- telling a group of governors that Walz "dominated," and praising his leadership as an example for other states to follow.

"I know Gov. Walz is on the phone, and we spoke, and I fully agree with the way he handled it the last couple of days," Trump told a group of governors on June 1, 2020, according to a recording of the call, in which he also called Walz an "excellent guy."

"I was very happy with the last couple of days, Tim," Trump continued. "You called up big numbers and the big numbers knocked them out so fast it was like bowling pins."

Reactions: Torg

In the hours after Vice President Kamala Harris announced Gov. Tim Walz as her running mate, allies of former President Donald Trump rushed to denigrate the Minnesota Democrat, seizing on criticism of his handling of the riots in the wake of George Floyd's murder in May 2020.

"He allowed rioters to burn down the streets of Minneapolis," Ohio Sen. JD Vance, the Republican candidate for vice president, said Tuesday.

But at the time, Trump expressed support for Walz's handling of the protests, according to a recording of a phone call obtained by ABC News -- telling a group of governors that Walz "dominated," and praising his leadership as an example for other states to follow.

"I know Gov. Walz is on the phone, and we spoke, and I fully agree with the way he handled it the last couple of days," Trump told a group of governors on June 1, 2020, according to a recording of the call, in which he also called Walz an "excellent guy."

"I was very happy with the last couple of days, Tim," Trump continued. "You called up big numbers and the big numbers knocked them out so fast it was like bowling pins."
Hmm, looks like we can take a couple of different angles here. The fact that Walz is a good choice for VP and once received an enforcement from the Republican president. Or that Dictator trump isn’t really a dictator and was praising a democrat for the way he handled things trying to unite the two parties and country.

Let me make sure I am reading this correctly. This quote is from DONALD J. TRUMP to Governor WALZ?

Reactions: BelemNole
Hmm, looks like we can take a couple of different angles here. The fact that Walz is a good choice for VP and once received an enforcement from the Republican president. Or that Dictator trump isn’t really a dictator and was praising a democrat for the way he handled things trying to unite the two parties and country.
Or he was not telling the truth.

See, this is what I was talking about in that other thread . . .

Reactions: BelemNole
See, this is what I was talking about in that other thread . . .
Explain what I said that wasn’t correct?
BTW you just stopped in the other thread when I asked you a question. How in the eff would I know who you are just by seeing your chat name is torbee and you have a seal or sea lion as your avitar?
Hell I at least have photos I’ve taken myself as my avitar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT