ADVERTISEMENT

siap-lesean mccoy to be traded to buffalo

Buffalo needs a QB very bad. Their defense is still pretty stout even with Alonzo leaving. I wonder if Darnell Dockett is getting calls?

Re: siap-lesean mccoy to be traded to buffalo[/URL]DaveSnedeker posted on 3/4/2015...

As an Eagles fan, I am absolutely ecstatic if the trade goes through.

Why? I've heard some Eagles fans are despondent about it.

I was thinking the other day that Chip Kelly seems to be of the Bill Belichek mindset. That his system, when full of his players, will win out. Aging talented guys that have put up big numbers are seemingly expendable. Belichek and the Patriots consistently trade down in the draft which would indicate that consistently want depth versus paying up for 'better' players.

Kelly must be pretty confident in the system to get rid of Desean J and McCoy in back to back years, amoungst others this year. Including it Bradley Fletcher i thought i read.

Originally posted by DrVenkman:

I was thinking the other day that Chip Kelly seems to be of the Bill Belichek mindset.  That his system, when full of his players, will win out. Aging talented guys that have put up big numbers are seemingly expendable.  Belichek and the Patriots consistently trade down in the draft which would indicate that consistently want depth versus paying up for 'better' players. 

Kelly must be pretty confident in the system to get rid of Desean J and McCoy in back to back years, amoungst others this year.  Including it Bradley Fletcher i thought i read.

Maybe in college, but everyone is fast in the NFL. I think that parity is why Chip hasn't gotten to the NFC championship game.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

How did this work out?

Trading McCoy was not the problem. Maybe you did not get the memo that the Eagles picked up Demarco Murray.

You might want to watch a game vs getting your info from ESPN.

The problem was Chip released two starting OL, traded the top WR and let the next WR walk. The Eagles offense was starting to fade before they even traded McCoy. McCoy was not that good the first half of last year.

Chip Kelly's offense really is not that good in the NFL. It was decent the first year but once everyone caught up to what he was doing it was over for Chip. He only runs a handful of plays and his only gimmick is to go up tempo. ALL the players( Eagles and opposing teams) were publicly saying everyone knows what plays the Eagles were going to run. Chip had no clue how to adjust. Chip was lost and the Philly media even had to help him. There was one stretch early in the year when the Eagles ran like 27 straight running plays out of one formation and they would pass out of a different formation. Chip was telegraphing the plays and everyone knew it.

In the Redskins game before Chip was fired the Eagles had 13 straight drives that were less than 2 minutes and some were as short as 14 seconds(turnover). Chip's offense kills the defense. The EAgles were the first team in NFL history to give up 6000 yards 3 straight years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT