ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: The almost INT by the hawks on ISU's first TD drive; one of several plays usually going for the hawks

uihawk82

HB All-American
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2021
I think it was Hall who was covering the receiver on this play, am I correct? Anyway, it was great coverage really, Hall was in Higgins?? jersey, he had both hands on the ball, it was just a NOT finishing the play type of thing. This was a huge miss by the hawks as ISU doesnt score the first time as all of you know. IT would have been the big momentum switch back to the hawks.

Our Higgins said he needed to push and redirect Noel on that 75 yard isu td pass and X was not deep enough since he had underneath coverage. Another just untimely mistake.

And Castro overplaying the late game 30 yard out and up completion was not usually going to happen, very seldom happens with Castro who is great.

So it was one of those confluences, a perfect storm of minor moves and errors that led to this loss.

Of course, I am not even mentioning some of the offensive misteps, especially not doing a QB sneak on 1st and goal from the 1 1/2 yard line. And if the coaches dont think Cade can do it, even though he did one qb sneak barely successfully, then better let Sullivan and Marco takes snaps from center and practice the QB sneak as I would have them do it.

Reactions: dekhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT