ADVERTISEMENT

Since 2015 Iowa is 64-25 which is a 72% winning pct

Have you met Iowa fans? They'll find something else to whine about.
Most of us, yeah.

I'm kind of in the middle on our offense. I don't think we should be scoring 40 points per game by throwing all over the field. I agree with our coaching staff about protecting the defense and playing complementary football.

But I do share the frustration of our more reasonable fans that we haven't been good *at what we do.* We should have an offensive line that can dominate lesser big ten defensive lines and hang with Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn State, etc. We should be able to run for 150+ yards per game and 4.5 yards per carry every year. We should be able to field an *efficient* passing game, even if it doesn't have the most yards, explosive plays and touchdowns.

It is very frustrating that we can't just be competent at the things we do. And it really is a failure by the staff at some level, whether that's recruiting, retainment, development, scheme or whatever. Whatever the combination of factors, it ultimately comes back to them.

Most of us, yeah.

I'm kind of in the middle on our offense. I don't think we should be scoring 40 points per game by throwing all over the field. I agree with our coaching staff about protecting the defense and playing complementary football.

But I do share the frustration of our more reasonable fans that we haven't been good *at what we do.* We should have an offensive line that can dominate lesser big ten defensive lines and hang with Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn State, etc. We should be able to run for 150+ yards per game and 4.5 yards per carry every year. We should be able to field an *efficient* passing game, even if it doesn't have the most yards, explosive plays and touchdowns.

It is very frustrating that we can't just be competent at the things we do. And it really is a failure by the staff at some level, whether that's recruiting, retainment, development, scheme or whatever. Whatever the combination of factors, it ultimately comes back to them.
Agreed completely

Reactions: dbrocket
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT