ADVERTISEMENT

Since the season is effectively over....

yeah-sure-why-not.png

i-see-what-you-did-there-chris-bosh.png

with the amount of returning starters & that soft ass schedule everyone's expectation should have been playoff or bust.

not thinking or believing that is the real loser mentality just like you losers wearing punting is winning merch.
I don’t get what “playoff or bust” means.

We will not make the playoff. We have “busted”.

Now just quit? Forfeit the last 5?

I don’t get what “playoff or bust” means.

We will not make the playoff. We have “busted”.

Now just quit? Forfeit the last 5?
If I'm KF I'd float the option to any senior or underclassmen who'll turn pro like Johnson to sit out the rest of the season. This year was a failure and there's no way around it. None of these 6th year guys came back to go 8-4 and get rewarded with an exhibition game after a month of practice in December. Times have changed.

There's less of a chance of next year being a failure if young players play more the rest of the year. We don't even have a chance of playing spoiler or I'd think differently.

If the 41-121 White Sox go 81-81 next year, with no playoffs, do you think that will be a “failed season”?
You're either a real idiot, or a troll. I'll explain this for your benefit. What determines if you have a successful season or not depends on what your goal is. If your goal is to improve in the wins column from last year, that would be a successful year. When your team reaches a certain level, then your goal becomes the playoffs. Clearly, with having an established program (10+ years), and with who was coming back, the fans hoped for the playoffs. Who knows what the hell Ferentz's goal(s) was/were? But they aren't going to the playoffs now. I knew they wouldn't, but that was the expectation from fans.

Last edited:
If the 41-121 White Sox go 81-81 next year, with no playoffs, do you think that will be a “failed season”?

That’s different. It’s pro sports. The answer is yes.

This is college sports. Most of these guys are going to be just regular working joes in a few years. They got NIL money, and you only get so many opportunities to put the pads on before it’s all over.

Must be a lot of losers out there. Only a dozen teams make the playoffs.

And with 5 spots being guaranteed, which I don't see Iowa winning the current B1G with NIL any time in the rest of my lifetime, Iowa will have to be one of the 7 at-large teams to make a 12 team tournament.

In my lifetime Iowa would have definitely made it in 85, 91, 02, 09, and 15....maybe at-large in 83 & 04, and 81 if they would have won a non existent B1G championship vs tOSU....not sure why they didn't play that year as every other team played 9 conference games.

Any way, a minimum of 5, 8 at most.

Last edited:
Hmm, you respond to the English language, but common sense is lacking. Are you an AI?

You just said you didn't understand what "playoff or bust" means. You acknowledged understanding that we have busted. That means the season is a failure. What is so difficult to "get"?
There’s a difference between saying the season is a failure and saying the season is over.

The season is hardly over. The rest of the games will determine how the season is remembered. If you were expecting this team to make the playoffs, you were highly over rating this team.
I was expecting them to make the playoffs, if they beat Iowa State. And they had no business losing to Iowa State until Cade stepped in and gave the Clones a game and season to remember.

You're either a real idiot, or a troll. I'll explain this for your benefit. What determines if you have a successful season or not depends on what your goal is. If your goal is to improve in the wins column from last year, that would be a successful year. When your team reaches a certain level, then your goal becomes the playoffs. Clearly, with having an established program (10+ years), and with who was coming back, the fans hoped for the playoffs. Who knows what the hell Ferentz's goal(s) was/were? But they aren't going to the playoffs now.
Your statement was “In case you're new to sports: Not making the playoffs is a failed season”.

There was no indication of any other criterion (e.g. “improve in the win column”).

And your statement tied to “sports”, not Hawkeye football.

Not every team in every sport every year deserves the “playoffs or failure” burden.

That’s different. It’s pro sports. The answer is yes.

This is college sports. Most of these guys are going to be just regular working joes in a few years. They got NIL money, and you only get so many opportunities to put the pads on before it’s all over.
So are you on the “season not over” side?

Here we go, I knew some of our fanbase would come along with the not a playoff contender thought process. Such a loser mentality when 12 teams make it. It definitely is the goal every year moving forward.
Who here do you see with that thought process? It better not be me.

The season is hardly over. The rest of the games will determine how the season is remembered. If you were expecting this team to make the playoffs, you were highly over rating this team.
Iowa has been favored in every game this season other than Ohio St, and there's a good chance that they will be favored in every game from here on out. You think that expecting a team to win all the games that it should is having overly unrealistic expectations? A season in which a team is favored in at least 10 games finishing out of the rankings, much less in the CFP, is an utter failure by any measurement.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT