ADVERTISEMENT

Site has new owners now. Can we get a WBB forum yet?

Exactly. Why be against it? What exactly is the harm in having it?

I say DO IT.

Same reason the Baseball or Lacrosse teams don't have one.

Unnecessary due to amount of traffic it will garner.

Sure you might get 40-50 contributors right now during their Final Four run, but it will taper off considerably once CC is gone and the team is no longer playing at this level.

Let's wait until they make back-to-back FF's before creating one just to be safe ;)

Same reason the Baseball or Lacrosse teams don't have one.

Unnecessary due to amount of traffic it will garner.

Sure you might get 40-50 contributors right now during their Final Four run, but it will taper off considerably once CC is gone and the team is no longer playing at this level.

Let's wait until they make back-to-back FF's before creating one just to be safe ;)

Let us all know when you feel it's ok to have a women's sports or WBB forum. lol

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Let us all know when you feel it's ok to have a women's sports or WBB forum. lol
I will never believe in segregation. ;)

I get it, some of you prefer “candyland” where it’s all lollipops and ice cream and none of those serious, more important topics being discussed to get in the way.

Hope you find what you’re looking for.

I will never believe in segregation. ;)

I get it, some of you prefer “candyland” where it’s all lollipops and ice cream and none of those serious, more important topics being discussed to get in the way.

Hope you find what you’re looking for.

Why do you care? What's at stake for you one way or the other? I don't recall you ever discussing WBB before this thread.

No WBB forum , come on this is a no brainer! CC has sad, , on national TV, she very well may return for her final two years. Get off you … and make it happen!

2855a24b-3130-45a9-b11b-0e3dbf8125e1_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE
Marge? Fran's wife was a star player in college--I think she would be interested in the women's final four.
It's short for Margaret if you've never heard that used before. They probably watch the women, his players and style of play would probably do pretty well in that tournament. Men's tourney, not so much

Reactions: kzoohawk80
It's short for Margaret if you've never heard that used before. They probably watch the women, his players and style of play would probably do pretty well in that tournament. Men's tourney, not so much
Nope, heard of Marge as short for Margery or Marjorie. Not Margaret. Do you know Margaret McC and what she is called as a nickname? If not, then refer to her as Margaret.

This request was promptly shut down multiple times under previous forum ownership. Trying again.

Now that we’re a Final 4 team and a 2x reigning B1G champ, interest in our program has exploded. Can we finally get a WBB forum?

Iowa State has a HIGHLY ACTIVE one and tbh it’s embarrassing that we don’t. I also believe it is a disservice to Bluder, Jensen, Clark, Gustafson, Doyle, Czinano and all the other ladies who work so hard for us and make us very proud.

There are quite a few posters (myself included) who only come here to read and post on WBB content. It’d be great to not have to rely on notifications about the same 4 threads to make sure we don’t miss anything. I think people would also feel more comfortable posting new threads in such a place. I know im not the only one who would appreciate the opportunity, for example, to create a dedicated thread for every incoming recruiting class, and not worry about it getting buried just bc there’s less info out there on it and there’s so much more interest in Men’s basketball.

Mods? Please?

Edit: Adding that rivals like UNL, Minnesota, Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland all have women’s forums.
28 likes and counting thus far.

Personally I like having all the basketball content in one place. I watch both the men’s and women’s teams and enjoy being able to see all the threads and updates in one location

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Nope, heard of Marge as short for Margery or Marjorie. Not Margaret. Do you know Margaret McC and what she is called as a nickname? If not, then refer to her as Margaret.
You don't seem that bright but at least you learned something. I'll call her whatever I want, Francis

Last edited:
Many of us have cared about WBB before Caitlin was born, so I'm pretty sure we will continue to care after she moves on. It would just be nice to know that a person could click on the WBB Forum and have nothing but women's BB discussion. Those that don't care, don't open it up.
It really was only about 6-7 of us before CC. Reading through WBB threads now, I miss those days.....

It really was only about 6-7 of us before CC. Reading through WBB threads now, I miss those days.....
I think that’s the reason there isn’t a forum dedicated solely to WBB- there’s not enough posters who only want to read that content. On the other hand, there are many who want to read about both men’s and women’s, and for them it makes more sense for it to all be in one place

I think that’s the reason there isn’t a forum dedicated solely to WBB- there’s not enough posters who only want to read that content. On the other hand, there are many who want to read about both men’s and women’s, and for them it makes more sense for it to all be in one place
Sure but I don't think that's necessarily the case anymore. There's plenty of WBB content and tbh people don't think to label it that way. There's no tagging system either so if someone posts "transfer portal options" there's no way to know whether they're talking about MBB or WBB.

I'm interested in both mens and womens basketball content, but it is confusing to have them displayed in one list of threads. Another forum would greatly improve readability. I was interested in the womens hoops team 5 or 10 years ago, but finding the one thread in a sea of mens posts made it completely not worth my while. With the recent uptick in usage, it made it more interesting.

There is no downside. WBB fans get their own forum where they can find the WBB threads.

MBB forum no longer has WBB threads adding confusion.

Win-win all around.
24, you forgot this one: Men's team no longer demoralized by seeing the number of hits on Women's topics, especially the one talking about season tix sales being halted due to overwhelming demand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT