ADVERTISEMENT

Site has new owners now. Can we get a WBB forum yet?

shikreto

HR MVP
Mar 31, 2022
UConn Country
This request was promptly shut down multiple times under previous forum ownership. Trying again.

Now that we’re a Final 4 team and a 2x reigning B1G champ, interest in our program has exploded. Can we finally get a WBB forum?

Iowa State has a HIGHLY ACTIVE one and tbh it’s embarrassing that we don’t. I also believe it is a disservice to Bluder, Jensen, Clark, Gustafson, Doyle, Czinano and all the other ladies who work so hard for us and make us very proud.

There are quite a few posters (myself included) who only come here to read and post on WBB content. It’d be great to not have to rely on notifications about the same 4 threads to make sure we don’t miss anything. I think people would also feel more comfortable posting new threads in such a place. I know im not the only one who would appreciate the opportunity, for example, to create a dedicated thread for every incoming recruiting class, and not worry about it getting buried just bc there’s less info out there on it and there’s so much more interest in Men’s basketball.

Mods? Please?

Edit: Adding that rivals like UNL, Minnesota, Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland all have women’s forums.

Last edited:
Is it an ego thing or are you seriously unable to differentiate between threads intended for men's discussion vs women's discussion?

Follow up question, once C.C. has moved on will anyone care nearly as much about WBB?

Sorry, but if I was the Mod...

120998499-rubber-stamp-concept-showing-a-red-stamp-reading-request-denied.jpg

IOWA BASKETBALL FORUM. with the emergence of WBB, if all the discussion is on the women, then by default its all about them. may need to start a mens forum.

This request was promptly shut down multiple times under previous forum ownership. Trying again.

Now that we’re a Final 4 team and a 2x reigning B1G champ, interest in our program has exploded. Can we finally get a WBB forum?

Iowa State has a HIGHLY ACTIVE one and tbh it’s embarrassing that we don’t. I also believe it is a disservice to Bluder, Jensen, Clark, Gustafson, Doyle, Czinano and all the other ladies who work so hard for us and make us very proud.

There are quite a few posters (myself included) who only come here to read and post on WBB content. It’d be great to not have to rely on notifications about the same 4 threads to make sure we don’t miss anything. I think people would also feel more comfortable posting new threads in such a place. I know im not the only one who would appreciate the opportunity, for example, to create a dedicated thread for every incoming recruiting class, and not worry about it getting buried just bc there’s less info out there on it and there’s so much more interest in Men’s basketball.

Mods? Please?
Totally agree! I read about woman's basketball more than anything. With new owners I am concerned there will be a cost to view the site in the future. That will stink! If that is the case I will probably not view it anymore. But nothing seems to be free anymore.

Reactions: hawkod and shikreto
IOWA BASKETBALL FORUM. with the emergence of WBB, if all the discussion is on the women, then by default its all about them. may need to start a mens forum.

For the most part, the Lounge and BB forums are mens forums with WBB scattered among them. I've asked for a WBB forum for years from the former mods with no success. Purdue also has one along with other teams.

Is it an ego thing or are you seriously unable to differentiate between threads intended for men's discussion vs women's discussion?

Follow up question, once C.C. has moved on will anyone care nearly as much about WBB?

Many of us have cared about WBB before Caitlin was born, so I'm pretty sure we will continue to care after she moves on. It would just be nice to know that a person could click on the WBB Forum and have nothing but women's BB discussion. Those that don't care, don't open it up.

For the most part, the Lounge and BB forums are mens forums with WBB scattered among them. I've asked for a WBB forum for years from the former mods with no success. Purdue also has one along with other teams.
So do UNL, Minnesota, Maryland, Rutgers even!

Honestly I just don’t care about men’s sports and it’s annoying to sift thru it in search of what I care about. I also don’t want to deal with small dick energy losers like you.

Many of us have cared about WBB before Caitlin was born, so I'm pretty sure we will continue to care after she moves on. It would just be nice to know that a person could click on the WBB Forum and have nothing but women's BB discussion. Those that don't care, don't open it up.
So all 11 of you have a place to chat?

C'mon ...it's completely unwarranted ...ONE Basketball Forum is plenty.

Love the fact they made the FF, and Caitlin is a once in a generation player, but let's not go overboard.

Mods? Please?

Edit: Adding that rivals like UNL, Minnesota, Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland all have women’s forums.
I heartily endorse The Boneyard, a UConn website that not only has a UConn Women's forum but also a General Women's Basketball forum. There's probably as much discussion of the Iowa women there as there is here.

The posters there are intelligent and respectful, plus the mods have zero tolerance for name calling junior high types. If you go there please mind your manners.

If there was a women's forum, maybe users who are only interested in men's basketball won't hijack threads on the women's team with Fran talk. :)
YES,and also it's annoying that every so often , in a series of posts praising the women's team and players, to have those "why don't the men do the same" or Fran critiques. Plenty of room for that elsewhere. Takes away from the women's accomplishments. AND, I am a fan of ALL Hawkeye sports: men's and women's.

I agree a separate board would be nice to have for the women’s program.

Heck, I spent more of my free time invested in watching the women and catching up on recruiting than I do the men’s team.

Reactions: hawkod
Really. So, prior to Clark's arrival, how many women's threads were they? More importantly, how many of the threads ever reached a total of 100 responses. Many threads that were started years ago now have hundreds of responses but didn't before her arrival.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
It's ridiculous to come to the Basketball site and see more posts about Fran when the women are doing awesome and now in the Final Four. There have been 999 threads about Fran and 9,999 mentions of Fran on the women's threads. Give it a rest.

I'd say give it a rest on the hyperbole. 8 of the top 10 threads right now are about the women and while there are Fran posts they are the minority. I completely agree the women deserve their own board but this site exists because it gets traffic that is overwhelmingly interested in men's sports and the OT board.

Let's not act shocked when the team most people are on this board for gets brought up. Which would make it nice if there were separate boards...I don't appreciate the wbb fans using their success as an opportunity to take jabs at mbb and their fans and that happens all the time.

I absolutely vote for a wbb only board here but if it doesn't happen there's nothing stopping the women only Iowa fans from starting a women only site with boards dedicated to each sport. I say go for it

I think he and Marge take a two week cruise with no TV's so he has no clue what successful NCAA tourney players look like and what style off bball they play
Marge? Fran's wife was a star player in college--I think she would be interested in the women's final four.

Nothing to do with this thread. Doesn't the university get an allotment of tickets for the fans and season ticket holders. Just asking as I'm having a hard time laying down $300 for a ticket.

I heartily endorse The Boneyard, a UConn website that not only has a UConn Women's forum but also a General Women's Basketball forum. There's probably as much discussion of the Iowa women there as there is here.

The posters there are intelligent and respectful, plus the mods have zero tolerance for name calling junior high types. If you go there please mind your manners.
I've been visiting that site and posting for years, it's a good national board for WCBB.

It's overdue IMO. I inquired about a separate WBB forum about 10 years ago and the mod indicated some interest in the idea but it never materialized.

Really. So, prior to Clark's arrival, how many women's threads were they? More importantly, how many of the threads ever reached a total of 100 responses. Many threads that were started years ago now have hundreds of responses but didn't before her arrival.

How many were mens? Is there some rule that a thread reaches 100 responses? Do all mens threads reach 100 responses? Obviously you don't care about WBB so why are you commenting? Stop!

Once CC graduates the traffic will drop by 75%.

Why do you care? Will it cost you something? How much would the BB site drop after the MBB went to the Final Four, of course if they ever get there. You posted something stupid than could or would happen in any sport.

Reactions: undersized_post

Mods? Please?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT