ADVERTISEMENT

snow coming

Heavy and wet! Cardiac special. It always seems the first one is a bummer. Mostly done....back out about noon for a final clean up. My bride refused to scoop and allowed me to enjoy it myself.
Every year I grow to dislike winter a little bit more.

WWW_KTRK_5DAY_HD.jpg
You southern boys have the upper hand for the next 5.5 months. We win May through October.

Reactions: WisestIowan
I don't know about Iowa, but the actual temperatures are much higher in Kansas than they are in Florida during the height of the summer.
I'm picking two locations: Ankeny Iowa and Orlando FL. Ankeny's highest average temperatures for June through August are, 82, 87, and 85 respectively. https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/ankeny/iowa/united-states/usia0031 During that same period for Orlando, the average high temps are 91, 92, and 92. https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/orlando/florida/united-states/usfl1021

Counterpoint: You have to live in Houston.

One of the best food cities in the US, one of the most culturally diverse cities in the US, 1 hour from the beach, short plane ride to many destinations (NOLA, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, etc), low cost of living, dove hunting, duck hunting, great concerts nearly every weekend... you're right, it sucks.

The weather from May to October sucks. I will give you that.

One of the best food cities in the US, one of the most culturally diverse cities in the US, 1 hour from the beach, short plane ride to many destinations (NOLA, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, etc), low cost of living, dove hunting, duck hunting, great concerts nearly every weekend... you're right, it sucks.

The weather from May to October sucks. I will give you that.
I am probably being unfair - I haven't been there since the late 1990s. I just didn't like it. Felt like a humid, weirdly disjointed place, probably because the odd (non-existent?) zoning laws.

I am probably being unfair - I haven't been there since the late 1990s. I just didn't like it. Felt like a humid, weirdly disjointed place, probably because the odd (non-existent?) zoning laws.

Non-existent.

The city has changed a ton all for the better since I first arrived in 2001. It's a completely different city just since then. I'd give it another try and stay away from the suburbs. They're generic 'burbs that, IMO, offer little other than good golf.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT