ADVERTISEMENT

So, has this been talked about?

Sorry, the real answer is yes. Surprisingly little traction. I think the Righties are trying to figure out what's going on with Dear Leader Don.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Yeah, I finally put all the nut cases on ignore. So I wasn't sure if it was posted in a thread I can't see.

Reactions: artradley
If Trump starts reaching across the Aisle to make deals and get things done that please a large cross section of Americans, the negative press is going to start backfiring(which it already is) on the detractors.

His handling of the hurricanes has been commendable so far.

If he's looking for compromise, that's fine and a step in the right direction.

He could become a hardcore liberal, but it still wouldn't change the image that he's a generally shitty person and is only in this for himself. I respect a good conservative, but I'll never have respect for a constant liar that uses public threats against his enemies.

Reactions: cigaretteman

If Trump starts reaching across the Aisle to make deals and get things done that please a large cross section of Americans, the negative press is going to start backfiring(which it already is) on the detractors.

His handling of the hurricanes has been commendable so far.

His bad press is 100% his own damn fault. He has behaved and spoken with less maturity and thoughtfulness than a middle school child and the honesty of Baghdad Bob. It's idiotic to say the press has been unfair. It is his fault. Entirely.

If he stops behaving like a buffoon the press will get better immediately.

Sorry, the real answer is yes. Surprisingly little traction. I think the Righties are trying to figure out what's going on with Dear Leader Don.
He tweeted at about 5 a.m. this morning that Nancy was incorrect, which probably explains the lack of reaction.

If he's looking for compromise, that's fine and a step in the right direction.

He could become a hardcore liberal, but it still wouldn't change the image that he's a generally shitty person and is only in this for himself. I respect a good conservative, but I'll never have respect for a constant liar that uses public threats against his enemies.

Can't we name a politician who isn't a shitty person in general? I can think of maybe 2-3. Both of our choices for President were the shittiest of the shitty........I had respect for neither. But I'll commend Trump....as i would any president, for trying to make deals to get things moving on both sides.

Can't we name a politician who isn't a shitty person in general? I can think of maybe 2-3. Both of our choices for President were the shittiest of the shitty........I had respect for neither. But I'll commend Trump....as i would any president, for trying to make deals to get things moving on both sides.

Don't worry, I realize both choices were shitty...and I agree on the commend any president that is trying to compromise (as I basically said in my first post).

He still, to me, is near the top of the pile of shitty politicians. I've always disliked him though, so it's not just his politics.

Don't worry, I realize both choices were shitty...and I agree on the commend any president that is trying to compromise (as I basically said in my first post).

He still, to me, is near the top of the pile of shitty politicians. I've always disliked him though, so it's not just his politics.

We've known he was a jackass for 40 years. And people act surprised.....when he acts like a jackass. lol

Reactions: moral_victory
Can you name a presidental canidate that said worse things about women, immigrants, other politicans, the media, etc. than Trump? All politicians lie but can you show me one that can take obvious facts like crowd size or the popular vote total and blindly dispute them? IMHO DJT is the most dishonest president I have been alive to witness! Hillary may not have been an ideal canidate, but she would have been a much better representative for our country.

Can you name a presidental canidate that said worse things about women, immigrants, other politicans, the media, etc. than Trump? All politicians lie but can you show me one that can take obvious facts like crowd size or the popular vote total and blindly dispute them? IMHO DJT is the most dishonest president I have been alive to witness! Hillary may not have been an ideal canidate, but she would have been a much better representative for our country.

At minimum we know where the twat is coming from.

Democrats and some Republicans want a dreamer bill passed. They want it badly enough that it will pass with another poison pill. I am willing to take some poison on this one.

We've known he was a jackass for 40 years. And people act surprised.....when he acts like a jackass. lol

I don't think any of us are surprised he is behaving badly; we're surprised people voted for him, and surprised at the constant false equivalence arguments put forth to defend him.

Yes, all politicians fudge the truth from time to time. But using that as a way to defend him is silly. If I'm driving one mph over the speed limit on the interstate, and another guy is driving 40mph over the speed limit in a school zone, you can't say "Well you were both speeding so stop making a fuss about the other guy."

I don't think any of us are surprised he is behaving badly; we're surprised people voted for him, and surprised at the constant false equivalence arguments put forth to defend him.

Yes, all politicians fudge the truth from time to time. But using that as a way to defend him is silly. If I'm driving one mph over the speed limit on the interstate, and another guy is driving 40mph over the speed limit in a school zone, you can't say "Well you were both speeding so stop making a fuss about the other guy."

I think people voting for him were 2 main reasons. People tired of political dynasties and Career politicians. And Hillary having so much baggage, and being so incredibly unlikeable, that people couldn't stomach voting for her. The media is much to blame for Trump's rise. They propped him up and gave him tons of free air time and he took full advantage of it. Hillary spent nearly 6 times what Trump did in the election, and it didn't do her any good. She come off as disingenuous as anyone could be. She ignored huge swaths of Democrat voters because she didn't feel the need to win them over. She disappeared from being interviewed because she didn't want to answer tough questions. She ran a very lazy campaign.........and she blames everyone but herself for not winning.

I won't defend Trump. I'm not in his camp. But i will point out when he does something "good" or if I perceive a statement as hypocritical. We all do it here. I didn't vote for him, and I won't the next time around if he chooses to run again. But if the Democrats don't come up with someone that really energizes EVERYONE......they are handing right back to Trump and the GOP. Bernie running at 80 and Elizabeth Warren are not the answer Neither is Booker. And the way it's going right now, recent polling has shown that the constant barrage of negativity is not having an effect on voters, or supporters. And if the left keeps screeching about every single thing.....it's going to hurt them in the midterms, and in 2020. People are starting to turn on AntiFa and the protestors as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT