ADVERTISEMENT

So how did they break Cade?

You're right. He's looked great today. All year really.
Not saying “great” but they absolutely went off today for the first time in a while. Just doesn’t seem like the right week for it. I’m sure the knives will really be out if he struggles at PSU but I think we curb stomp the rest of our schedule.

Not saying “great” but they absolutely went off today for the first time in a while. Just doesn’t seem like the right week for it. I’m sure the knives will really be out if he struggles at PSU but I think we curb stomp the rest of our schedule.
I'm a numbers guy, not an emotions guy. The running game was great. The oline looked crisper than it has all year.

Cade on the other hand continues to struggle to round back into form as he had the previous few games. He had the 97th best QBR coming in and it went down today. The Hawks can expect a really crowded box against PSU next week because Iowa's passing game isn't scaring anyone.

I'm a numbers guy, not an emotions guy. The running game was great. The oline looked crisper than it has all year.

Cade on the other hand continues to struggle to round back into form as he had the previous few games. He had the 97th best QBR coming in and it went down today. The Hawks can expect a really crowded box against PSU next week because Iowa's passing game isn't scaring anyone.
If Lachey is out, yeah, expect 9 in the box all game.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
If Lachey is out, yeah, expect 9 in the box all game.
The offense needs to evolve. They still have 3 quality tight ends with 2 of them being very good. I'd be more concerned about Cade looking more comfortable in the offense in general than he has so far. He's struggling right now.

Iowa has some work to do on offense there is no question about that and Cade needs to improve with his throws by making them early and looking off of his primary to the underneath. It will come with him. Much better than what we have seen the last few years.

He used to be a really good QB. I want to believe it's just a health issue that gets better as he heals up, but it feels like it's more than that.
Cade used to be decent. He was surrounded by a lot of talent. I feel like us Iowa fans forget he was benched for another QB even after taking a team to the playoffs. He’s better than recent QBs we have had but he isn’t all-Big like most fans were hoping.

Iowa has some work to do on offense there is no question about that and Cade needs to improve with his throws by making them early and looking off of his primary to the underneath. It will come with him. Much better than what we have seen the last few years.
Bro, Cade isn’t gonna magically turn into a heisman candidate. He is what he is, A middle of the pack qb. So far, he’s been less than that however which is disappointing. I hope he improves.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Bro, Cade isn’t gonna magically turn into a heisman candidate. He is what he is, A middle of the pack qb. So far, he’s been less than that however which is disappointing. I hope he improves.
Truth
I have to be honest I’m a little disappointed. I do hope it’s due to his lingering injuries.
If iowa is going to compete he needs to be much better. FWIW I think we might have something in DH.

His two picks today were balls that should never have been thrown to the guys he was throwing to. Both times there was a guy under and a guy over. Ball was going to be picked no matter what.

His two picks today were balls that should never have been thrown to the guys he was throwing to. Both times there was a guy under and a guy over. Ball was going to be picked no matter what.
Yup, his picks have been 100% on him so far. Not good.

I fell in love with Deacon today.
Awkward Dj Pauly D GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Yes but Brian forced his hand by using that horrific to took away the middle of the field. Easier to defend.

What happened is that he got beat out at Michigan and decided to go to iowa because he had a great chance of playing. Here we are! While I will say I do think his legs are injured and that is not helping him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT