ADVERTISEMENT

So, I just signed up for Peacock...

I live in Michigan and my internet is Comcast Xfinity so we get The Cock for free. Otherwise I would not pay for an additional streaming subscription and instead listen to the radio broadcast over the web, or find some way to illegally stream the TV broadcast. This pay-per-view shit is out of control and as other posters have mentioned I hope their numbers end up sucking.
The Cock was free with Xfinity, but I thought that was over and we have to pay now.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Its 6 bucks. Obviously the hawks, but Id like to watch Rutgers/Wisconsin too, think that could be interesting

What sucks is being in the stream like Peacock or Prime then having to back out of them to go to your regular supplier like YouTube TV to watch other games. Thank God I’ve got two other TV’s to watch games while using the third tv that’s dedicated to the Hawks. Ugh.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
I got a $2/mo. discount - $3.99 vs $5.99 - or I would have thought long and hard about signing up as well.

But knowing that there will very likely be at least a couple bball games on there as well, figured might as well bite the bullet.
care to share the promo code you used?

FWIW, I think that the problem with having B1G games on apps like this isn't so much the extra cost or lack of access for some people, but it makes it much more difficult to flip between games compared to when all the games were on your one TV service, be it cable, satellite or streaming.

I wonder since your Peacock is just a part of your cable package if you'd be able to access an archived recording of these types of live sporting events without a separate DVR function? I believe with the Peacock streaming app service, sporting events are accessible for re-watch shortly after the event ends.
Good question - I will find out tomorrow and let you know. Our wifi plan is the fastest service they offer, and a couple months ago they emailed and said we were eligible for free Peacock as a result so I signed up. My profile on the app shows shows “Peacock Premium” and here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing on the app for tomorrow’s programming. Looks like I might be able to watch it live?:
IMG-0489.png

I grew up none were an option. It was mostly AM radio.

Iowa games were hardly every on TV when I was a kid. Mostly because we were terrible, and in a small market State. Cable changed that...but cable wasn't free and people griped about that.

FWIW, I think that the problem with having B1G games on apps like this isn't so much the extra cost or lack of access for some people, but it makes it much more difficult to flip between games compared to when all the games were on your one TV service, be it cable, satellite or streaming.
I'm not a huge fan of spending the extra money, even if its not a lot, but

this-ukodor.gif

I got peacock for a year for $12 last Black Friday or cyber Monday. I haven’t used it a lot but enough that $12 for a year is worth it. So look for a deal like that in November from them.

The resolution and buffering were terrible last weekend. Not that I expected anything different but we finally subscribed to be met with 144p 2005 youtube quality.
I watched some of the Illinois-Purdue game last week on Peacock. The game video was not good.
The color resolution was pale and poor. Hopefully, the production is better this week.

Reactions: BurgHawk87
I watched some of the Illinois-Purdue game last week on Peacock. The game video was not good.
The color resolution was pale and poor. Hopefully, the production is better this week.
Must be on your end because I have watched games on peacock with no problems at all and picture was fine.

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
Come on fellas life's to short.

But NFL Sunday Ticket at $1200 a year, suck it youtube.
Isn’t it like four payments of 80 dollars for like 200 something? I hate that nfl does less and less 3pm dual local broadcast any more, as a move to get more nfl ticket subscribers it seems.

I feel like the consistent scheduling and national broadcast are a large part of why nfl is americas most watched sport. Eventually you really start hurting the health of the sport when they get carried away.

Exactly. I love YouTubeTV because you can have four games on at once.

My wife just told me today that we have Peacock. I had no idea, but it looks like I will be watching the game after all.

paying $6 for no ability to cloud dvr the game, the idiot who negotiated this "deal" with this POS channel should be drawn and quartered.

Reactions: Moral
watching the premier league, looks great.

Game should be in 4K today
Did anyone get the game in 4K today?

I sure didn't.

Of course, watching Iowa with the ball would be like downgrading 4K to 1080p anyways, so who could tell??

I listened on the radio for the first time in a while and it was pretty nice. I won't be rewarding streamings terrible practices even if it is just 6 dollars. A game like this could be played on local broadcasts but Peacock is trying to pad subscription numbers. Eff em.

I listened on the radio for the first time in a while and it was pretty nice. I won't be rewarding streamings terrible practices even if it is just 6 dollars. A game like this could be played on local broadcasts but Peacock is trying to pad subscription numbers. Eff em.

For me, the largest part of my gripe about more and more sports moving to streaming is its the PITA of switching between the apps on SmartCast and my regular TV option(s) when trying to watch different games - which there are many - on Saturdays.

Watching the games on an app means taking the time for the TV to switch into SC mode, then find the app to start it, then find the game if it doesn't immediately pop up. Game on app either goes to commercial or halftime, and I want to check the score/action on a D*/cable game and I have to switch out of SC mode. Want to go back to the app game and need to re-wait for SC mode to load, re-find the app, re-start the app and re-find the game.

Such a f*ing hassle just to watch some football on a Saturday afternoon/evening.

For me, the largest part of my gripe about more and more sports moving to streaming is its the PITA of switching between the apps on SmartCast and my regular TV option(s) when trying to watch different games - which there are many - on Saturdays.

Watching the games on an app means taking the time for the TV to switch into SC mode, then find the app to start it, then find the game if it doesn't immediately pop up. Game on app either goes to commercial or halftime, and I want to check the score/action on a D*/cable game and I have to switch out of SC mode. Want to go back to the app game and need to re-wait for SC mode to load, re-find the app, re-start the app and re-find the game.

Such a f*ing hassle just to watch some football on a Saturday afternoon/evening.
I hear you. I’ve got a laptop I put on a coffee table and will throw on a random stream. If I’m not vested in a singular game I use the YouTube tv multiview and watch 4 more games on there at the same time

I have no idea why but I have peacock and I don't pay anything for it. I've been watching football games on there all year without any additional cost. I've watched the Iowa Michigan State game and I've watched the Iowa Purdue game.
I do pay extra for Paramount Plus and Hulu. My only means of watching CBS and NBC is through Paramount Plus and peacock. I also have a Roku and that was just a one-time charge for the equipment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT