ADVERTISEMENT

So, I'm watching Chicago concert on PBS

Seen them in concert 5 times I think; last time it was front row. Band isn’t what it used to be (only 3 original members remain, and a few other key members have also moved on), but they’re one of my all-time favorites. To lose Terry Kath in the late 70s and still maintain such greatness is quite impressive.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Wasn’t it was ballads like this that some of the Chicago members, particularly the horns section, grew tired of. Then became one of the reasons Peter Cetera was pushed out of the group?

I really haven't read enough to know, but that sounds about right.

Band drama is stupid. A lot of possible great music has been lost due to egos

I remember being in elementary school going to Varsity Basketball games. During pre-game warm-ups the pep band played 25 or 6 to 4.

Turn the clock, my senior year playing basketball. Same band director for pep band, still playing it. The riff got me pumped to play. CSB

I remember being in elementary school going to Varsity Basketball games. During pre-game warm-ups the pep band played 25 or 6 to 4.

Turn the clock, my senior year playing basketball. Same band director for pep band, still playing it. The riff got me pumped to play. CSB
Yep, same here. The local high school band would play “25 or 6 to 4” and “The Horse” by Cliff Nobles during the basketball team pre-game warmups. In elementary school concert band we also played “25 or 6 to 4”.

• Love
Yep, same here. The local high school band would play “25 or 6 to 4” and “The Horse” by Cliff Nobles during the basketball team pre-game warmups. In elementary school concert band we also played “25 or 6 to 4”.
Played that song in Jazz Band - still love that intro.

My music tastes between football and basketball were completely different pre-grame. B'bball, I just wanted to get a vibe going. Football, I wanted to get angry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT