ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese - trying to alienate herself from her fans, I guess.

In addition to the athletic apparel brand, Reese has signed endorsement deals with brands like Beats by Dre, Tampax, Airbnb, Amazon, Playstation, Bose, Raising Cane’s, Sonic, and Mielle Organics worth an estimated total of $1.8m, per Spotrac.
$900k+ of which she'll be paying in agent/management fees, legal fees and taxes....

I think one could argue that for much of its short history, the WNBA was not treated as a serious league that could be profitable….for whatever reason, Clark and the current young crop of players has brought more awareness to the league and its product than they’ve had in the previous 25 years.
If you really think about it, it really shouldn’t be that shocking that the bigger waves of talent (in terms of overall depth/numbers) the WNBA has seen is coming from the first generation of girls who grew up with pro hoops in this country as a legitimate possibility. Plenty of current players (including Caitlin extensively) have talked about the league’s impact on them at a young age.

Reactions: pink shizzle
The rent at the place she chose to live. That's a big blanket you're throwing out.
1. I'm late to the party and not super interested in an Angel Reese thread.

2. I was just pointing out that an NBA salary wouldn't likely fit this criteria.

3. 8k for rent seems high no matter what city.

4. You guys are multiple pages in and there isn't a single photo of Reese, this place used to be a place of culture and sophistication, with rules.

5. Angel Reese needs max her income now. Many athletes are broke within a couple of years of their last check and she doesn't strike me as someone who is going to offer much outside of "bayou barbie" and "mebounds".

1. I'm late to the party and not super interested in an Angel Reese thread.

2. I was just pointing out that an NBA salary wouldn't likely fit this criteria.

3. 8k for rent seems high no matter what city.

4. You guys are multiple pages in and there isn't a single photo of Reese, this place used to be a place of culture and sophistication, with rules.

5. Angel Reese needs max her income now. Many athletes are broke within a couple of years of their last check and she doesn't strike me as someone who is going to offer much outside of "bayou barbie" and "mebounds".
None of this makes sense in relation to your previous post I responded to.

NoleATL said:
Very true but it still doesn't disprove the point that the rent is too high for the WNBA salary alone.

* fify

If you really think about it, it really shouldn’t be that shocking that the bigger waves of talent (in terms of overall depth/numbers) the WNBA has seen is coming from the first generation of girls who grew up with pro hoops in this country as a legitimate possibility. Plenty of current players (including Caitlin extensively) have talked about the league’s impact on them at a young age.

Imma guess this kid has been watching them for quite a few of her 13-14 years she's been alive...

None of this makes sense in relation to your previous post I responded to.

NoleATL said:
Very true but it still doesn't disprove the point that the rent is too high for the WNBA salary alone.

* fify
Nole said NBA. I switched it to WNBA.

Meaning an NBA salary likely wouldn't have any issue covering 100k a year in housing.

MONTHLY HOUSING STIPEND

Players can opt to receive a housing stipend instead of team provided housingto put towards housing of their choosing. The monthly stipend varies by seasonand by city. For the 2024 season the monthly stipends are listed below:

CHI $1,952

Reactions: hawkcub
I've been saying it for years, we need a puke emoji for a response! I can't understand how anyone would find her attractive. 🤢
Different strokes for different folks. Just like how some dudes love fatties or those built like prepubescent boys and some women love the dad bod or scrawny, etc.

I've been saying it for years, we need a puke emoji for a response! I can't understand how anyone would find her attractive. 🤢
si2023_angel_reese_05_0690_c_social.jpg

m8BZk4.gif

Definitely as a breakthrough I’d agree, although it’s not like the WNBA was devoid of talent either.

It just seems like they did a poor job of creating awareness surrounding the league in general - I found out this year that I watched the Fever on I think 8 different networks…a couple of which I’d never watched before. And they still had several games that were streaming only.

That’s a bit unfair. Lots of practice, training and travel.

If the WNBA television viewership continues to increase, these women will see better paydays - and they will deserve it.

Silly for them to be whining now - they need to embrace the new popularity and stay positive, be parent and they will be rewarded.
Yeah my post above is what I was getting at. It's obviously a full time job............... for 5 months or so. You're spot on about better horizons though.

I’m a fan of hers. I’ll never stop. However, she is dumb. But she is beautiful.

Imagine if she can develop a shot. She’d be unstoppable
Imagine the arguments and then the making up. I'd probably be in the fetal position most of the time.

Reactions: millah_22
Reminds me of 20 years ago when the t-pups were trying to resign Latrell.

On October 31, 2004, the Minnesota Timberwolves offered Sprewell a three-year, $21 million contract extension, a substantial pay cut. Claiming to feel insulted by the offer, he publicly expressed outrage, declaring, "I have a family to feed." He declined the extension and the Timberwolves offered him nothing more.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
Definitely as a breakthrough I’d agree, although it’s not like the WNBA was devoid of talent either.

It just seems like they did a poor job of creating awareness surrounding the league in general - I found out this year that I watched the Fever on I think 8 different networks…a couple of which I’d never watched before. And they still had several games that were streaming only.
Yeah, I tried to word that carefully - there’s always been talent in the WNBA and as a league with so few teams, it’s kept the overall talent level high….but I also think it’s pretty inarguable that the collegiate game is better than it’s ever been from an overall talent and depth angle. There have been stars and elite players throughout, but I think the fact that the WNBA has exited for this generation’s lifetime has played a significant role in growing the game even as hte league itself hasn’t been profitable.

Reactions: sober_teacher

I also think some of the multiple network issue is a very quick desire to get more games on TV in a really short time. Especially those fledgling networks were willing to take on some number of games as inventory of a live sports product and presumably some Caitlin Clark air time. I think if the league continues to grow, you’ll probably see something more like the NBA TV model.

Reactions: sober_teacher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT