ADVERTISEMENT

So, Iowa City is a sanctuary city for Illegals

States received a total of $210 million in 2016 alone specifically for CAAP (criminal alien assistance program) on top of billions of dollars designated towards other programs. When local, county, state officials refuse to cooperate they are in essence stealing from the federal government and not the other way around. More importantly they are cheating the taxpayers whose tax dollars fund the program. For the record ICE does have holding facilities but it would not be cost effective to build detention centers specifically for ICE when facilities already exist at the state and local level, facilities that also receive some amount of federal funding unless they are privately owned and operated.

http://www.counties.org/sites/main/files/file-attachments/fy_2016_scaap_awards.pdf

According to this report, Polk County Iowa received exactly $0 from CAAP.

https://auditor.iowa.gov/sites/default/files/audit_reports/1510-0077-C00F.pdf

pages 153 and 154 Is the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal awards and shows $0 to Polk County.

You got some facts to back up your cheating and stealing allegations?????

Last edited:
no it wasn't...what history did you study?
Native Americans.....Spanish/Portugese and French were all here before "we" were....

Actually I'm not English. And you're right.

On a serious note, just because the U.S. has welcomed legal immigration in the past does not mean we are compelled to continue that policy.

On a serious note, just because the U.S. has welcomed legal immigration in the past does not mean we are compelled to continue that policy.
But...but Diversity(as long as it isn't white)enriches our culture and most of the "culture enrichers" vote democratic because the dims love buying votes with our hard earned tax dollars.
With all the problems our nation faces, I don't understand why we need to add to them by importing low IQ 3rd worlders.

States received a total of $210 million in 2016 alone specifically for CAAP (criminal alien assistance program) on top of billions of dollars designated towards other programs. When local, county, state officials refuse to cooperate they are in essence stealing from the federal government and not the other way around. More importantly they are cheating the taxpayers whose tax dollars fund the program. For the record ICE does have holding facilities but it would not be cost effective to build detention centers specifically for ICE when facilities already exist at the state and local level, facilities that also receive some amount of federal funding unless they are privately owned and operated.
Much like a city using money that was earmarked for flood recovery to buy a golf course. You misused federal funding.

Much like a city using money that was earmarked for flood recovery to buy a golf course. You misused federal funding.

Yes, naturally, I think most people agree that accepting federal funds specifically for detaining alleged illegal immigrants, and then not detaining said illegal immigrants would be a problem.

Who are you thinking on this board disagrees with that?

Wait, you are alleging that the city of Iowa city is either:

a) bringing in illegals from outside the country
b) transporting them to bring them in illegally
c) or harboring, i.e. concealing them from federal authorities?

Whoa, any facts - at all - to support that?
Oh where do I begin?

We haven't always welcomed immigrants. To the contrary, at times in our history we have been very tough about it.

Did you ignore the first time I responded to this?

Kind sir..........I've done a quick search of the many Posts, here in my thread......but
I haven't found where you enlightened us with your pronouncement regarding
Kate Steinle.

My apologies, sir..........but where the ** did you respond?
Have a good day, IowatheHawk

Do Dems think this is a winning issue for them? Why die on this sword over sanctuary cities when there are many other things Trump is doing that to be upset about. This isnt one of them.

Do Dems think this is a winning issue for them? Why die on this sword over sanctuary cities when there are many other things Trump is doing that to be upset about. This isnt one of them.

Wait, you think a POTUS threatening to defund/boycot some of the largest cities in the Country will get put on the backburner?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT