ADVERTISEMENT

So, today is Impeachment day for Mayorkas.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Second article is pretty weak.

According to the first impeachment article set forth by House Republicans, Mayorkas “has willfully and systemically refused to comply with Federal immigration laws.” Republicans blame Mayorkas for allowing millions of people to enter the country illegally, “with many unlawfully remaining” in the U.S., according to the articles.

The second impeachment article accuses him of breaching the “public trust” and “knowingly” obstructing “lawful oversight of the Department of Homeland Security.” “Alejandro N. Mayorkas knowingly made false statements to Congress that the border is ‘secure,’ that the border is ‘no less secure than it was previously,’ that the border is ‘closed,’ and that DHS has ‘operational control’ of the border,” the second article of impeachment says.

“Senator, is this deal dead, effectively?” Fox News’s Laura Ingraham asked Hawley Thursday evening.
“I hope so,” Hawley said. “It should be. If it’s not dead yet it should be dead. There is absolutely no reason to agree to policies that would further enable Joe Biden.”

“Senator, is this deal dead, effectively?” Fox News’s Laura Ingraham asked Hawley Thursday evening.
“I hope so,” Hawley said. “It should be. If it’s not dead yet it should be dead. There is absolutely no reason to agree to policies that would further enable Joe Biden.”
That answer should 100% get Hawley impeached.

I think I like this Todd Young guy. saw this the other day. Don't know anything about him besides this but it's better than all others I've seen.

GOP Sen. Todd Young of Indiana called any efforts to disrupt the ongoing negotiations “tragic” and said: “I hope no one is trying to take this away for campaign purposes.”

“I would encourage (chief Senate GOP negotiator) James Lankford and other conservatives to produce a work product with which they will shortly allow conservatives like myself to review it and take heart that there are a number of us who won’t be looking to third parties and assessing the propriety of passing this bipartisan proposal,” Young said.

It’s an all-too-familiar dynamic for the Republicans who served while Trump was in office, where he could easily derail legislative action on Capitol Hill with the blast of a single tweet or stir up a new controversy that Republicans were forced to respond to. And with Trump now marching toward the presidential nomination, Republicans are once again bracing for life with him as the nominee.

Underscoring just how damaging Trump’s comments and campaign to kill the border deal have been in the Senate, one GOP senator on condition of background told CNN that without Trump, this deal would have had overwhelming support within the conference.

“This proposal would have had almost unanimous Republican support if it weren’t for Donald Trump,” the Republican senator said.

So you would support a shitty bill for what reason?
The Republicans who crafted it say it’s the best bill they will ever get. It’s what they have been begging for. It won’t get passed because of the orange turd once again putting himself first. People like you are fine with it…because he’s your cult leader. Bipartisan legislation created by a very conservative Republican Senator and it won’t get passed because of the crazies running your party. Idiot.

The Republicans who crafted it say it’s the best bill they will ever get. It’s what they have been begging for. It won’t get passed because of the orange turd once again putting himself first. People like you are fine with it…because he’s your cult leader. Bipartisan legislation created by a very conservative Republican Senator and it won’t get passed because of the crazies running your party. Idiot.
I don't want the bill as is because it is a bad bill. Has nothing to do with party or Trump. Why would you want a bill that still allows mass illegal crossings? If your leg was cut off would you just put a band aid on it?

The impeachment is stupid and it’s unhealthy that we’ve come to treating it like an ordinary inter branch remedy that gets exercised at least once every term.

The r’s are wrong to suggest these “failure to execute” claims are high crimes and misdemeanors. Unfortunately for executives though, the left are wrong to suggest that an impeachable offense is anything other than what congress says it is. (I doubt courts would hear an appeal).

Reactions: cigaretteman
I think he is bad at his job but I hate we impeach for everything. It doesn't mean as much when actually deserved.
If it isn't the consequences of the left's behavior..mayorkas has easily earned impeachment for what he's done at the border. Joe biden should be impeached and criminally charged too but it's better for the republicans if the dems have to run him again given his record. Mayorkas and biden are guilty of much more than Trump, and I say that as someone who doesn't want trump near the white house ever again.

LOL. Sure sure.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Current scoreboard:

Biden: 0
Biden is a fascist and being sued in the Supreme Court at present for first ammendment violations by a state and is on track to lose. You're running a victory lap on fani Willis who is currently under investigation and e Jean Carroll who won't ever see a penny and is an obvious fraud. You're not a serious person. Do you realize this?

There will be no breakthrough on border security in the Senate,.. If the Senate was serious they would be working with House leadership,.. Instead they are working in secrecy to craft a lead boat that will never float.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
If it isn't the consequences of the left's behavior..mayorkas has easily earned impeachment for what he's done at the border. Joe biden should be impeached and criminally charged too but it's better for the republicans if the dems have to run him again given his record. Mayorkas and biden are guilty of much more than Trump, and I say that as someone who doesn't want trump near the white house ever again.
What kind of an anti-American motherphuquer are you really scruffy? Other than being boringly stupid...what do you hate so much and hate so many?
Mayorkas has done nothing wrong here. Perhaps it is the Republicans in the House who need to be removed from office...as they have a bi-partisan bill ready to be signed that has every thing in it they say they need, but now the say they would rather make political points over the border than settle the problem.

What kind of an anti-American motherphuquer are you really scruffy? Other than being boringly stupid...what do you hate so much and hate so many?
Mayorkas has done nothing wrong here. Perhaps it is the Republicans in the House who need to be removed from office...as they have a bi-partisan bill ready to be signed that has every thing in it they say they need, but now the say they would rather make political points over the border than settle the problem.
Mayorkas has done nothing wrong?! LOL 10 million + illegal aliens tells a very different story. You'd have to be a complete fvcking idiot to buy the BS you're trying to sell here.

I don't want the bill as is because it is a bad bill. Has nothing to do with party or Trump. Why would you want a bill that still allows mass illegal crossings? If your leg was cut off would you just put a band aid on it?
You aren't being truthful. You're in a cult. A very conservative Senator from Oklahoma put this together and you're against it. There's only one reason for it and everybody here knows exactly why that is.

You aren't being truthful. You're in a cult. A very conservative Senator from Oklahoma put this together and you're against it. There's only one reason for it and everybody here knows exactly why that is.
How is it a good bill when you are still allowing mass entries?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT