ADVERTISEMENT

So we're questioning the loyalty of soldiers/nat guard

Well we saw that many law enforcement are sympathetic to one group but see the other group as an opportunity to "lay down the law"...even you can admit the 2 groups were treated very differently....right? Eh, nevermind.....it's funny that you assume every protester this summer was "the left" but considering almost no Trumpist righty would even be slightly annoyed about a cop murdering a black man slowly on video....you could be right. Besides all the instigators of course

FiveThirtyEight had a good article on this a couple of weeks ago.

Data collected by researchers at ASU show that, worldwide, authorities are twice as likely to respond with force to left-wing protests than they are to right-wing protests.

I've also had the sense that part of the reason the protests lingered and turned to violence at times was due to the pandemic - lots of anxiety and anger surrounding it and people were lashing out.

I've got nothing to back that up, just a feeling I have. Police actions in other cities also helped fuel the flames as well, whether some of them were justified or not.

Now, it's a dozen

People forget that the military is a representation of the country, both good and bad. There are a LOT of great, intelligent, hard working, well meaning, helpful people in the military. There are also a bunch of scumbags. Those 12 are the latter.

I'm old enough to remember when the media excused members of the Secret Service posting on Facebook anti-Trump posts.

We sure have come a long way.

I also seems to remember the same media and many here brushing off the clear bias of Peter Strzok and Lisa Page... hmmm.

You are all are a strange bunch.

I'm old enough to remember when the media excused members of the Secret Service posting on Facebook anti-Trump posts.

We sure have come a long way.

I also seems to remember the same media and many here brushing off the clear bias of Peter Strzok and Lisa Page... hmmm.

You are all are a strange bunch.

When's the Durham Report out, bro? 😂 😂 😂 😂

Robert_Hanssen.jpg

When's the Durham Report out, bro? 😂 😂 😂 😂
I just love when you have no retort you try and drag a completely arbitrary and unrelated subject up.

You are the king of moving the goalposts.

We have an incoming administration removing military members for not showing the required allegiance to a political party. Thats not like North Korea at all...

• Wow
Reactions: Torg
To the freaking Constitution, not a party or person. Ie, the EXACT opposite of what Trump wanted.
I'm interested if you know anyone in the NG and if they, in fact, took an oath upon their admission?

What was that oath?

Are you for continuing investigations of everyone in the service to make sure that oath is still in effect?

I talk to a guy who works for me this morning who is in the NG and he confirmed what I already knew... I just want to baby feed it to you.

I'm interested if you know anyone in the NG and if they, in fact, took an oath upon their admission?

What was that oath?

Are you for continuing investigations of everyone in the service to make sure that oath is still in effect?

I talk to a guy who works for me this morning who is in the NG and he confirmed what I already knew... I just want to baby feed it to you.

I and half the people I know are in the Army/ARNG. We take an oath to "support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic".

Belonging to, or supporting, groups that would commit sedition in violation of the Constitution makes one a domestic enemies of the Constitution, which violates their oath. So, if a member of the ARNG belongs to the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers or is a 3per (or a local militia), they are violating their oath to the Constitution and should be removed from the military post haste. And yes, the military absolutely needs to do a better job of looking at the background of people enlisting in the military, or joining as officers to prevent people like that from joining in the first place. If they are found to belong to a group like that after they are in, they should be removed as quickly as possible.

What was that oath?

you do realize the person you are talking with is active duty, right?

I and half the people I know are in the Army/ARNG. We take an oath to "support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic".

Belonging to, or supporting, groups that would commit sedition in violation of the Constitution makes one a domestic enemies of the Constitution, which violates their oath. So, if a member of the ARNG belongs to the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers or is a 3per (or a local militia), they are violating their oath to the Constitution and should be removed from the military post haste. And yes, the military absolutely needs to do a better job of looking at the background of people enlisting in the military, or joining as officers to prevent people like that from joining in the first place. If they are found to belong to a group like that after they are in, they should be removed as quickly as possible.

I’m surprised people have trouble understanding this.

FTR, here's the oath. Please note 2 things, 1. the Officers Oath is different and 2. we take an oath to follow orders of POTUS/officers, not an oath TO POTUS/officers

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders (<<<- this part, we don't take a loyalty oath to POTUS) of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God

Reactions: Torg and ping72

So to recap... they took an oath to support and defend the constitution upon entry into the NG.

It's possible that some backgrounds or associations fell through the cracks but its it's also possible that you believe that people over time become jaded, misinformed, bamboozled, brain-washed, etc into actions or thoughts that violate that oath. You are also for the military "looking at the background of people enlisting in the military," but you stop short of saying that active and ongoing investigations need to be carried out. Is it a 1 time deal??

Should these type investigations extend to other form of government officials who take a similar oath? Say Congress? FBI? Because as you know, EVERY government official takes a similar oath.

Shall we have a new Department of Oath Maintenance?

I already knew the answer, sport. I am simply giving you guys enough rope to hang yourselves...

Apparently, you didn't because you were positing some nonsense about "alignment with a political party", the context of the thread.

Of course, if a certain "political party" or "organization" is actively undermining our Constitution, then - AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT TO YOU - then engaging with and supporting them is a VIOLATION of the oath to the Constitution.

How this escapes you, is utterly baffling.

So to recap... they took an oath to support and defend the constitution upon entry into the NG.

It's possible that some backgrounds or associations fell through the cracks but its it's also possible that you believe that people over time become jaded, misinformed, bamboozled, brain-washed, etc into actions or thoughts that violate that oath. You are also for the military "looking at the background of people enlisting in the military," but you stop short of saying that active and ongoing investigations need to be carried out. Is it a 1 time deal??

Should these type investigations extend to other form of government officials who take a similar oath? Say Congress? FBI? Because as you know, EVERY government official takes a similar oath.

Shall we have a new Department of Oath Maintenance?

What's all this gibberish about? Trying to justify your original idiocy?

You look like a fool.

Apparently, you didn't because you were positing some nonsense about "alignment with a political party", the context of the thread.

Of course, if a certain "political party" or "organization" is actively undermining our Constitution, then - AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT TO YOU - then engaging with and supporting them is a VIOLATION of the oath to the Constitution.

How this escapes you, is utterly baffling.
I was pointing out that they have already sworn an oath the uphold and defend the Constitution when they joined the NG... and ONE political party is the one investigating all the members to ensure compliance. There is no party actively undermining the Constitution.

So I take it up are OK with the Department of Oath Compliance as well.

Great more government.

You sure get baffled a lot.

I was pointing out that they have already sworn an oath the uphold and defend the Constitution when they joined the NG

And SOME of them have joined organizations which VIOLATE that oath.

Which you still do not seem to understand. BAU

I was pointing out that they have already sworn an oath the uphold and defend the Constitution when they joined the NG... and ONE political party is the one investigating all the members to ensure compliance. There is no party actively undermining the Constitution.

So I take it up are OK with the Department of Oath Compliance as well.

Great more government.

You sure get baffled a lot.
IF they were taking members of the Republican party off duty then you would have a point. But this is not happening. You really are an idiot.

Reactions: Joes Place
So, 20% of those charged are in the military or vets, despite 7% of people being in the military or vets. Seems a bit high

So, 20% of those charged are in the military or vets, despite 7% of people being in the military or vets. Seems a bit high

😲

So joining the military makes you 3x MORE likely to be a white nationalist....!!???
(and it's probably more like 10-30x, when you consider you have to eliminate practically any minority service member, and limit the ratio to just the white people...)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT