ADVERTISEMENT

So we're questioning the loyalty of soldiers/nat guard

Titanhawk2

HR Legend
Jul 14, 2011
...people who literally know that they take orders and don't do things on their own, questioning whether they will do what? Yet to question the venerable men and women of the FBI, who have the freedom to do whatever they want, was sacrilege.

My son was with the Natl Guard for six years, and was deployed to Philly for the BLM protests. He absolutely believes there is a risk of some of those guys switching sides. It draws from the MAGA demographic. It has tons of uneducated hicks, white supremacists, and other losers; with dismal training.

FBI is an entirely different quality personnel.

A 18 year old enlisted part time soldier without a clearance is probably a bit more of a security risk than a FBI agent with a comprehensive favorably adjudicated clearance up to the TS level.

This. . . all you need to join the national guard is to be 18 years old, in semi decent shape and not committed major crimes.

There is a hell of a lot more that is required to be an FBI agent.

Reactions: Torg and Fluffles
Pelosi praises National Guard presence in DC after resisting troops during BLM riots

She criticized Trump for deploying Guard to DC during George Floyd riots

It's highly questionable at best to call the protests in DC for George Floyd "riots"

And the guard was deployed there before anyone even showed up. At the Capitol it was only deployed in force after the MAGA's got violent.

I can't speak for today's NG, but I can speak for circa 2002-2008. A lot of rednecks, uneducated fools. However a lot of intelligent, independent, and yes liberal minds. You can't put them all in one box.

Reactions: Torg and hawkedoff
It's highly questionable at best to call the protests in DC for George Floyd "riots"

And the guard was deployed there before anyone even showed up. At the Capitol it was only deployed in force after the MAGA's got violent.

George Floyd death: Washington DC hit by violent protests

She criticized Trump for deploying Guard to DC during George Floyd riots
Yes, I remember all those hundreds of heavily armed George Floyd rioters that stormed the Capitol building assaulting dozens of Capitol police officers with lethal weapons, killing 5 people including a cop, planting pipe bombs, threatening to hang the VP of the United States, desecrating federal property while hunting down elected officials assembled for a joint session of Congress, looting federal property, defecating on the premises, and claiming the Capitol as "our house". Who could forget that?

story.tim.uniform.attention.jpg

Yes, I remember all those hundreds of heavily armed George Floyd rioters that stormed the Capitol building assaulting dozens of Capitol police officers with lethal weapons, killing 5 people including a cop, planting pipe bombs, threatening to hang the VP of the United States, desecrating federal property while hunting down elected officials assembled for a joint session of Congress, looting federal property, defecating on the premises, and claiming the Capitol as "our house". Who could forget that?

I remember the left assaulting police, setting police cars on fire, attacking and overrunning a precinct. Attacking federal buildings, trying to set government buildings on fire and trying to burn people alive in buildings.

The mass scale of destruction justified the national guard being called in.

Pelosi is being a hypocrite.

“At least 30 people, ranging in age from 14-77, were killed in largely left-wing riots in summer 2020.”

...people who literally know that they take orders and don't do things on their own, questioning whether they will do what? Yet to question the venerable men and women of the FBI, who have the freedom to do whatever they want, was sacrilege.
Yet another, “Thanks, Trump”, shameful moment for America.

Are you not paying attention? This is Trump's America.

Reactions: Rudolph and ping72
I remember the left assaulting police, setting police cars on fire, attacking and overrunning a precinct. Attacking federal buildings, trying to set government buildings on fire and trying to burn people alive in buildings.

“At least 30 people, ranging in age from 14-77, were killed in largely left-wing riots in summer 2020.”

Then you probably also remember the massive police and national guard presence which was deployed to prevent such stupid violence unlike the meager law enforcement presence to defend the US Capitol. Pelosi's observation was spot on.

Then you probably also remember the massive police and national guard presence which was deployed to prevent such stupid violence unlike the meager law enforcement presence to defend the US Capitol. Pelosi's observation was spot on.

So why was Pelosi critical of one and supportive of the other?

So why was Pelosi critical of one and supportive of the other?
I honestly don't know if Pelosi publically criticized the violent Portland protests.

Edit:

“We support peaceful demonstrations. We participate in them. They are part of the essence of our democracy. That does not include looting, starting fires, or rioting. They should be prosecuted. That is lawlessness,” the speaker said on the House floor.....

Nancy Pelosi Finally Condemns Rioters: 'That Is Lawlessness' (breitbart.com)

You kinda funny. Not deep, just funny.

Reactions: Rudolph
I honestly don't know if Pelosi publically criticized the violent Portland protests.

Edit:

“We support peaceful demonstrations. We participate in them. They are part of the essence of our democracy. That does not include looting, starting fires, or rioting. They should be prosecuted. That is lawlessness,” the speaker said on the House floor.....

Nancy Pelosi Finally Condemns Rioters: 'That Is Lawlessness' (breitbart.com)

nu2u,

You're confused. I’m asking why Nancy supported the guard presence in one instance but criticized it in the other.

nu2u,

You're confused. I’m asking why Nancy supported the guard presence in one instance but criticized it in the other.
One preceded the other, both at the same location, with different threats and, of course, outcomes.

I will surmise that Pelosi felt that National Guard activation to stand guard at the Lincoln Memorial for the BLM rally was unwarranted but, nevertheless, if the Guard was activated for the DC BLM protest in June why were they not activated for the Trump "Stop the Steal" rally to protect the Capitol building in January, especially since violence on Capitol grounds was anticipated by federal and local law enforcement agencies.

Reactions: Rudolph
Hey idiot...did you watch any of the video from the Capitol insurrection? If you had, that would answer your question and why the level of trust isn't at an all time high.

Considering there are members of the military in FBI custody right now who violated their oath on 6 Jan, I think questioning the ability of some troops is a valid response.

Political violence is political violence Tom.

Join me in denouncing all of it.
Political violence? See...you still don't get it. You REFUSE to get it. Only one of these things was political. It was the one where our Capitol got stormed with idiots looking to execute Pence and Pelosi. Because the political party they follow lie to them over and over and over. The other thing was people of color being sick of racial injustice in this country. Figure. It. Out.

If you have been paying attention, which you clearly haven't been, you would have read pretty much every Democrat on this board denounce the fires and looting. We've done it multiple times. But you keep wanting to go back to this summer, which was completely different from January 6 in so many ways. Damn, man.

nu2u,

Well we saw that many law enforcement are sympathetic to one group but see the other group as an opportunity to "lay down the law"...even you can admit the 2 groups were treated very differently....right? Eh, nevermind.....it's funny that you assume every protester this summer was "the left" but considering almost no Trumpist righty would even be slightly annoyed about a cop murdering a black man slowly on video....you could be right. Besides all the instigators of course

Reactions: Torg

This study is only up to date until June of 2020 which leaves a lot of right wing violence behind. But it found...

“Between 1994 and 2020, there were 893 terrorist attacks and plots in the United States. Overall, right-wing terrorists perpetrated the majority—57 percent—of all attacks and plots during this period, compared to 25 percent committed by left-wing terrorists, 15 percent by religious terrorists, 3 percent by ethnonationalists, and 0.7 percent by terrorists with other motives.”

TNT_Graphics_Web-02.jpg

“In analyzing fatalities from terrorist attacks, religious terrorism has killed the largest number of individuals—3,086 people—primarily due to the attacks on September 11, 2001, which caused 2,977 deaths.10 The magnitude of this death toll fundamentally shaped U.S. counterterrorism policy over the past two decades. In comparison, right-wing terrorist attacks caused 335 deaths, left-wing attacks caused 22 deaths, and ethnonationalist terrorists caused 5 deaths.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT