HB King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa

VU2CDk2c

Last edited:
This lineup would be tough on teams:

PG 6'3" Bowen / 5'11" Harding
SG: 6'8" Pryce Sandfort (still growing) / 6'6" Dix
SF: 6'10" Power; 6'8" Koch (added per Fran)
PF: 6'11'" Estrella
C: 6'10" Freeman / 7'0" JT Rock

Tall, long, athletic and skilled.

A bit optimistic, haha, but we have a pretty solid chance with the 3 on that list still outstanding.

Last edited:
Fran offered TJ Power almost 2 years ago (Aug 27, 2020). Four of the blue bloods finally offered LAST MONTH.

Jeff Goodman wrote that TJ might be the best 2023 player in the nation.

Aug 27, 2020: Iowa offered TJ

Almost 2 years pass....

May 4, 2022: Virginia offered

July 10, 2022: Kansas offered

July 12, 2022: North Carolina offered

July 12, 2022: UCLA offered

July 14, 2022: Duke offered

This lineup would be tough on teams:

PG 6'3" Bowen / 5'11" Harding
SG: 6'8" Pryce Sandfort (still growing) / 6'6" Dix
SF: 6'10" Power
PF: 6'11'" Estrella
C: 6'10" Freeman / 7'0" JT Rock

Tall, long, athletic and skilled.

A bit optimistic, haha, but we have a pretty solid chance with the 3 on that list still outstanding.

Calm down. You are going to give @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset a heart attack! ;)

Since you added a 2024 kid, you forgot to plug in top 100 Cooooooooooooooooooper Koch!

Fran offered TJ Power almost 2 years ago (Aug 27, 2020). Four of the blue bloods finally offered LAST MONTH.

Almost 2 years pass....

i despise all of them, but those 5 days in july between the 10th and 14th were pretty good for TJ. dang!

be a Hawk!

I love the connections Fran has made on the East coast.

And remember the Iowa/Boston connection: Caleb Middleton (2024 PF), TJ Power (2023), Dasonte Bowen (2022), Josh Ogundele (2020) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of the BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club).

TJ was among many who visited last year for the Penn State football game. As you scroll down, you will see the tweet from the BABC.

The Boston guys, From Left to Right:
Caleb Middleton (6'10, Class of 2024 PF)
Courtney Eldridge, Iowa Director of Recruiting
Dasonte Bowen
TJ Power
Josh Ogundele

FBVtaxlXMAMFiwT

Some more pics from the Penn State game:

Caleb Middleton (2024 PF)

137a2561.jpg

Cooper Koch (2024 PF)

137a2533.jpg

TJ Power (2023 PF)

137a2552.jpg

Josh Dix (2022 Commit)

137a2539.jpg

Dasonte Bowen (2022 Commit)

137a2530.jpg

Reactions: bowlhawk

Almost 2 years pass....

Wow......Fran was WAY ahead of the gang. I believe, from what I have read, that Fran has the best relationship of any of the coaches with this young man. I have also read that Iowa has talked to him about a Keagan Murray type role......and from the video I've seen that isn't a bad comparison. Hopefully the relationship, recent success putting guys in the NBA/Player of the year, and the recruiting pitch will work for the good guys!

I am questioning Power's listed height now at 6' 10"......I thought he was about 6' 8".....but he is at the age where growth can be pretty rapid. In the pictures posted above from LAST FALL I would guess 6' 8"...but he obviously could have grown an inch or 2 between his sophomore/junior and upcoming season.....? Very interesting.

Reactions: Hawkeyesgonewild
I am questioning Power's listed height now at 6' 10"......I thought he was about 6' 8".....but he is at the age where growth can be pretty rapid. In the pictures posted above from LAST FALL I would guess 6' 8"...but he obviously could have grown an inch or 2 between his sophomore/junior and upcoming season.....? Very interesting.
Power is also an elder Senior he'll be turning 19 soon I believe and be 20 before playing a game in college.

Reactions: perryhawk

From what I can see, most media outlets list him at 6'8.

It's interesting Rivals has him at 6'10 because they are typically slow at updating stuff.

One example of him being listed at 6'8 (and look at his range):

From what I can see, most media outlets list him at 6'8.

It's interesting Rivals has him at 6'10 because they are typically slow at updating stuff.

One example of him being listed at 6'8 (and look at his range):

That kid is a fearless shooter...tremendous confidence. He would fit Fran's system to a T. Much like the Murray's and the Sandforts....JBO, etc.

Somebody has to ask.... who's gonna handle the ball with all those 6'9"+ guys? Need some quick guards. Will there be enough minutes for all those bigs?
Power isn't a true big and Estrella is more of a Chet Holmgren big/wing hybrid player. You could very realistically play Power at the 3, Estrella at the 4, Mulvey/Freeman at the 5 with 2 guards such as Bowen and Perkins. It would make for some interesting rotations.

Power is also an elder Senior he'll be turning 19 soon I believe and be 20 before playing a game in college.
Same thing with both McCaffery boys. Both turned 19 as HS Srs. Connor I think turns 25 this year and Patrick is the same age as your avg 5th year senior.

Here's a recent interview with TJ starting where he talks about Iowa. Rewind if you would like to hear about the other schools. I'd say Iowa is in a very good position.

There's that Boston/BABC connection brought up again. Josh Ogundele & Dasonte are good friends of TJ.

Also, Fran beat out UNC for Adam Woodbury.

Has Iowa ever beaten out Duke for a prospect?

Might have to play the Cuse zone with all of that length. Curious how some of those guys will be off the bounce. Frans O is a great things for the guys who can shot and get to the rim and finish. All that said Fran has been very good at adding talent to the roster in spots 1-13 and the walkons.

Reactions: perryhawk
I would assume someone plants the following thought in these young mens mind. Go to a blue blood and get recruited over and get buried on the bench, While, come to Iowa and be the star.

I would assume someone plants the following thought in these young mens mind. Go to a blue blood and get recruited over and get buried on the bench, While, come to Iowa and be the star.
And they would be a star.
Fran looks to build a team and if you perform you will play. If he has 9 top performers 9 will play. Your star status doesn't get you special treatment. Results will get you on the court.

Almost 2 years pass....

NIL money will decide!!!

Watching his tape, if he really is a legit 6'10" then I think he probably is a Top 10 player. His stroke looks like a 26 year old NBA All Star type shot and in college you'd need to use someone like Keegan Murray with length to defend him since he just shoots it in the face of almost anyone on tape. His one legged baseline shot is an NBA level shot. Dude is REALLY good - a shot maker who should get better inside as his body fills out.

Watching his tape, if he really is a legit 6'10" then I think he probably is a Top 10 player. His stroke looks like a 26 year old NBA All Star type shot and in college you'd need to use someone like Keegan Murray with length to defend him since he just shoots it in the face of almost anyone on tape. His one legged baseline shot is an NBA level shot. Dude is REALLY good - a shot maker who should get better inside as his body fills out.

Yeah, he's a first rounder. Dude is good. He would be a star here.

After watching that interview with him I’d say he’s a pretty low key and humble kid that would get along with all the guys at Iowa really well.

I don't know, but if Power and Estrella sign up to play at Iowa close to half of the team will be 6-8 or taller. Mulvey, Ogundele, McCaffery, Freeman, Estrella, Power, Payton Sandford. Is there going to be enough playing time for everyone to be happy? Highly unlikely....
What I've seen from Josh Ogundele in the last 2 years, he would be the first to go after this coming year.

Reactions: Hawkeyesgonewild
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT