ADVERTISEMENT

So, who will land TJ Power? He Visited IOWA a 2nd Time (Unofficially) in June

FaagiT1WAAApdGp
One of the best ever. Laughing my ass off.

Same thing with both McCaffery boys. Both turned 19 as HS Srs. Connor I think turns 25 this year and Patrick is the same age as your avg 5th year senior.

Patrick is the same age as my son, who is starting his Sr year in college. He has a few friends that are either already 22 or going to be shortly.

It's not uncommon any longer for kids to be older than they were a generation or two, mainly because people started figuring out giving them an extra year before starting school is a good thing

Patrick is the same age as my son, who is starting his Sr year in college. He has a few friends that are either already 22 or going to be shortly.

It's not uncommon any longer for kids to be older than they were a generation or two, mainly because people started figuring out giving them an extra year before starting school is a good thing

speaking of turning 22....

FahoPqFXgAA6E7x

FahoPqFWYAAeMs-

FahoPqEWYAICf3L

FaiLYnCXwAAyGbs

Last edited:
I don't know, but if Power and Estrella sign up to play at Iowa close to half of the team will be 6-8 or taller. Mulvey, Ogundele, McCaffery, Freeman, Estrella, Power, Payton Sandford. Is there going to be enough playing time for everyone to be happy? Highly unlikely....
What I've seen from Josh Ogundele in the last 2 years, he would be the first to go after this coming year.
Theres never enough for everyone to be happy. Im surprised Ogundele is still here.

That height would be spread between 3 positions and 3 or 4 year classes so not anything different than you would encounter at a blue blood.

I am curious how Power and Estrella veiw eachother. As competition or asset?

Again they would each have more competition at most blue bloods though.

I don't know, but if Power and Estrella sign up to play at Iowa close to half of the team will be 6-8 or taller. Mulvey, Ogundele, McCaffery, Freeman, Estrella, Power, Payton Sandford. Is there going to be enough playing time for everyone to be happy? Highly unlikely....
What I've seen from Josh Ogundele in the last 2 years, he would be the first to go after this coming year.
You can never have too much talent! If they're all great teammates, they will always pull for each other no matter who is on the floor at any given time.

Ya know, looking at that series of pictures just makes me proud as an Iowan and an Iowa fan....my god, those two nice, clean cut, smart, level headed, exceptionally talented young men......we, as Iowa fans, could not ask for better representatives of our program and our state!

What great parents they must have!

Theres never enough for everyone to be happy. Im surprised Ogundele is still here.

That height would be spread between 3 positions and 3 or 4 year classes so not anything different than you would encounter at a blue blood.

I am curious how Power and Estrella veiw eachother. As competition or asset?

Again they would each have more competition at most blue bloods though.

Power and Estrella would complement each other very well, IMO. Power looks like a Keegan clone right now.

Reactions: perryhawk
Power and Estrella would complement each other very well, IMO. Power looks like a Keegan clone right now.
I agree but the only thing that matters is how they see it.

I love the idea of all these tall guys that can shoot to compliment finally having some pgs that can penetrate and see the floor.

If all the pieces come together it could be amazing.

Good God, that's a lot of length haha. Not surprised if Koch ends up at 6'9".
Certainly a talented line-up, but will need to see more tape or them live to think a strong set of guards wouldn’t carve them up. Great front line though.

I love the connections Fran has made on the East coast.

And remember the Iowa/Boston connection: Caleb Middleton (2024 PF), TJ Power (2023), Dasonte Bowen (2022), Josh Ogundele (2020) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of the BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club).

TJ was among many who visited last year for the Penn State football game. As you scroll down, you will see the tweet from the BABC.

The Boston guys, From Left to Right:
Caleb Middleton (6'10, Class of 2024 PF)
Courtney Eldridge, Iowa Director of Recruiting
Dasonte Bowen
TJ Power
Josh Ogundele

FBVtaxlXMAMFiwT

Some more pics from the Penn State game:

Caleb Middleton (2024 PF)

137a2561.jpg

Cooper Koch (2024 PF)

137a2533.jpg

TJ Power (2023 PF)

137a2552.jpg

Josh Dix (2022 Commit)

137a2539.jpg

Dasonte Bowen (2022 Commit)

137a2530.jpg
PSU game the gift that keeps on giving

Reactions: Franisdaman
Really you can't imagine the attraction to Tennessee?
Actually no, so if you could help me on that I would appreciate it. No sarcasm, just honestly curious what Tennessee could offer that Iowa doesn’t, aside from NIL maybe.

Actually no, so if you could help me on that I would appreciate it. No sarcasm, just honestly curious what Tennessee could offer that Iowa doesn’t, aside from NIL maybe.
I can't speak for how their offensive/defensive system fits him, but the last four tournaments Tennessee was a #3, #2, #5, and #3 seeds--including 1 sweet 16 during that stretch. They've also had 6 NBA picks during that stretch, though no post players in that. Let's not act like Tennessee has sucked under Barnes.

He’s missed. He just changes his picks to appear he’s never wrong.
How many of those predictions are more than 3 days prior? Not many if any.
That's the thing why so many have high %. Lot will do it even a hour before it's announced if they get word from one of their sources or see other credible people flip last minute. Remember last summer when Iowa's football was missing out on guys and white RB out of Illinois day of couple of people including our mods had him to Iowa. then within less of a hour before he announced couple flipped to ILL and still counted as a correct prediction even though 1 or 2 had him going to Iowa for months.

I can't speak for how their offensive/defensive system fits him, but the last four tournaments Tennessee was a #3, #2, #5, and #3 seeds--including 1 sweet 16 during that stretch. They've also had 6 NBA picks during that stretch, though no post players in that. Let's not act like Tennessee has sucked under Barnes.
Let's also not act like they can't bring truck fulls of NIL money.

Let's also not act like they can't bring truck fulls of NIL money.
Didn't say they couldn't--lot's of schools can, but they also offered JP a scholarship a month before Iowa did and he visited Tennessee twice before he ever visited here. I just find it funny that folks are acting like Tennessee came out of nowhere here. They've been recruiting him just as long as anyone.

they offered JP a scholarship a month before Iowa did and he visited Tennessee twice before he ever visited here. I just find it funny that folks are acting like Tennessee came out of nowhere here. They've been recruiting him just as long as anyone.

I agree that Tennessee did not come out of no where. However, Tennessee & Marquette, the other school JP Estrella officially visited, seemed to have fallen off the radar until the recent predictions from a recruiting service (where they predicted Tennessee as his choice). So, I think people are more surprised, than anything.

Why Syracuse & Iowa had appeared to be the 2 front runners for Estrella:

* Syracuse was JP's first Division I offer. JP visited Syracuse unofficially & officially.

* JP's mom (and JP, of course) loved how Fran/Iowa developed Luka Garza. They loved Iowa's style of play, too.

* JP's official visits to both Syracuse & Iowa went very well.

* The recent buzz was all focused on Iowa & Syracuse. Now, suddenly, the buzz is all about Tennessee.

The timeline of the offers:
Aug 28 2021: Syracuse offered
Nov 4 2021: Tennessee offered
Dec 16, 2021: Iowa offered

I agree that Tennessee did not come out of no where. However, Tennessee & Marquette, the other school JP Estrella officially visited, seemed to have fallen off the radar until the recent predictions from a recruiting service (where they predicted Tennessee as his choice). So, I think people are more surprised, than anything.

Why Syracuse & Iowa had appeared to be the 2 front runners for Estrella:

* Syracuse was JP's first Division I offer. JP visited Syracuse unofficially & officially.

* JP's mom (and JP, of course) loved how Fran/Iowa developed Luka Garza. They loved Iowa's style of play, too.

* JP's official visits to both Syracuse & Iowa went very well.

* The recent buzz was all focused on Iowa & Syracuse. Now, suddenly, the buzz is all about Tennessee.

The timeline of the offers:
Aug 28 2021: Syracuse offered
Nov 4 2021: Tennessee offered
Dec 16, 2021: Iowa offered
I asked this before, but what buzz? Has there been a link talking about JP liking TN or is it just the one CB guess?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT