ADVERTISEMENT

Sokol not coming?

Maybe he wants to see how fans will react at wno. To see how we react when things don't go out way with him. If we will continue to support his wrestling. Who knows why, but I do know we don't want a wrestler who doesn't want to be here. That doesn't mean we can support him. We should support all the wrestlers at wno, and most of all support good wrestling, no matter who it is from. Watch the Juventus fans react after Ronaldo scored an amazing goal against them, now he plays for them.
Bold #1: This is some DJT 4D level chess type shit right here
Bold #2: Da Fuq
Yeah, it's an "out there" possibility. I'm a soccer guy too. It played a role in him going there, thats all.

Be polite all you want, but this is the same as your girlfriend saying she wants to see other people. Do you really want her if she sleeps with a couple and then comes back to you?

If you can putt on the full court press and keep her from doing it then I get it. You proved your love and convinced her to stay. But her deciding she didn’t like the others better, but still needed to try it out, doesn’t exactly exude long term loyalty....
Those arent even remotely the same ****ing thing. Wow

Let's hope we didn't lose a top-10 P4P recruit because we didn't offer him enough money. If so, we just pooped our pants, as Tom likes to say. Bid low on guys ranked #40, not guys ranked #10. Calculate the ROI on guys like Spencer Lee then tell me you want to lowball him to save some money for guys like Cash Wilcke.

You'll know this is a joke . . . but do the Wilcke's have a restraining order against you, yet? :eek:;)

Reactions: MilleGinja
. . . The word that best describes Tan Tom as a coach imo is: Smarmy. I picture him as a used car salesman who sits in the office a lot and talks about how great his car are, when in fact he doesn't know anything about them . . .

A fair analogy, though I've always pictured him as a televangelist.

Not necessarily of the Fletch type, but just for laughs:
FlamboyantClearcutHapuka-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
A more accurate analogy would be a girl has plenty of offers and interest from guys who want to date her. She tells the first guy that she will be his forever, but then she says, "maybe I should not be so impetuous". She goes on a few dates and then decides whose likes better and who she is wiling to commit to a relationship with. Sokol, as an immature and foolish person, liked Iowa and told them that Iowa was the one for him, but now he has matured and wants to make sure. It sounds like he is making a smart choice to look around. It is quite possible that he ends up at Iowa. It seems like the guys who are gung ho Iowa see to end up back there (or if it is meant to be the couple always gets back together - in the case of the analogy). If he does, it will be because he has looked around and has made an educated decision that Iowa is indeed the best place for him.
That is much better than choosing a school (or guy in the case of the analogy) and wondering if you made the right choice.
Iowa
fat-ugly-man-mustache.jpg
tOSU
ugly.jpg
OSU
The-30-Hottest-Women-On-Instagram-020.jpg
Who would you pick?

Reactions: lookleft goright
A more accurate analogy would be a girl has plenty of offers and interest from guys who want to date her. She tells the first guy that she will be his forever, but then she says, "maybe I should not be so impetuous". She goes on a few dates and then decides whose likes better and who she is wiling to commit to a relationship with. Sokol, as an immature and foolish person, liked Iowa and told them that Iowa was the one for him, but now he has matured and wants to make sure. It sounds like he is making a smart choice to look around. It is quite possible that he ends up at Iowa. It seems like the guys who are gung ho Iowa see to end up back there (or if it is meant to be the couple always gets back together - in the case of the analogy). If he does, it will be because he has looked around and has made an educated decision that Iowa is indeed the best place for him.
That is much better than choosing a school (or guy in the case of the analogy) and wondering if you made the right choice.
Iowa
fat-ugly-man-mustache.jpg
tOSU
ugly.jpg
OSU
The-30-Hottest-Women-On-Instagram-020.jpg
Who would you pick?

Haha first guy looks pretty beefy .. gets my vote

Reactions: el dub
So because Ohio St doesn't have a wrestling message board they are automatically a better fan base than the largest fan base that has the largest wrestling forum?

Just because they don't have a forum does not mean bad buckeyes don't exist.

I'd like to think any parent of a recruit isn't that naive.

This happens anywhere in fandom. For the love of god look at how a few Colts just sentenced Andrew Luck to death.
http://ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Reactions: GantryZ
You'll know this is a joke . . . but do the Wilcke's have a restraining order against you, yet? :eek:;)
Poor Cash is probably a great guy in real life too. If things go his way this year he'll be a 4-time letter winner, 4-time NCAA qualifier, and 1-time AA. Those are solid accomplishments, especially compared to his talent level coming out of high school. Alas, he has the mixed fortune of having been the best guy at his weight for the past four years on a team that badly needs more talented guys than him in order to achieve its goals.

I recognize he's doing the best he can with the talents God gave him, and I do have some tinges of guilt in making him the trope of Hawkeye under-performance. But the fact that he doesn't let the fur fly until the last 30 seconds of every match has aged me 6 years over the past 3 seasons, and I have no choice but to blame him for that.

All will be forgiven if the Hawks win a title this year.

he has the mixed fortune of having been the best guy at his weight on a team that badly needs more talented guys than him in order to achieve its goals.

Oh nice....the old Mike Kelly award!

I wish we could combine Mike's determination with Cash's talent. But i'm with you that even though Cash is a much more talented wrestler IMO than Mike ever could have been ceiling wise. I too have read his book too many times to expect a different chapter at the end.

Last edited:

I wish we could combine Mike's determination with Cash's talent. But i'm with you that even though Cash is a much more talented wrestler IMO than Mike ever could have been ceiling wise. I too have read his book too many times to expect a different chapter at the end.

Some of the most impressive Hawkeye wrestlers in the history of the program are guys who never AAd. Guys who heavily outperformed their natural talents through an insane work ethic and drive. It's not their fault or concern that there isn't/wasn't a better Hawkeye at their weight class who was able to beat them out and AA.

Poor Cash is probably a great guy in real life too. If things go his way this year he'll be a 4-time letter winner, 4-time NCAA qualifier, and 1-time AA. Those are solid accomplishments, especially compared to his talent level coming out of high school. Alas, he has the mixed fortune of having been the best guy at his weight for the past four years on a team that badly needs more talented guys than him in order to achieve its goals.

I recognize he's doing the best he can with the talents God gave him, and I do have some tinges of guilt in making him the trope of Hawkeye under-performance. But the fact that he doesn't let the fur fly until the last 30 seconds of every match has aged me 6 years over the past 3 seasons, and I have no choice but to blame him for that.

Being the eternal optimist, willing to lay down a wager that Cash AA’s on his way out the door...$100 to HWC?

So how old does that make you?

Being the eternal optimist, willing to lay down a wager that Cash AA’s on his way out the door...$100 to HWC?
I'd LOVE to see Cash AA. There's absolutely no physical or technical reason why he can't. And I'd NEVER bet against a Hawk. I hope you are right, Chief.
However, 184 is my favorite weight class, and I'm not gonna let this guy break my 184 lb heart again. As Tarp said, he wins and all heartbreak is history.

Reactions: el dub
I'd LOVE to see Cash AA. There's absolutely no physical or technical reason why he can't. And I'd NEVER bet against a Hawk. I hope you are right, Chief.
However, 184 is my favorite weight class, and I'm not gonna let this guy break my 184 lb heart again. As Tarp said, he wins and all heartbreak is history.

If he doesn’t AA I’ll give 100, he will. Book it

will never bet against our guys, but will donate $100 for AA out of hvy, 184 and 141 each.

I expect AA's out of Cass and ADS @141. I see 9 AA"s this season. I dont see Cash getting it and after that I worry about Lugo the most since he is susceptible to the head scratchers.

I honestly feel pretty good abut Teasdale, ADS up a weight and Cass.

I expect AA's out of Cass and ADS @141. I see 9 AA"s this season. I dont see Cash getting it and after that I worry about Lugo the most since he is susceptible to the head scratchers.

I honestly feel pretty good abut Teasdale, ADS up a weight and Cass.

I still have a tough time believing we didn’t attempt to upgrade that weight sometime in the last four years.

I still have a tough time believing we didn’t attempt to upgrade that weight sometime in the last four years.

I'm not sure what more the staff could have done at 149 other than land Sasso which sounds like he was recruited hard. Also went hard after Berge and I would guess maybe they placed a call to O'Conner. But Berge and O'Conner are both moving 157 so I'm not sure that wouldn't have just been a one year band aid.

Really 149 isnt that deep and Im not sure it was a very deep recruiting talent pool of high end kids like many other weights.

Unless someone can name a new fresh face to 149 this year who could AA and Iowa didnt even look at?

I hope Murin can grow into this and thrive but otherwise I think this staff may want to look at another transfer in at 149.

Well, there was the PD3 Experiment, which forced Wilcke up a weight (for no reason, as it turned out).

I'm not sure what more the staff could have done at 149 other than land Sasso which sounds like he was recruited hard. Also went hard after Berge and I would guess maybe they placed a call to O'Conner. But Berge and O'Conner are both moving 157 so I'm not sure that wouldn't have just been a one year band aid.

Really 149 isnt that deep and Im not sure it was a very deep recruiting talent pool of high end kids like many other weights.

Unless someone can name a new fresh face to 149 this year who could AA and Iowa didnt even look at?

I hope Murin can grow into this and thrive but otherwise I think this staff may want to look at another transfer in at 149.
Not trying to rehash, but we were far from going after Berge "hard". I think M* has learned a lot since then though. Hopefully that will help in recruiting Sokol.

Reactions: Gobblin

I’m talking about 184.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times

That would be a pretty damn good wrestler. It always hurt to see Kelly lose. It rarely felt like he didnt give every thing he had. He just didnt have quite enough a lot of the time.

O’Conner is wrestling 49 this year and he wanted to be a hawk but unfortunately didn’t get recruited much at all

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT