ADVERTISEMENT

Someone help me out here.....a MLB stat....

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
A few years ago I heard somewhere (some baseball discussion program) a most intriguing MLB stat.....I just don't remember the exact numbers.....
In MLB games, historically a very high percentage of final scores (over 50%, approaching 60%)....the winning team will score more runs in 1 inning than the losing team will score in the entire game.....Now that to me was really interesting. (I saw today where the Red Sox beat the Brewers 12-5 and they scored 9 runs in one inning....verifying this stat.)
Does anyone know where this factoid can be checked? God, I love baseball...they have stats about everything! The game of baseball is similar to my mind.....Full of worthless information (my mother used to say that to me)!

@hawkifann
He’s a stat weirdo.

As I say leading into every episode, I’m a lifelong Cubs fan, full-time baseball stat nerd and sometime youth baseball coach.

This is a great one. Quick Google searches didn’t show me anything quick, but I may need to dig into this. It’s obviously true for every shutout and probably for a high percentage of games where a team gives up 1 run.

Anecdotally, it was true in 7 of the 15 games played today. I may need to dig into this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT