ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like our neighbors to the west are a little thin skinned

I for one am okay with this rivalry to get set on fire by both sides

Ya know the Purdue rivalry that Delaney tried to create was fake news. (btw he has been the big dog since 1989, he must be doing one hell of a job to have that kind of longevity)

And when the Heroes games was announced and set for the Thanksgiving viewing audience - I saw some fans claim it was a forced rivalry.

Well if this thread and the 10,000 others like it prove anything, they prove this rivalry is real and has been turned up to 11 on the furnace since it was conceived. And I for one think this makes college football and hawkeye football a hell of a lot of fun. I look forward to this game more than I look forward to playing Iowa State, that's for sure.

MEH! Is Iowa really that good?

Where again is the football trophy case? I want a tour of the room with someone who can tell me the history of each.

I've blocked off 2, make it 3 minutes of my time next Saturday. Let me know the time and place.
Is history the only major at Nebber??

Just think, Neb fball is considered ancient history to all people 18 & under!

Ya know the Purdue rivalry that Delaney tried to create was fake news. (btw he has been the big dog since 1989, he must be doing one hell of a job to have that kind of longevity)

And when the Heroes games was announced and set for the Thanksgiving viewing audience - I saw some fans claim it was a forced rivalry.

Well if this thread and the 10,000 others like it prove anything, they prove this rivalry is real and has been turned up to 11 on the furnace since it was conceived. And I for one think this makes college football and hawkeye football a hell of a lot of fun. I look forward to this game more than I look forward to playing Iowa State, that's for sure.
I’m bored with the Nebber & ISU games. It’s not a rivalry when we blow those two teams out year after year.

Now Iowa-Oh St, that’s becoming a rivalry!

Reactions: Blackleaf40
Is history the only major at Nebber??

Just think, Neb fball is considered ancient history to all people 18 & under!

I'm twenty-eight and turning twenty-nine on May 22nd, however, it's a little fuzzy for even me to look back and recall the Nebraska glory days of the 90s. So your absolutely correct that Nebraska's past glory days are far removed from the present. Some of their fans remind me of myself or other fisherman I meet fishing discussing the "giant fish " we caught many years ago. Pretty comical.

Last edited:
We are going to bronze it. Then he will put his other foot in your azz.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

scott-frostjpg-5b31542e947627af.jpg

You guys should probably start making T-shirts now to celebrate your upcoming B1G championship.
The only question is where will those shirts be headed this year? Bangladesh? Haiti? Somalia?

It’s no coincidence that in a recent poll of the UN Group of 77 nations, Nebraska was overwhelmingly picked from a short list as the most dominant program in CFB today. They’re going on their 8th consecutive B1G championship, after all...

Reactions: Pepperman
MEH! Is Iowa really that good?

Where again is the football trophy case? I want a tour of the room with someone who can tell me the history of each.

I've blocked off 2, make it 3 minutes of my time next Saturday. Let me know the time and place.

Isn't history wonderful? In the "what have you done for me lately" world we live in, it isn't worth much.

We have SCOREBOARD and a trophy you DON'T have - the HEROES trophy.

We have won 4 out of the last 5 against the bugeaters, including 3 blowouts.

Yes, Iowa is really that good when compared to nebby. Enjoy dusting off those old paper weights.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Isn't history wonderful? In the "what have you done for me lately" world we live in, it isn't worth much.

We have SCOREBOARD and a trophy you DON'T have - the HEROES trophy.

We have won 4 out of the last 5 against the bugeaters, including 3 blowouts.

Yes, Iowa is really that good when compared to nebby. Enjoy dusting off those old paper weights.

Congrats. Enjoy what's to be a short lived success rate against the Huskers. In case you haven't heard, Mike Reily is no longer around.

Fuskers just lost thier recruitting cord and are banking the season on a 6-3 190 pound QB who has already had a shoulder injury. There is a chance it all comes together and they get to 6 wins but there is a much larger chance something gives and they are fighting for Bowl eligibility against us on Black Friday. What I thought was going to be a 2-3 year turn around probably just went to a 3-4 year with that coach leaving.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Fuskers just lost thier recruitting cord and are banking the season on a 6-3 190 pound QB who has already had a shoulder injury. There is a chance it all comes together and they get to 6 wins but there is a much larger chance something gives and they are fighting for Bowl eligibility against us on Black Friday. What I thought was going to be a 2-3 year turn around probably just went to a 3-4 year with that coach leaving.
When you’re talking about a Neb turnaround think in decades, not years.

What? Nebraska lost "thier recruitting cord"? And their Freshman QB had an injury last year? OMG Just curious which coach is leaving.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...n-alabama-recruiting-director-scott-frost/amp

Rotatory cuff for Martinez, I have never had the injury but it sounds like the likelyhood to reinjure is High.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...n-alabama-recruiting-director-scott-frost/amp

Sorry for the land of 10 article blair.
Martinez had a torn labrum and threw fine in the spring. Bob Welton was not a coach and had only been on the job for three months. The coaches are doing fine in recruiting.

Martinez had a torn labrum and threw fine in the spring. Bob Welton was not a coach and had only been on the job for three months. The coaches are doing fine in recruiting.

If you knew the answer why did you ask? I'm sure he did throw the ball with no contact after healing for many months, now wait until a b10 DT whoops his ass and tell me how that shoulder feels. Ps, if your trying to troll, do better.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
If you knew the answer why did you ask? I'm sure he did throw the ball with no contact after healing for many months, now wait until a b10 DT whoops his ass and tell me how that shoulder feels. Ps, if your trying to troll, do better.

None of us have any idea if their QB will be good or stay healthy. I do think Frost's offense will be good within 2-3 years. It's a system that has worked in other areas. He needs a QB who can run and throw it well enough to keep the defense off-balance.

But the over the top stories in the Omaha World Herald about the QB and offense border on the funny. My word. I get optimism, but can we at least allow him to play against a P5 opponent before proclaiming greatness?

With a different schedule, I could easily have picked Nebraska to win 7-8 games this year. That roster was not totally void of talent last year, but it was without a doubt the poorest-coached team in the league by a big margin. If Frost has purged the quitters from the program and introduced a physical attitude, there is enough on the roster to be competitive with good teams. But everyone will be quick to proclaim success or failure immediately with Frost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT