ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle Pre-Seeds

No Hawks are pre-seeded top 8, so they'll all have their work cut out for them as expected. Good place to be to get some work in and see where they are.

Air Force not attending apparently.

When will brackets be out? I'm guessing we get some pigtail matches drawn. That starts 45 minutes earlier on the coverage.

Schriever possibly since #13 is highest ranked guy. Ayala not enough horsepower or mat game. Not sure on PK, struggled some vs MN non starter at UNI that version won't be winning it.
I’m not predicting Ayala or PK to win, but if you don’t think they have a shot then you haven’t been paying attention.

Reactions: el dub and Gobblin
Schriever possibly since #13 is highest ranked guy. Ayala not enough horsepower or mat game. Not sure on PK, struggled some vs MN non starter at UNI that version won't be winning it.
I absolutely think Drake can win that bracket. On any given day Drake is very capable of beating anyone outside the top 3-4 at 125lbs. Young mans rapid development is nothing short of incredible. I’ve made this comparison before, but I can’t stress enough how much he reminds me of the true frosh version of Cory Clark.

very excited to see him. especially curious about his mat wrestling. chose neutral a lot in high school.
He may in this tournament as well. He definitely isn’t going there to work out kinks over winning the whole thing. That work will be done in the room.

Reactions: sdvike
Ayayla lost 7-3 to McKee. Most of the match he was aggressor and looked far better on his feet. Referee gifted Mckee 1 of those 7 points. The DA may just win the whole ball of wax down south.

Reactions: Gobblin
He may in this tournament as well. He definitely isn’t going there to work out kinks over winning the whole thing. That work will be done in the room.
I wish this was the case more often. Seems like Iowa almost always takes down even when it doesn’t appear to be the correct strategy. Not sure why Spencer bothers for example. He’s so damn good from neutral and top.

I wish this was the case more often. Seems like Iowa almost always takes down even when it doesn’t appear to be the correct strategy. Not sure why Spencer bothers for example. He’s so damn good from neutral and top.
Agree 100%. No clue why Spencer has ever bothered going down. Just wasted time, IMHO.

Then again I’m a free>folk guy. I wish the rules were each period starts from neutral.

Agree 100%. No clue why Spencer has ever bothered going down. Just wasted time, IMHO.

Then again I’m a free>folk guy. I wish the rules were each period starts from neutral.
Probably because he wants to be well rounded, and work on getting out when he meets a top guy who chooses top against him. They are out there.

But yes, in plenty of his matches it probably doesn't matter.

Reactions: el dub
Interested to see 65! Can O’Toole win it?
Keegan O'Toole very tough, like him. Finished 3rd NCAA tournament, could be his year(?).

Dean Hamiti (University Wisconsin), had great Matmen tournament; dangerous, could be 165 lbs spoiler 2022 NCAA.

I am looking forward to this as much as our starters. At least 3 and maybe more will be starting next year. It will be good to see where there at. Really want to see a McKee vs Ayayla rematch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT