ADVERTISEMENT

Spam

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
So last week in HI I had some spam and eggs. Figured when in Rome...
Anyway, the first bite or two were ok. But by the end of the third piece it was kinda gross.
I remember it being better when I was younger.

Reactions: BC Hawk
I bought some a couple weeks back to try because I think I saw someone talk about fried Spam/Hawaii somewhere. I've never tried it. I keep not trying it.

Spam needs to be fried a couple of seconds from turning black and then thrown on toast
I think it needed to be fried. These slices were just thrown on the flat top for a bit to brown.
The commercials always show it sizzling. Mine was not sizzling.

I dare any of you to drive by the Spam factory in Minnesota, inhale the smell, and eat SPAM. It smells worse than any shit I have taken

Spam needs to be fried a couple of seconds from turning black and then thrown on toast

It's close enough to ham for me, as long as you crisp it up adequately. Adequately means nearly reduced to ashes.
This. Well done on lightly buttered toast is a delight. Throw a small slice of swiss on it.

I love fried ham and especially bacon in the same fashion. Substitute in a toasted english muffin..... mmmmmmm. No eggs for me.

I dare any of you to drive by the Spam factory in Minnesota, inhale the smell, and eat SPAM. It smells worse than any shit I have taken
Dubuque County has a Hormel packaging facility. With a Southwest wind, Asbury smells like an Easter ham. Except for once in a while when it smells like bacon.

But, Dubuque had the FDL hog kill for years, until the 80s, so I remember that smell you speak of.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT