ADVERTISEMENT

Unusual TicketMaster Experience

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
1. They suck, but we all know that.
2. I made it to the point where you select seats very soon after sales opened. When I went to confirm the site just churned. I waited and waited. Ended up getting out and starting over again. This is where it gets interesting. When I first got in, all floor sections said Tickets $399+... Nope, wasn't going to do that for this show (Jeff Lynne's ELO). So I picked seats on the lower level (not floor) side and it said Tickets $269+. Okay, still ridiculous but I'll bite. These prices were before fees, BTW. Got the the point to confirm and same thing... site just churned. So, got out and back in again... PRICES NOW ARE $240 FOR FLOOR... pretty much all sections. $159 per ticket cheaper. So, grabbed 2 aisle seats and was able to checkout. The side section I originally chose was also down to $240 / Ticket.
3. Ticket master sucks... $240 ticket becomes $330 ticket after fees.

/CSB

That sounds like the usual Ticketmaster experience. Well, the more usual experience would have been buying the more expensive tickets then seeing the price drop.

1. They suck, but we all know that.
2. I made it to the point where you select seats very soon after sales opened. When I went to confirm the site just churned. I waited and waited. Ended up getting out and starting over again. This is where it gets interesting. When I first got in, all floor sections said Tickets $399+... Nope, wasn't going to do that for this show (Jeff Lynne's ELO). So I picked seats on the lower level (not floor) side and it said Tickets $269+. Okay, still ridiculous but I'll bite. These prices were before fees, BTW. Got the the point to confirm and same thing... site just churned. So, got out and back in again... PRICES NOW ARE $240 FOR FLOOR... pretty much all sections. $159 per ticket cheaper. So, grabbed 2 aisle seats and was able to checkout. The side section I originally chose was also down to $240 / Ticket.
3. Ticket master sucks... $240 ticket becomes $330 ticket after fees.

/CSB

I've experienced similar. I've found there's a major difference in which browser you use. I've been a Chrome user for a long time, but I've found the Ticketmaster site runs way, way better on Edge. Noticeably better.

PSA - everyone should be careful because the Ticketmaster site is often spoofed by scalpers during the pre-sale period. It happened with the Matt Rife tour last year. Scalper finds a way to get an artist pre-sale code, spoofs the Ticketmaster site, buys up blocks of tickets, then sells them at inflated rates.

• Wow
Reactions: NoleATL
PSA - everyone should be careful because the Ticketmaster site is often spoofed by scalpers during the pre-sale period. It happened with the Matt Rife tour last year. Scalper finds a way to get an artist pre-sale code, spoofs the Ticketmaster site, buys up blocks of tickets, then sells them at inflated rates.
Ridiculous... we need VERY harsh penalties for scammers. Along the lines of murder. I got the presale code from the newsletter I had been receiving and went to the ticketmaster site separately... I did get a text with a link but didn't go that route.

Reactions: Finance85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT