ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer’s 57 Kg. Bracket

I'm glad Spencer is starting off with someone he has faced before. Also, glad it's someone he didn't takedown and gut or lace to a quick tech. He knows and has felt where Zou likes to score from and the explosiveness he has.
Spencer Lee is the best 57 kg in the World and is going to bring back a Gold Medal to Wrestle Town USA.

I'm glad Spencer is starting off with someone he has faced before. Also, glad it's someone he didn't takedown and gut or lace to a quick tech. He knows and has felt where Zou likes to score from and the explosiveness he has.
Spencer Lee is the best 57 kg in the World and is going to bring back a Gold Medal to Wrestle Town USA.
IMHO I’m hoping the game plan is to come out guns blazing. Zou controlled the hand fighting early and kept Spencer from mounting any offense. Dude’s got mad upper body strength, but isn’t great in a scramble. Get to his legs early, then roll, roll, roll. If this thing is close late, I’ll be concerned.

Hopefully Spencer can get the lead and tech fall before Zou even gets in on a shot. Last time looks close on paper because Spencer gave up the four on the edge that could've easily just been a one point push out, and then Zou got kind of lucky being close to the edge before Spencer could roll him six straight times in a row to finish it right then and there. Wouldn't have even needed to hold on for the win. But still have to prove it all over again. Don't know if being the first match of the day this time helps or hurts either guy compared to last time.

Spencer had a 20 day turnaround from Olympic Trials and traveled 1/2 way around the world, with three days to prepare. Not ideal. On top of it he had to wait forever to wrestle Zou.
Spencer’s mind set will be locked in tight and he’s highly motivated based on everything he’s been through. He’s had time to train with heavier partners who have a slower pace and quick high motor guys. He’s been waiting a lifetime and will dominate.
BTW where the hell is Grip? Last seen on Aug. 2nd. I think we should get the milk cartons circulating.

Last edited:
Spencer had a 20 day turnaround from Olympic Trials and traveled 1/2 way around the world, with three days to prepare. Not ideal. On top of it he had to wait forever to wrestle Zou.
Spencer’s mind set will be locked in tight and he’s highly motivated based on everything he’s been through. He’s had time to train with heavier partners who have a slower pace and quick high motor guys. He’s been waiting a lifetime and will dominate.
BTW where the hell is Grip?
Been wondering where he’s been as well, hope all is well

I’ve been using the Peacock app. Maybe others could speak more to if NBC plans to show wrestling on TV.

Yes, it’ll be around 4:49am central time.

I think 4:49 would just be an estimated time based on him being 8th & the session starting at 4am. I’d imagine that guess is pretty accurate based on what I’ve seen so far, but there’s not a precise, scheduled time for his match I don’t think. So maybe tune in early just to be safe

The session starts at 4:30 and I believe he’s 7th.

That's no cakewalk for Spencer in Rd 1. RBY has a tough road but I want to see him and Spencer scrap! Let's go Spencer!

Hugs GIF

Where did you get that info?

Olympic Schedule

And in about 3 other threads on here. Is it possible the wrestling begins at 4 and he’s going to take the mat around 4:30? It would be nice to know this. 😀

Edit: figured it out. I think. Repechage matches and thus the session starts at 4. QFs start at 4:30.

Reactions: foxb
Lee wins 3-2. He got called for two cheap stalling points in the last 15 seconds. He was up 3-0. He controlled the match.

Reactions: BGfootball95
RBY lost I take it?

Spencer’s next opponent is a former NAIA champ. He shouldn’t have much trouble, should he?

Reactions: DeangeloVickers

And in about 3 other threads on here. Is it possible the wrestling begins at 4 and he’s going to take the mat around 4:30? It would be nice to know this. 😀

Edit: figured it out. I think. Repechage matches and thus the session starts at 4. QFs start at 4:30.
NO! He next wrestles at 12:22 EDT. This is per the Olympic brackets.

Was able to ignore any media/results and just watched the replays.

LFG.

When is he wrestling next? CST

Gilman teched this guy in Tokyo so I'm hopeful Lee doesn't have much trouble, but I'm also expecting a dogfight considering this is the Olympic semifinals
Do you think there is any dialogue/scouting report between Gilman & Lee about some of these guys that Gilman has faced and Lee hasn't?

Reactions: 12tdsaw
Time for SUPERMAN to drop an A_bomb on his ass!!! Then maybe he will understand what "revenge" means to the USA!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT