ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer’s 57 Kg. Bracket

Time for SUPERMAN to drop an A_bomb on his ass!!! Then maybe he will understand what "revenge" means to the USA!!!!
What The Fuck Wtf GIF

• Haha
Reactions: tiltman and vhsalum
It's interesting if you look at Higuchi's twitter profile right now he's got a Paris 2024 SILVER medal up there. While it's true he's locked up no worse than 2nd, I think it's kind of wild that he's put that in there. He obviously has a great chance to win but what kind of champion would be staking claim to the silver at a time like this? Maybe it's a cultural thing.

And speaking of culture, I think it's kind of interesting how enamored Spencer is with Japanese culture. And not just Pokemon stuff too. If you look through his tweets he has quite a bit of Japanese related stuff on there.

Didn’t know this: This is the first time Spence is wrestling in front of his grandmother. How perfect it is that 2024 is in Paris then:

That’s been mentioned in several articles, but you have to be a nerd-level consumer of this stuff to have come across it.

There is a cool video floating around with a reporter in Paris interviewing Spemcer and his whole family. This video was after qualifying, and speaks to how nobody knew about this:

Very cool. Maybe they show that in prime time tonight before his gold medal match? 🤞
I pretty much stopped watching the Olympics due to that practice. If I had my way, the Olympics would go back to covering sporting events and not eat up time with up close and personal back stories, no matter how much I care about the athletes in question. They should just have a back story channel for folks to watch if so inclined.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeye in DFW
I pretty much stopped watching the Olympics due to that practice. If I had my way, the Olympics would go back to covering sporting events and not eat up time with up close and personal back stories, no matter how much I care about the athletes in question. They should just have a back story channel for folks to watch if so inclined.
I completely agree in most cases, but this is Spencer Lee. He, and wrestling, deserve it.

Yes. When Roone Arledge introduced his "up close and personal" approach to Olympic programming in the early 1970s, it was something new and definitely intriguing. Nobody really knew anything about the athletes then, and the chance to look into their lives was fascinating.

In today's celebrity culture, when anyone and everyone has a TikTok, X, or Instagram account, most of the profiles are redundant and wearisome.

I’ve been watching the Gold Zone on Peacock during the day and it seems to focus on the competitions primarily. Good way to see different sports but they do focus a lot on the more popular events.

Reactions: el dub

I don’t like the broadcasts because I want to see more sports therefore I will electively not watch sports.

Think About It GIF by Identity

With all the additional coverage available via other NBC-owned networks and the online coverage, including Gold Zone, the human interest stuff is a problem of yesteryear.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I don’t like the broadcasts because I want to see more sports therefore I will electively not watch sports.

Think About It GIF by Identity
That’s right. Too much fluff and not enough sports coverage. It’s like they for every event. I gave up.

That’s right. Too much fluff and not enough sports coverage. It’s like they for every event. I gave up.

There isn’t enough sports so I won’t watch any sports. Makes sense.

Regardless, those days have been gone for awhile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT