ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer’s slide

LarryMullenJr.

HR Legend
Dec 7, 2011
Probably been addressed but what kind of football sense do you have when you’re in the two-minute drill trying to rally, you have no time outs, and instead of throwing the ball away, you try and scramble? You have no chance of getting a first down or out of bounds and then, YOU SLIDE?
That decision alone should put you on the bench forever.

Sometimes I think our coaches preach being safe so much it messes with our QB's.
Yep. Look at Padilla last year. Look at his body type and tell me he shouldn't be quicker and more mobile than Petras. Then look at all the opportunities he has had to run in his limited time so far, and how he doesn't run. It almost appears to be a conscious decision not to use his feet to pick up yards. That's coaching.

I think both QB1 and QB2 are upstanding guys, consummate team players, very willing to be coached. In this case, they are being overcoached.

Probably been addressed but what kind of football sense do you have when you’re in the two-minute drill trying to rally, you have no time outs, and instead of throwing the ball away, you try and scramble? You have no chance of getting a first down or out of bounds and then, YOU SLIDE?
That decision alone should put you on the bench forever.
Agreed. How hard is it to just rocket an uncatchable ball over a receiver and defenders reach. He's already been grounding it several times a game, just not intentionally...

Petras slide isn't fear of being hit in that situation, it's just an indication he's not very intelligent... football IQ, if you will.

Gee... think about which is better... gain three yards and use 25 seconds on the clock or throw it away and save 25 seconds??????????????????? Tough choice. OK, not a tough choice.

Really comes down to how competent your field leader is or isn't. The decision he made speaks for itself. He wouldn't be the QB on another P5 school in the entire country. Not one.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT