ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer exposure

<<The coaches need to Pimp Spencer as much as possible. Recruiting, donor meetings, alumni, football games, basketball ball games. Make him the face of Iowa athletics.>>

they are some limitations on what they can do because he is a student athlete.

Or we could let the kid just enjoy his time at Iowa, because all this attention could be a drain on him over the next 3 years.

This. ^^ He is a phenomenal talent and I am right there with all of the others that are really excited to see him in Hawk singlet for 3 more years. But I also hope that people don't overwhelm him with "expectations", etc. While a very impressive young man, he is still a young college student and I think it would be a disservice to him to over do it with exposure, etc.

I could see where it could get a little creepy for Lee if too many people take their man crush too far and wear him out with too much attention.

I wouldn't say Iowa needs to pimp him ... but he IS and WILL be the face of Iowa wrestling the next 3 years. I would absolutely find every opportunity to promote Spencer's accomplishments ... and I would find every opportunity to do interviews/stories/clips with him. He's not only very talented, he's very charismatic as well ... A Spencer Lee doesn't come around too often ... so yeah, I would kindly remind the world he wear's a black and gold singlet ... ;)

<<The coaches need to Pimp Spencer as much as possible. Recruiting, donor meetings, alumni, football games, basketball ball games. Make him the face of Iowa athletics.>>

they are some limitations on what they can do because he is a student athlete.

That and he is only 19 years old. No doubt he is going to be the face of Iowa wrestling for the next 3 years, he is still just a kid.

The coaches need to Pimp Spencer as much as possible. Recruiting, donor meetings, alumni, football games, basketball ball games. Make him the face of Iowa athletics.
No, let him be a student and an athlete. That's enough.
Let's pimp YOU out. Any takers?

Reactions: rossel 33
That and he is only 19 years old. No doubt he is going to be the face of Iowa wrestling for the next 3 years, he is still just a kid.

Agree. Just by his accomplishments and personality he'll be the face of Iowa wrestling. Letting top recruits see or meet him would be nice. But beyond that don't overdo it. Let him enjoy college life.

Reactions: Dagboi
Spencer exposure? How about Pokemon exposure. They didnt have pokemon when I was a kid, but seriously... how many times now have you listened to that theme song since the finals?

Spencer was writing a national blog for USA Today while in high school. I don’t think Iowa can do anything that would cause him problems due to overexposure. If anything it will prepare him for his future Olympic goals. Look how much exposure Burroughs got. Snyder will too in 2020 if he keeps winning.

The coaches need to Pimp Spencer as much as possible. Recruiting, donor meetings, alumni, football games, basketball ball games. Make him the face of Iowa athletics.

I get it but the best thing for Spencer (and us) is for him to get on the team and win a junior world title. Come out and dominate next year. As you can see from the finals interviews and post match stuff, he is already the consummate professional...well spoken, relaxed, and funny when not telling jokes haha. Enough Iowa when he gets his hand raised to please the old school, enough flash for the new school. But let's leave it for that for now and just let him, the team and staff do their thing.

Spencer exposure? How about Pokemon exposure. They didnt have pokemon when I was a kid, but seriously... how many times now have you listened to that theme song since the finals?
Hundred not by Choice my sons 9 years old and love Pokémon I hear it 10 times a day every day for the last 2 or 3 years

Reactions: Dagboi
Clearly spencer gets his face on posters and next year season tix. Who else you got? Bull, Kem, Stoll maybe Lugo or Murin

Are you a little touched?He is 19 years old let him be a student/athlete in the true sense.

So a 19 year old kid going out to wrestle for the NCAA 125# Championship has the Pokemon theme song for his walk out song. (Is that really a thing?)

NCAA Championship on ESPN channels and can be seen pretty much worldwide I'm guessing............with millions watching.

And he has the Pokemon theme song played.
25r30wi.gif

Ok......so any of you have the guts to do that?

Yeah........... didn't think so.

Talk about having a light hearted, fun loving attitude. And not being too uptight. Wow.........
2lbkos0.gif

What an outstanding wrestler who did not win the outstanding wrestling award. LOL

What a joke.

Yep. Somehow the wrestler who won "the deepest, most competitive weight class" award with more points than ANY other wrestler, didn't win the "most outstanding" award. SMDH. Apparently the coaches are too occupied. Maybe let the writer's vote from now on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT