ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell does the NCAA do with all the money

Hawk68

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
they are making with both BB tournaments? It appears to me they have lost all control of college athletics to TV, ADs and court rulings. They must throw great parties at their meetings! I bet all the executives make it to the Olympics to watch the players they don't control.

they are making with both BB tournaments? It appears to me they have lost all control of college athletics to TV, ADs and court rulings. They must throw great parties at their meetings! I bet all the executives make it to the Olympics to watch the players they don't control.
They host a couple tournaments. And...that's about it from the looks of it.

The rest of the time they walk around looking angry muttering to themselves so that people think they are really busy.

Sorry, but I don't have your confidence in the distribution and how much each conference gets. I just have a feeling that there are some internal NCAA funds that get fed.
No shit, and for what they actually accomplish....:rolleyes:

Sorry, but I don't have your confidence in the distribution and how much each conference gets. I just have a feeling that there are some internal NCAA funds that get fed.
Hey man, I’m not going to defend the NCAA’s financials or what they spend on “administrative” expenses. But what I posted is the general idea, same as the CFP.

In 2022-23, the NCAA distributed $5.7 million to Iowa. That looks to be the highest amount distributed among the current B1G. Average appears to be around $4.8 to $5.0 million. The B1G distributed another $8.6 to Iowa. That is above only Michigan and Nebraska. Most received $10-$12 million. According to this site though, somehow Maryland received $57 million from conference distributions (Rutgers was like $11 million).

https://www.sportico.com/business/c...finances-database-intercollegiate-1234646029/

In 2022-23, the NCAA distributed $5.7 million to Iowa. That looks to be the highest amount distributed among the current B1G. Average appears to be around $4.8 to $5.0 million. The B1G distributed another $8.6 to Iowa. That is above only Michigan and Nebraska. Most received $10-$12 million. According to this site though, somehow Maryland received $57 million from conference distributions (Rutgers was like $11 million).

https://www.sportico.com/business/c...finances-database-intercollegiate-1234646029/
Do you know what the non specific category includes?

Fans seem to like to always label the NCAA as the villain but they simply are there to enforce rules agreed upon by member schools.

They cover their expenses then distribute the surplus funds to member schools.

The fault for the gambling fiasco clearly lies with the Iowa DCI and their superiors

Fans seem to like to always label the NCAA as the villain but they simply are there to enforce rules agreed upon by member schools.

They cover their expenses then distribute the surplus funds to member schools.

The fault for the gambling fiasco clearly lies with the Iowa DCI and their superiors
Enforce..............loooooolololol

Do you know what the non specific category includes?

The non-sport specific category? Could be salaries of the AD’s office, cost of Kinnick, CHA, Xtreme Arena and other facilities, etc. It doesn’t look like they label Kinnick (or the practice facilities) to just football.

Pretty damn cool website to see where Iowa compares with others around the conference and country. If you look into it far enough, you can see how much it costs for each team to travel for bowl expenses. You’d be shocked to see Nebraska’s was $0 😂

The average fan has no clue how much gets spent simple on scholarships for tuition room and board, never mind all the ancillary costs.
You can argue the necessity of the ancillary costs but the money gets divided and most schools are forcing the student body to pay for the “poor” student athletes that are being “taken advantage” of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT