ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee will medically forfeit from the wrestle back round

I have this terrible gut feeling that we will never get the privilege of watching Spencer Lee compete in a singlet again. His body just won't allow it. I pray I am wrong, but life is usually far from fair. I feel gutted because he didn't reach his goals. I can't imagine where his head is at right now. Not to start any rumors as I know nothing for sure, just a terrible feeling I have.

He said earlier this week he plans to stay in Iowa City a long time. How much longer till he joins the staff as an assistant coach, in preparation for him to one day take the job from Tom?
i would say they will be patient and wait until the time is right to put him on staff as an assistant. so maybe not monday but thursday or friday…

kidding of course but i hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Reactions: HawkMD
I have this terrible gut feeling that we will never get the privilege of watching Spencer Lee compete in a singlet again. His body just won't allow it. I pray I am wrong, but life is usually far from fair. I feel gutted because he didn't reach his goals. I can't imagine where his head is at right now. Not to start any rumors as I know nothing for sure, just a terrible feeling I have.
Life is cruel and unfair just as it is glorious. Spencer is/was best I’ve ever seen and he deserved a better ending than this.

I was saying this right after our championship in 2021. Spencer should have immediately had both ACL’s repaired right after he won it all with two torn ACL’s. He could have had a medical redshirt the next season and had over a year and a half to recover.

Instead he tried to wrestle the next season and didn’t end up having the surgeries until almost a full year later.

I get wanting to be tough and thinking you can just rehab, but it really would have been wise to fix them right away and have more time to heal up for this final season.

Appears pretty clear what has happened and what was the issue through out his amazing IOWA career. From the bits and pieces of what has been said, he was pretty much never able to train at 100%. Having very limited practices, not being able to run, obviously will cause issues with conditioning and making weight.

Anyone who has gone to an off-season tournament where they are not training daily, would know the feeling of trying to wrestle a match when not in wrestling shape!

You could clearly see as the season wore on that something was not right. Everyone was hoping it was just a "bad day" when you see him wrestle and it is not the monster that you expect.

I am guessing like MVP said, that trying to maintain/make weight by not eating and maybe dehydration was the issue all alone when combined with not being able to practice properly.

Just hoping that this will not effect his future goals as a wrestler!

All the Hawkeyes are class acts, making it especially painful when they fall short their goals. Gut wrenching. No dry eyes in our house last night. Cliche to say but what doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger.

But enough with the infighting, Hawkeye fans. Please…

I was proud to see our Hawks come back strong and look forward to watching ALL again today. We still have plenty of Hawks to cheer for…
Best of luck!
Hawks by a million…

If Spencer blew out his knee because he was told to take down in the quarters, then that coach should be fired.

Agree. I have no idea the injury, but all signs point to his ACL again. Best guess is that he came back to try for a fourth title and see if his knees could hold up. You can fix the body but it’s never the same. I can attest to that with 2 labrum repairs and a blown pectoral tendon in the same shoulder that ended my athletic career. I think we watched Spencer’s last match last night.

• Sad
Reactions: kjb32812
But realistically would he forfeit if he squeaked out a win and the same thing is going on?
Probably not but anyone even hinting at him wussing out by medically forfeiting is a piece of shit. He gave everything to this program, if there's even a 0.0001% chance he could impact his post-college life and/or career then wrestling for 3rd isn't worth it and I'm sure the coaches were telling him the same thing.

I think you’re missing the point, clearly we can see he isn’t himself. Nobody is ungrateful for Spencer, everyone is gutted. He’s an all time great.
The point is don’t make posts like that when you can’t say anything.
I did say something…. And I’ll make posts about whatever I choose.

Lot of incredible stupid posts this morning so I might as well add one. Since Spencer know longer wrestles for the Hawks then why not let posters know what is wrong with him other than it is probably his knees and that he is completely wore out.

Lot of incredible stupid posts this morning so I might as well add one. Since Spencer know longer wrestles for the Hawks then why not let posters know what is wrong with him other than it is probably his knees and that he is completely wore out.
I think people just think that Spencer should be the one who determines when that information is disclosed.

Thanks for all the memories Spencer! You have been a tremendous role model for my boys and left a strong impression not only as a wrestler, but as a individual who treats people with respect on and off the mat. I hope we get to see you in a singlet again, but if not certainly on the Iowa side of the mat as a coach! Thanks again Stud!

Oh booo freaking hooo. So he lost and doesn’t become a 4 timer. Guess his move to Iowa really changed him. The PA kid would fight back for third place, help his team get second place.and not just give up. Now all you Iowa quitters can start making excuses for him. Just remember, excuses are for wusses.
This reminds me of one of my all-time favorite bitch slaps posted to this board......"I would love nothing more than to plow into your face with a roll of quarters in my grip." Congratulations, you are today's internet keyboard tough guy.

Reactions: Spoons
I’ll bite. Do you have any comprehension of the type of bottom feeder, zero you have to be to spend your life trolling the fans of a rival school?

We get it, you hate Iowa. Spencer sucks, blah blah blah. Your handle says it all as well. Penn state wrestling and their winning ways essentially started in 2011. Glad you’ve been a fan for so long. Come back and talk *hit when you’ve had 25 team titles. Or maybe 34, like OSU. Until then, enjoy something else in the world. Your existence as it stands now is sad and pathetic.

The defend pedophiles, what more do you expect?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT