ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Nostalgia Video Thread—Post Your Favorites

Two of the single most exciting plays to any game of my life... followed by complete and utter disappointment. (Was at orange bowl..amazing that kick return)

1977 - #19 Iowa State at Iowa. Back when ISU was the perennial bowl power in the late '70s. The tide was soon to turn. (BONUS: The hilariously inappropriate comment the play-by-play man makes about an Iowa co-ed at halftime at about the 7:00 mark)...

Here is a collection of Tim Dwight’s punt return td’s, but my favorite Dwight highlight occurred in the same 1996 Ohio State game as one of the returns in this video. However, he didn’t score on the return so it didn’t get included. I think he got stopped at about the 15 yard line or so. He went over, under, around, and through the entire coverage unit. He seemingly fought off tackle attempts from every Buckeye player on the field and it took about 3 or 4 guys to finally bring him down.

IIRC he literally carried Mike Vrabel the last 5 yards. It was almost like he was possessed. But I can’t find the clip anywhere. The first person to post it gets to choose my avatar for a week.

That recker btt run was amazing. 2002 was a good year. God i miss iowa city

One of the most under-appreciated players IMO. I feel like people forget how good McGrady was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT