ADVERTISEMENT

Spring practice/game thoughts

Elihawk

HR Legend
Oct 5, 2001
My practice observations…

Offense…

Toren Young was my player of the day. Of course, almost no Wadley. New offense is still a work in progress. Toks had nice moments. I like our RB talent. No RB fumbles

OL will be very good, IMHO- No suprises, Myer, Render, Daniels, welsh and Bott. Second unit looks like Jackson, Williams, Barnwart, Legrand, Reynolds. Paulsens out today?

QB- have some growing to do here, neither of our first two QB looked very good. Well, in spurts, but not consistent. I still think Stanley will be the guy come fall, but nothing I saw today suggested a clear winner. Weigers made some poor decisions today.

TE/WR-Lack of numbers at WR this spring, hopefully we get everyone back. Easley will be in the mix for sure. Fant looked good on routes, needs some work still in blocking. Hockenson looks like the #2. Good hands and speed.

Defense. We didn’t see much of the starting LB and with Nelson, Bazata out, the starting DL for the most part was Hesse, Jansen, Brinks and Latimore, with limited plays from A Nelson. Latimore and Nelson have both made great strides since last year. Front 7 depth looks to be good when everyone is healthy.I liked Gholston alot today. Held his ground and wasn't out of position.

LB- again, not much Jewell and Nieman…so the majority of #1 snaps from Bower, Welsh, Mends. We will be good and potentially deep at LB. I like Amani Jones and K Taylor a lot.

DBs-with JJ, Ojemudia and Rugamba…good first three, but a true freshman WILL play at CB, I think! Gervase looks like a solid player who came up with a couple “rec” today on overthrown balls and good tackling. Hooker second unit, looks like he played a little at both spots. Taylor still have an issue with hitting but not wrapping up, but I think he has a big year. Clayberg has great closing speed.Depth an issue at both CB and safety.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News