ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice, Offense

Elihawk2

HB MVP
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2021
Spring Football thread…FYI, I might not spell everyones name correct, so just relax. I have trouble with my own name and I am dyslexic.

Okay, odds and ends. The addition of a young QB coach and former OC as an analyst can only help B Ferentz and the development of our QBs! Great hire I think (talking about the hire of Jon Budmayr). A Hodges was also a very good hire and I think the plan is to get him on the defensive side as soon as possible.

OL. People bitch about our QB play last year, but it was pretty good for the 5-6 games when the OL was reasonable healthy. Like running a car with out tires! The upside of all the injuries is that we have some guys who got experience last year, perhaps a year before they were ready…Richman, Dejong, Colby all got Starting experience last year. One would assume our OTs will be selected from Plumb, Dejong, Richman and I hear Colby will get a look at RT, along with Elsbury, Stephens and Davidkov.
inside at OG, I think Britt, Fagan, Colby, Volk and possible other OT candidate will slide inside.

Sounds Like Jones, Mylsinki and Fagen seem like the candidates to snap the ball!

TE/WR. Less mystery here, I hear LaPorta has been working on strength and blocking. He should have a great year. Lachey might be ready to break out this year and hopefully can stay healthy. I twill be interesting to see how the transfer fits in here. Johnson and Bruce really proved to be dynamic freshman and should be ready to step into even bigger roles this year (need to be better blockers)…Jones and Ragiani are proven commodities.

QB- Having a designated guy who played QB at Wisc, coached UW QBs and has been an OC will be really nice for Petras, Padilla and Labas. I know the staff loves everything about Petras except the production. Padilla has the quicker release, but neither guy has shown the accuracy yet (with decent at best to poor at times OL play). Labas can make all the throws and I have heard has the best combo of accuracy and arm strength, but was struggling with under center snaps for the first part of 2021.

Defense later…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.