ADVERTISEMENT

Stacey Abrams for VP?

Would you consider Stacey Abrams on the Dem ticket as VP to be a positive or negative?

• I'd normally vote or lean R but I like Abrams. Nevertheless I would still vote for Trump.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Abrams talked at length about the efforts in Georgia and other states to suppress the vote, including purging voters who haven’t exercised their right to vote. “I like to remind people the fact that I didn’t go shooting on Saturday doesn't mean I've lost my Second Amendment rights. And the fact that I didn't go to church on Sunday doesn't mean I've lost my right to freedom of religion,” Abrams noted. “The right to vote is the only right in America that you can lose simply for not using it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ce-president-i-will-not-diminish-my-ambition/

Not going to change my vote as long as Trump is on the ticket but I don't see anything positive she adds.

She isn't very experienced nor does she have above average likability. There is a large number of better candidates for the VP nod for any other candidates running for president.

A Bernie-Stacey ticket would be interesting. Both are no-nonsense straight-talkers.

That would turn off the non-serious. But most of them are voting R no matter who the Dems put up.

So the question becomes would it energize enough serious people to beat the crook and the ass-kissing evangelical?

Reactions: JMNSHO
Abrams talked at length about the efforts in Georgia and other states to suppress the vote, including purging voters who haven’t exercised their right to vote. “I like to remind people the fact that I didn’t go shooting on Saturday doesn't mean I've lost my Second Amendment rights. And the fact that I didn't go to church on Sunday doesn't mean I've lost my right to freedom of religion,” Abrams noted. “The right to vote is the only right in America that you can lose simply for not using it.”

Give me a break, Stacey! One doesn't "lose their right to vote" by being taken off the voter list. This is just proper administrative maintenance (e.g. maybe the voter died).

Reactions: SIXERS24
Give me a break, Stacey! One doesn't "lose their right to vote" by being taken off the voter list. This is just proper administrative maintenance (e.g. maybe the voter died).
Who was in charge of the office performing this administrative maintenance?

A Bernie-Stacey ticket would be interesting. Both are no-nonsense straight-talkers.

That would turn off the non-serious. But most of them are voting R no matter who the Dems put up.

So the question becomes would it energize enough serious people to beat the crook and the ass-kissing evangelical?

My hopes are for a Sanders and Nina Turner ticket.

Proper? What's proper about it?

If the dead voter tries to vote, then there's a problem. Removing people from the voting list because they might be dead is just one of the GOP's many deliberate strategies to disenfranchise eligible voters.

You know this. Everybody knows this. Why are you defending it?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ce-president-i-will-not-diminish-my-ambition/
Did anyone in Georgia file a complaint that they could not vote? Serious question

If the dead voter tries to vote, then there's a problem. Removing people from the voting list because they might be dead is just one of the GOP's many deliberate strategies to disenfranchise eligible voters.

No, everybody doesn't know this. The voter could have moved away and failed to notify that state election authority. I be NO ONE notifies the state election authority when they move out a state.

I don't understand why losers like her and Beto are so idolized by the left and the media...
Seriously. Paper thin educational background and resume. She hasn’t even been a low level HR guy for a mid sized managed care company.

Reactions: unIowa
Did anyone in Georgia file a complaint that they could not vote? Serious question
There were over 21,000 people who were not allowed to vote in that election with a regular ballot and instead were given only a provisional ballot (known to the cynical among us as a “placebo ballot”) due to not being verifiable as a valid voter with the list provided and maintained by the Secretary of State, Brian Kemp—who also happened to be Abram’s Republican opponent in the race.

The >21000 provisional ballots was nearly 20% more than were used in the previous election, a presidential election with a higher turnout. 60% of the provisional ballots were cast in a handful of counties which happen to heavily lean democratic. Did I mention that Brian Kemp was the Secretary of State overseeing the voter roll purges preceding this contentious election he won over Abrams?

There were over 21,000 people who were not allowed to vote in that election with a regular ballot and instead were given only a provisional ballot (known to the cynical among us as a “placebo ballot”) due to not being verifiable as a valid voter with the list provided and maintained by the Secretary of State, Brian Kemp—who also happened to be Abram’s Republican opponent in the race.

The >21000 provisional ballots was nearly 20% more than were used in the previous election, a presidential election with a higher turnout. 60% of the provisional ballots were cast in a handful of counties which happen to heavily lean democratic. Did I mention that Brian Kemp was the Secretary of State overseeing the voter roll purges preceding this contentious election he won over Abrams?

Are you suggesting that provisional ballots weren't vetted and counted if found to be valid?

Stacey Abrams is full of $#{%. You cannot claim African American voter suppression in Georgia when African American voter participation in Georgia was at an all time high. A record number of African Americans voted in the election she lost. I would say she's grasping at straws, but those aren't substantial enough to be called straws.

The law that removed names from the voter roll was passed in 1997. At the time, Democrats ran the State House. For a name to be removed from Georgia's voting roll, the person has to have not voted in the last seven consecutive years, and even then, only if they fail to return a confirmation of address form that they get after not voting for three consecutive years. All a person has to do is either vote or return the form that says they still live there. Or, worst case scenario, re-register. I have yet to hear a confirmed case of someone not being allowed to vote.

Reactions: Hawk in SEC Country
Are you suggesting that provisional ballots weren't vetted and counted if found to be valid?
Maybe I’m a bit cynical, but yes. Who, in Georgia in 2018, was in charge of determining whether a provisional ballot was valid and worthy of being counted? Brian Kemp. The guy running against Abrams.

I do not know the parameters used to remove voters who have not voted in a "long" time. But I certainly believe there should be some. Death and moving away are two easy such cases. Leaving such non-voting voters on the list provides a better chance for fraudulent votes (someone impersonating a dead guy or someone who has moved away).

It is even possible the purgers are doing the right thing (purging non-active voters) for the wrong reasons (to suppress votes from certain voting groups). But list maintenance certainly should be done.

Do you agree list maintenance should be done?

Last edited:
Wasn't she the one that did the democrat rebuttal to the SOTUA last year, she wasn't very good IMO. Honestly, Corey Booker should be the VP pick of either Biden or Pete.

VP will certainly be Booker or Abrams, I can't see them going with an all-white ticket again with Georgia, Arizona and NC up for grabs. I could definitely see a "Southern" strategy (which is really more of just a urbanization strategy) panning out better than the midwest.

Why would you want a VP that says stupid stuff like that? Not one person has lost their right to vote. For all of this alleged suppression you’d think there’d be thousands of people coming out talking about how they couldn’t vote. How about a hundred? 20? 5? Where are they all?

I would love that loser ticket. She couldn’t win her state. Bring it

Reactions: royhobbs2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT