ADVERTISEMENT

Star Wars Discussion Thread

Sep 14, 2019
I-O-W-A
Anybody else feel like this needs to be an official thread kept up here on HROT? I’ll begin by asking this question: who is the most powerful character in the Skywalker Saga? I’d go with Anakin.

Also:

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
I’d put Revenge of The Sith up top. My personal favorite. Last Jedi sucked and Rise of Skywalker was meh. Also, Attack of the Clones was a great movie.

Anybody else feel like this needs to be an official thread kept up here on HROT? I’ll begin by asking this question: who is the most powerful character in the Skywalker Saga? I’d go with Anakin.
Anakin and Luke were said to have the same number of the thingies in their blood giving force ability, about 35,000. Yoda only had 18,000. A typical Jedi had about 10,000

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I’ll go:

Empire
Rogue One
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Solo
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Force Awakens
Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker

Last 4 episodes of Clone Wars would be pretty high on this list. Twilight of the Apprentice in Rebels would be as well. I’m hopeful that Filoni continues to drive Star Wars forward and the awful sequels will be forgotten.

I’ll go:

Empire
Rogue One
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Solo
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Force Awakens
Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker

Last 4 episodes of Clone Wars would be pretty high on this list. Twilight of the Apprentice in Rebels would be as well. I’m hopeful that Filoni continues to drive Star Wars forward and the awful sequels will be forgotten.

Attack of the Clones should be dead last. Terrible. Last Jedi slight above it.

The scene near the end of Rogue One where Vader was trying to get the stolen Death Star plans back from the rebels was complete bad a$$. Showed the true power of Vader that we never really got to see up until that point.
And that should have been the Last Jedi. Luke destroying a bunch of bad guys and realizes he is too powerful for his own good, goes into isolation.

Return of the Jedi doesn’t get enough respect, IMO. It introduced Palpatine and the Red Imperial guard as well as Jabba and his world. Made Leia a sex symbol. Introduced the Sarlaac pit, Ewoks, speed bikes. best Vader/ Luke battle and other great stuff. Yoda death and old Anakin. It really expanded the SW universe.

Sebastian Stan as young Luke, yah or nay?

iu

Also:

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

I might move a couple of these up or down one spot, but this is pretty good. The best prequel trilogy would have been tightening up Phantom Menace, splitting Attack of the Clones between PM and Revenge of the Sith and then have Rogue One as the third.

I’ll go:

Empire
Rogue One
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Solo
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Force Awakens
Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker

Counting all official Star Wars movies, tv series, and made for TV movies but not counting property crossover stuff like the Lego Star Wars, Family Guy Star Wars and Robot Chicken Star Wars specials....this is how I would rank them from Best to Worst.

1) Empire Strikes Back
2) “Star Wars” (I refuse to call it A New Hope like a friggin Millenial)
3) Rogue One
4) Mandalorian
5) Return of the Jedi
6) The Force Awakens
7) Rebels
8) The Clone Wars (CGI series)
9) The Clone Wars (animated movie)
10) Resistance
11) Clone Wars (Tartakovsky series)
12) Solo
13) Phantom Menace
14) Revenge of the Sith
15) The Rise of the Skywalker
16) Caravan of Courage
17) Forces of Destiny
18) Droids
19) Battle for Endor
20) Attack of the Clones
21) Ewoks
22) The Holiday Special
23) The Last Jedi

Also:

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

I'm kind of doing this thing now where I like to watch movies with a collection like above in chronological order. I'm at Guardians of the Galaxy in Marvel for example. I'd really like to do this with Star Wars. I've seen the 4 and 5 the movies when I was a kid. Aren't there like 19 movies now associated someway with Star Wars?

Yes, I like this idea....we'll just have to read past the trolls. Also, for those who lack creativity and will post the typical "Nerd" meme. We're geeks, not nerds. :cool:

Geek-Nerd-Dork.jpg

Counting all official Star Wars movies, tv series, and made for TV movies but not counting property crossover stuff like the Lego Star Wars, Family Guy Star Wars and Robot Chicken Star Wars specials....this is how I would rank them from Best to Worst.

1) Empire Strikes Back
2) “Star Wars” (I refuse to call it A New Hope like a friggin Millenial)
3) Rogue One
4) Mandalorian
5) Return of the Jedi
6) The Force Awakens
7) Rebels
10) Resistance
11) Clone Wars (Tartakovsky series)
12) Solo
13) Phantom Menace
14) Revenge of the Sith
15) The Rise of the Skywalker
16) Caravan of Courage
17) Forces of Destiny
18) Droids
19) Battle for Endor
20) Attack of the Clones
21) Ewoks
22) The Holiday Special
23) The Last Jedi

Mine's pretty close, but I'm not as harsh on The Last Jedi.

1) Empire Strikes Back
2) Star Wars: A New Hope
3) Rogue One (better movie than A New Hope, but gotta give props to what started it all)
4) Mandalorian
5) Rebels (man I love this series!)
6) Return of the Jedi
7) The Force Awakens (First 2/3rds is some of the best Star Wars I've seen)
10) The Rise of the Skywalker
11) Solo
12) Revenge of the Sith
13) The Last Jedi
14a) Attack of the Clones
14b) Phantom Menace (Jar Jar is equally as bad as Qui Gon is great)
15) Resistance (Just couldn't get into this)
16) Ewoks
17) The Holiday Special (A blank screen is better than this garbage)

Never seen these
- Caravan of Courage
- Forces of Destiny
- Droids
- Battle for Endor
- Clone Wars (Tartakovsky series)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT