ADVERTISEMENT

Star Wars Discussion Thread

However, what Rian Johnson did is somewhat genius. I think he is the only person to recognize that the Star Wars world is wide in both distance and time. There are so many stories that could be told. Personally, I think he was trying to kill off some of the Star Wars tropes so those others stories could be told out of the shadow of the Skywalkers.

I don't disagree with you on the expanded story. Andor was incredible and did not have any elements of the jedis. But Johnson's 180-degree change of Luke was terrible writing in my opinion and went overboard. The slow WW2-like bombers, Leia's spacewalk, the emasculation of Poe because the commander was too selfish to share her plans. I hate that movie.

The force awakens was not good as we have to deal with yet another planet killer and Rey and Finn should not have survived at the end. And the 3rd movie was a sloppy and giant apology to OG star wars fans for what Johnson did.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I don't disagree with you on the expanded story. Andor was incredible and did not have any elements of the jedis. But Johnson's 180-degree change of Luke was terrible writing in my opinion and went overboard. The slow WW2-like bombers, Leia's spacewalk, the emasculation of Poe because the commander was too selfish to share her plans. I hate that movie.

The force awakens was not good as we have to deal with yet another planet killer and Rey and Finn should not have survived at the end. And the 3rd movie was a sloppy and giant apology to OG star wars fans for what Johnson did.

The Disney Episodes 7, 8 and 9 were terrible and quite frankly I wish they were never made. They have some decent ideas, the character design was good, but the execution was terrible. The worst offenders being Rey and Finn having zero training being able to hold their own in a lightsaber dual with Kylo Ren, Snoke being some weird giant in charge of the first order who immediately dies very quickly in episode 8. Giving no clear backstory on Rey til Episode 9 were they quickly threw together that she was the daughter of Emperor Palpatine and Palpatine was a ghost that was somehow running the first order. Also as I remember it, Kylo Ren was never given any sort of emotional attachment reason for his turn back to the light side. Dude straight up murdered his dad but turns to the light because him and Rey share some sort of unexplained mystical force connection?

Their spinoff movies and series have been fairly good.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT