ADVERTISEMENT

State Income Tax No More In Texas

Short sighted and creating their own future problems...

The state is going to end up with a bunch of under-educated, poor, overweight residents because people want to save a few bucks. Which they will waste on cigs and beer.

Texas has no income tax now and they are 4 spots higher on the obesity list than Iowa. Hmmm.

Florida taxes the tourists. So does Nevada. Most of the rest live off of oil revenue. Washington? IDK?

My understanding is that both their property taxes and their sales taxes are pretty high. State sales tax is 6.5%, plus most local governments also have an added sales tax - and the charge it on services in addition to goods.

There are seven states that have no income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming. There are others that only tax certain types of income (a couple tax investment income but not earned income, some exempt retirement income...).

In Florida, the state constitution bans income tax. To me, it doesn't mean much. Government services cost money, and whether the government obtains it from income tax, sales tax, property tax, user fees, or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that services have to be paid for. Only thing it changes is the allocation of who pays what, and what you can do to minimize the impact to you financially.

User taxes as the fairest form of taxes.

Lol @ resident libs pissed off a state is going to take less of their money.

No, just a little pissed because come the next hurricane or flood and there they will be with their hand out to suck from the tit of the rest of us tax payers.

Oregon has no sales tax and you can tell when driving on their awful roads.

Taxes in Johnson Co are a little high but I have zero complaints with our school district and North Liberty is a pretty damn nice town so no complaints here. I'll pay my share.

I believe they have a pretty high sales tax rate too, last time I was in Houston I think sales tax was 8%.
Houston is a liberal city.
State sales is about 6%.
Property taxes are very reasonable. Have a good friend in a DFW suburb.
If the sea level does rise (been watching it almost every day for about 7 years and can't see it being higher an inch) before I die that's my next stop.

No, just a little pissed because come the next hurricane or flood and there they will be with their hand out to suck from the tit of the rest of us tax payers.
Kinda like every state, during every natural disaster. I’m sure you’re equally appalled at all the lib candidates promising everything free

Oregon has no sales tax and you can tell when driving on their awful roads.

Taxes in Johnson Co are a little high but I have zero complaints with our school district and North Liberty is a pretty damn nice town so no complaints here. I'll pay my share.
Iowa is supported by

Iowa’s main funding source for infrastructure maintenance and management is the state’s Road Use Tax Fund, which is supplemented primarily through vehicle registration fees, taxes on vehicle sales and the state fuel tax.

County and city governments also make use of local taxes and bonds to finance road and bridge efforts. Federal dollars are another source.

Not sure what a sales tax and state income tax have to do with it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT