ADVERTISEMENT

Texas GOP looking to lock Dems out of statewide office of any kind

If this were true(we have been hearing from leftists for years that Texas is ready to turn blue) then maybe you would have a point. I remember when Beto was going to beat Cruz in the Senate race and then beat Abbot in the governors race(maybe that order was flipped can’t remember) and neither happened. This is typical party trash legislation that will never make it but will sure get partisans like you all worked up.
You're such a dumbass. How typical is it? Show me ANYTHING this undemocratic anywhere else. I'll give you 24 hours.

Libs in this thread make Texas sound like a third world country being run by theocratic dictators.

That's what they appear to want to be....

Perhaps the reason they are doing so, is because more "blue" and "purple" voters are moving there.

Reactions: artradley
That would be inline with and escalation of doing whatever it takes to win. Which has been what they've been moving towards for a while.

I wonder how much popularity the proposal would have.

Wacko from the edge of not?

That would be inline with and escalation of doing whatever it takes to win. Which has been what they've been moving towards for a while.

If it makes it onto the official party platform...we know.

You clearly haven’t been paying attention. The elections the past few cycles are getting more purple from the deep red they were just a decade ago. Ask why else would the GOP attempt to do this.
Again libs like yourself have been saying this since 2008. Many saviors like Beto ready to flip the state on a national level we have been told. The party is doing this because the Republican party in the state is stupid and has all the power, it’s really simple.

But it doesn’t make it a third world dictatorship like leftists are claiming in this thread and if it were people wouldn’t be fleeing blue heaven California to go hell on Earth.

It’s really no different than the power the left has used in the hush money trial in New York. When you have all the power you do stupid things because you can. No one is going to hold Bragg accountable for bringing this to trial because Dems are sacred in NYC. Anywhere else this case doesn’t the light of day.

You're such a dumbass. How typical is it? Show me ANYTHING this undemocratic anywhere else. I'll give you 24 hours.
I didn’t say anything about anti democratic I said trash legislation. States controlled by one party for years have passed or proposed awful legislation. Kim Reynolds has been doing it quite well recently in Iowa. newsome in California is good at it as well. It is what happens when one party dominates a state. The world isn’t ending and democracy isn’t dying. At some point you guys will need to call a new play. And that tactic of saying democracy is ending all day every day is going to lead to Biden losing to the idiot Trump.

Here is an awful piece of legislation that actually passed in California that the people of the state didn’t actually want.

Boy you would think with all these vile, evil things Texas Republicans are doing no one from other states would want to move there. O wait…

Libs keep leaving the heavens of California for the Republican death cult/dictatorship in Texas. How odd.

BoTH sIdES!!
Good old Coff with his biweekly both sides false equivalency post.

It's going to be a part of the platform. Wacko? No, it's mainstream TXGOP thought. Fewer than 50 people in one county could cancel the votes of 1,000,000 in another county.

You clearly haven’t been paying attention. The elections the past few cycles are getting more purple from the deep red they were just a decade ago. Ask why else would the GOP attempt to do this.

Logic can be extremely disengaging.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT