ADVERTISEMENT

Steven Tyler accused of 1970s sexual assault by a second woman who was a teen at the time

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
I wonder how long before more rock-n-rollers from that era will be accused? I doubt there was much accountability for the back-stage debauchery going on in the 70s and 80s. I'd venture to say Steven doesn't even remember half of what he did back then. ...they'll be others.

Steven Tyler accused of 1970s sexual assault by a second woman who was a teen at the time​

Jonah Valdez
Thu, November 2, 2023 at 7:21 PM CDT·5 min read

Steven Tyler is posing with his hand with rings is at his neck as his hair flows down toward his cream suit jacket

A new lawsuit accuses Steven Tyler of sexually assaulting a woman in New York in the 1970s, when she was 17. She is the second woman to accuse the rock singer of assault. (Richard Shotwell / Invision / Associated Press)

Steven Tyler forcibly kissed and groped a teenage girl twice in 1975 when the rock singer was 27 and she was 17, a lawsuit filed Thursday alleges.

The suit, filed by Jeanne Bellino in New York City Civil Court and obtained by The Times, is the second in as many years in which a woman has accused the Aerosmith singer, whose legal name is Steven Tallarico, of sexually assaulting her as a teen in the 1970s. The first woman, Julia Misley, sued Tyler in December 2022, alleging sexual assault and sexual battery after meeting the Aerosmith frontman in 1973 when she was 16.

While The Times does not typically identify victims of sexual assault, the women's names were released publicly by their attorney. Jeff Anderson of Anderson and Associates represents the two women in the separate cases.

In the new lawsuit, Anderson alleges that Tyler "used his power, influence, and authority, as a well-known musician to sexually assault" Bellino.

Bellino reached out to Anderson's firm after reading about Misely's case and offered, "I want to help, I'll be a witness, because he did the same thing to me," Anderson recounted at a Thursday news conference announcing the lawsuit. At the event, he called Tyler a "sexual predator."

Attorneys for Tyler did not immediately respond to The Times' request for comment. His attorneys previously denied the allegations made in Misley's 2022 lawsuit and requested that the lawsuit be dismissed.

In summer 1975 in New York, Bellino was a teen model and worked for a children's modeling agency, frequently traveling with her modeling friends from her home in Queens into Manhattan for fashion shows, the lawsuit said. After one show, one of her friends, Bellino's ride for the day, arranged for them to meet Aerosmith at a party.

By this point, Tyler and Aerosmith had received international acclaim for their self-titled debut 1973 album and their hit single "Dream On." Their second album, "Get Your Wings," went platinum the following year.

After the show, Bellino and her friend met Tyler, who was with an entourage of about six people, the court document said. While the group walked over to the Warwick Hotel for the party, Bellino laughed and made a comment about one of Tyler's lyrics, the suit said. Tyler allegedly became irritated by Bellino's comment, then grabbed her and forced her into a phone booth, the complaint said. While inside, Tyler allegedly stuck his tongue down her throat and groped her breasts, buttocks and genitals, while removing her clothes and pinning her against the booth, the suit said. He also pretended to have sex with her, rubbing his torso against hers, according to the lawsuit.

The entourage, her friend and passersby watched the incident unfold without intervening, with some laughing, Bellino alleged in the complaint, which also names 50 Does whom she does not know by name as defendants.

Bellino fought back and was eventually able to grab the back of Tyler's head and pulled his long hair to free herself, the suit said. Tyler then allegedly left the booth while Bellino was left to put her clothes back on.

"It's humiliating and degrading and extremely upsetting; it's very dehumanizing to do that to someone," Bellino recalled in a video shared during the news conference. She said the encounter was her first sexual experience with anybody.

At the hotel, Bellino saw her friend go up the elevator and then Tyler allegedly pinned Bellino against the wall a second time, in the dark lobby, continuing to stick his tongue down her throat without her consent, the lawsuit said. Other individuals in the lobby, including employees, had stared on, the suit added. He eventually went up to his hotel room. As she stood in the lobby, figuring out how she would get home, a member of Tyler's entourage told her, "OK, you can go up to his room."

She declined, but the man offered to take her up there and reached out to her, the court document said. She backed away and ran for the door, the lawsuit said, where the doorman grabbed her and flung her into a cab, yelling at the driver, "Go!"

Though she didn't have enough cash to get home, the cab driver agreed to finish the ride for whatever money she had on her after she told him she'd been assaulted, the suit said.

The driver dropped her off about a half-mile from her home, Bellino recalled in the video, her voice shaking, and she ran the rest of the way until collapsing inside her home in tears, crying to her younger sister.

The lawsuit asks for unspecified damages and alleges that Tyler inflicted "physical, psychological, and emotional injuries."

Bellino mentioned in the video that she wanted to help "back up" Misley's account, but also sought accountability for her own experience.

In her lawsuit, Misley alleged that Tyler had assaulted her several times throughout high school in the span of several years in the 1970s. At one point, Tyler became Misley's guardian, telling her parents he would pay for things such as school and medical care, the suit said.

The lawsuit also stated that Misley had become pregnant and Tyler allegedly prevented her from seeking prenatal care and ultimately persuaded her to get an abortion in fall 1975.

Amid the allegations, Tyler had embarked on his band's Peace Out tour, billed as Aerosmith's farewell tour. However, just three stops into the 40-show tour, the band was forced to postpone the rest of its concerts after Tyler suffered a vocal cord injury. It was later determined that he had fractured his larynx.

The tour was scheduled to run until Feb. 29 — including three stops in California, a Dec. 1 show in San Francisco, a Dec. 4 show in San Jose and a Dec. 7 show at the Kia Forum in Los Angeles. New dates have not been set.

I don't get how you can possibly prove any of that. I'm not opining on whether it did or didn't happen, just curious how you can get to a trial when the only evidence seems to be one person saying something bad happened ~50 years ago, and the other person saying it didn't happen.

"Bellino alleged in the complaint, which also names 50 Does whom she does not know by name as defendants."

I also don't get how you can sue 50 people from 1975 that you can't identify.

Didn't he take legal custody of some underage girl? Is that were Gaetz got the idea.

This is the guy who said the back in the limousine and when a song came on he said that is a great song, we should write something like that.

....It was Aerosmith's song

I don't get how you can possibly prove any of that. I'm not opining on whether it did or didn't happen, just curious how you can get to a trial when the only evidence seems to be one person saying something bad happened ~50 years ago, and the other person saying it didn't happen.

"Bellino alleged in the complaint, which also names 50 Does whom she does not know by name as defendants."

I also don't get how you can sue 50 people from 1975 that you can't identify.
This is partly why we are seeing some of these cases:

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Teenage baby, you're a sweet young thing
Still tied to Mummy's apron strings
I don't even dare to ask your age
It's enough to know you're here backstage
You're jailbait
And I just can't wait
Jailbait baby, come on
One taste baby, all I need
My decision made at lightning speed
I don't even want to know your name
It's enough to know you feel the same
Jailbait
I just can't wait
Jailbait baby, get down
Hey!
Love that young stuff
Tell me baby, oh you look so fine
Send quivers up and down my spine
I don't care about our different ages
I'm an open book with well thumbed pages
Jailbait
I ain't too late
Jailbait baby, get down
Right now

• Love
Reactions: Thunderlips71
You're jailbait
And I just can't wait
Jailbait baby, come on
Jailbait
I just can't wait
Jailbait baby, get down
Hey!
Love that young stuff
Jailbait
I ain't too late
Jailbait baby, get down
Right now
Is it tuesday already?

• Love
Reactions: dgordo and torbee
You're jailbait
And I just can't wait
Jailbait baby, come on
Jailbait
I just can't wait
Jailbait baby, get down
Hey!
Love that young stuff
Jailbait
I ain't too late
Jailbait baby, get down
Right now
Why go with Motorhead.

Aerosmith has their own version:

Lyrics

Baby, take me, baby, take me
Baby I'm drivin' maybe
Baby take me
Take it or leave it on a Saturday night
If what you see is what you get then gimme a bite
Here comes the ladies, they're so insecure
Leave it to the boys and the fool on the hill
Hey baby be no jock, no third degree
Oh, jailbait
Play the foolin', play the pawn
Wake up baby I'm out the door, jailbait
I'm believin', someone talkin'
Can't let go, got the hold, oh jailbait
What it is that you believe
What you got, got up your sleeve, oh
Jailbait, jailbait, jailbait, jailbait
Take it, leave it, roll the dice
You're hot as hell, I'm cold as ice, oh jailbait
Tell your daddy how you do me
Put the woodshed, do it to me, jailbait
What you see in daddy's eyes
Check the voice, ain't no surprise
Jailbait, jailbait, jailbait, jailbait, jailbait, jailbait
Do me, do you, tell me, would you
See me, me too, do me, do you
I ain't complainin' bitch's brew
Girls in love I never knew she jailbait
Steep the chase, cold sweatin'
Stick your feet up (grace go bed)
Jailbait, j-j-jailbait, j-j-jailbait

84soad.gif

Reactions: torbee
Why go with Motorhead.

Aerosmith has their own version:

Lyrics

Baby, take me, baby, take me
Baby I'm drivin' maybe
Baby take me
Take it or leave it on a Saturday night
If what you see is what you get then gimme a bite
Here comes the ladies, they're so insecure
Leave it to the boys and the fool on the hill
Hey baby be no jock, no third degree
Oh, jailbait
Play the foolin', play the pawn
Wake up baby I'm out the door, jailbait
I'm believin', someone talkin'
Can't let go, got the hold, oh jailbait
What it is that you believe
What you got, got up your sleeve, oh
Jailbait, jailbait, jailbait, jailbait
Take it, leave it, roll the dice
You're hot as hell, I'm cold as ice, oh jailbait
Tell your daddy how you do me
Put the woodshed, do it to me, jailbait
What you see in daddy's eyes
Check the voice, ain't no surprise
Jailbait, jailbait, jailbait, jailbait, jailbait, jailbait
Do me, do you, tell me, would you
See me, me too, do me, do you
I ain't complainin' bitch's brew
Girls in love I never knew she jailbait
Steep the chase, cold sweatin'
Stick your feet up (grace go bed)

84soad.gif
I do get the peculiar circumstances, but we should always try to separate the narrator from the author.

There's probably at least a thousand women out there today, that were teenagers back then, that could make the same claim. Drugs, sex and rock and roll.

Thought the same exact thing.

Bitches just be hunting for MONEY.

I wonder how long before more rock-n-rollers from that era will be accused? I doubt there was much accountability for the back-stage debauchery going on in the 70s and 80s. I'd venture to say Steven doesn't even remember half of what he did back then. ...they'll be others.

Steven Tyler accused of 1970s sexual assault by a second woman who was a teen at the time​

Jonah Valdez
Thu, November 2, 2023 at 7:21 PM CDT·5 min read

Steven Tyler is posing with his hand with rings is at his neck as his hair flows down toward his cream suit jacket

A new lawsuit accuses Steven Tyler of sexually assaulting a woman in New York in the 1970s, when she was 17. She is the second woman to accuse the rock singer of assault. (Richard Shotwell / Invision / Associated Press)

Steven Tyler forcibly kissed and groped a teenage girl twice in 1975 when the rock singer was 27 and she was 17, a lawsuit filed Thursday alleges.

The suit, filed by Jeanne Bellino in New York City Civil Court and obtained by The Times, is the second in as many years in which a woman has accused the Aerosmith singer, whose legal name is Steven Tallarico, of sexually assaulting her as a teen in the 1970s. The first woman, Julia Misley, sued Tyler in December 2022, alleging sexual assault and sexual battery after meeting the Aerosmith frontman in 1973 when she was 16.

While The Times does not typically identify victims of sexual assault, the women's names were released publicly by their attorney. Jeff Anderson of Anderson and Associates represents the two women in the separate cases.

In the new lawsuit, Anderson alleges that Tyler "used his power, influence, and authority, as a well-known musician to sexually assault" Bellino.

Bellino reached out to Anderson's firm after reading about Misely's case and offered, "I want to help, I'll be a witness, because he did the same thing to me," Anderson recounted at a Thursday news conference announcing the lawsuit. At the event, he called Tyler a "sexual predator."

Attorneys for Tyler did not immediately respond to The Times' request for comment. His attorneys previously denied the allegations made in Misley's 2022 lawsuit and requested that the lawsuit be dismissed.

In summer 1975 in New York, Bellino was a teen model and worked for a children's modeling agency, frequently traveling with her modeling friends from her home in Queens into Manhattan for fashion shows, the lawsuit said. After one show, one of her friends, Bellino's ride for the day, arranged for them to meet Aerosmith at a party.

By this point, Tyler and Aerosmith had received international acclaim for their self-titled debut 1973 album and their hit single "Dream On." Their second album, "Get Your Wings," went platinum the following year.

After the show, Bellino and her friend met Tyler, who was with an entourage of about six people, the court document said. While the group walked over to the Warwick Hotel for the party, Bellino laughed and made a comment about one of Tyler's lyrics, the suit said. Tyler allegedly became irritated by Bellino's comment, then grabbed her and forced her into a phone booth, the complaint said. While inside, Tyler allegedly stuck his tongue down her throat and groped her breasts, buttocks and genitals, while removing her clothes and pinning her against the booth, the suit said. He also pretended to have sex with her, rubbing his torso against hers, according to the lawsuit.

The entourage, her friend and passersby watched the incident unfold without intervening, with some laughing, Bellino alleged in the complaint, which also names 50 Does whom she does not know by name as defendants.

Bellino fought back and was eventually able to grab the back of Tyler's head and pulled his long hair to free herself, the suit said. Tyler then allegedly left the booth while Bellino was left to put her clothes back on.

"It's humiliating and degrading and extremely upsetting; it's very dehumanizing to do that to someone," Bellino recalled in a video shared during the news conference. She said the encounter was her first sexual experience with anybody.

At the hotel, Bellino saw her friend go up the elevator and then Tyler allegedly pinned Bellino against the wall a second time, in the dark lobby, continuing to stick his tongue down her throat without her consent, the lawsuit said. Other individuals in the lobby, including employees, had stared on, the suit added. He eventually went up to his hotel room. As she stood in the lobby, figuring out how she would get home, a member of Tyler's entourage told her, "OK, you can go up to his room."

She declined, but the man offered to take her up there and reached out to her, the court document said. She backed away and ran for the door, the lawsuit said, where the doorman grabbed her and flung her into a cab, yelling at the driver, "Go!"

Though she didn't have enough cash to get home, the cab driver agreed to finish the ride for whatever money she had on her after she told him she'd been assaulted, the suit said.

The driver dropped her off about a half-mile from her home, Bellino recalled in the video, her voice shaking, and she ran the rest of the way until collapsing inside her home in tears, crying to her younger sister.

The lawsuit asks for unspecified damages and alleges that Tyler inflicted "physical, psychological, and emotional injuries."

Bellino mentioned in the video that she wanted to help "back up" Misley's account, but also sought accountability for her own experience.

In her lawsuit, Misley alleged that Tyler had assaulted her several times throughout high school in the span of several years in the 1970s. At one point, Tyler became Misley's guardian, telling her parents he would pay for things such as school and medical care, the suit said.

The lawsuit also stated that Misley had become pregnant and Tyler allegedly prevented her from seeking prenatal care and ultimately persuaded her to get an abortion in fall 1975.

Amid the allegations, Tyler had embarked on his band's Peace Out tour, billed as Aerosmith's farewell tour. However, just three stops into the 40-show tour, the band was forced to postpone the rest of its concerts after Tyler suffered a vocal cord injury. It was later determined that he had fractured his larynx.

The tour was scheduled to run until Feb. 29 — including three stops in California, a Dec. 1 show in San Francisco, a Dec. 4 show in San Jose and a Dec. 7 show at the Kia Forum in Los Angeles. New dates have not been set.

How does one come up with evidence of forcible kissing and groping almost 50 years later?

I have some sympathy for the idea that maybe a woman doesn't want to run out and talk to police right away and she might be afraid. But there are consequences for that. It's pretty tough to prove this stuff 50 years later. Including but not limited to the forcible part.

Thousands upon thousands of under age and above age, girls and women were subjected to sexual assault by musicians through the 60’s and likely through present day. It does not make it ok, but if you are a female and you accept an opportunity to “meet the band” your chances of unwanted groping or worse increase significantly.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
How does one come up with evidence of forcible kissing and groping almost 50 years later?

I have some sympathy for the idea that maybe a woman doesn't want to run out and talk to police right away and she might be afraid. But there are consequences for that. It's pretty tough to prove this stuff 50 years later. Including but not limited to the forcible part.
Thousands upon thousands of under age and above age, girls and women were subjected to sexual assault by musicians through the 60’s and likely through present day. It does not make it ok, but if you are a female and you accept an opportunity to “meet the band” your chances of unwanted groping or worse increase significantly.
I hope at 66 I'm over the crappy situations I put myself in during my teen years.

I also have to wonder where were the parents of these teens who were hanging out with mid 20s rock stars. I'd honestly hate to hear all the stories from behind the bands. I can't believe Mötley Crüe doesn't have 2K+ lawsuits against them.

A lot of perverts in the boomer generation, that’s for sure.

It seems my generation, at least my social circles of fringe X/Y, were more into milfs (and now maybe gilfs) and cradle robbing has always been looked down on.

It seems my generation, at least my social circles of fringe X/Y, were more into milfs (and now maybe gilfs) and cradle robbing has always been looked down on.

So you and your social circle had to depend on being 22 so you could get laid by 50 year olds because you were 22?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT