ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market

Here’s the really dumb part in all this for me - it’s a virtual certainty that at some point we will have a down couple of quarters (hopefully nothing prolonged) simply because everything is cyclical, and stuff just doesn’t always go according to plan.

Hopefully we’ve learned enough by now that those down periods are kept to a minimum, and that’s the more important part of good economic planning to me.
Agree. Long haul returns prove your point.

Agree. Long haul returns prove your point.
And, that’s the point. Same to @Tenacious E
After the drop I emailed my guy, even though we are on vacation, to put some cash to work that we had on the sidelines. Beyond that we are highly diversified in ETFs and mutual funds. Very few people have the time or the smarts to effectively pick stocks and time the market. My timeline for partial retirement is 5 years, so one day or one week or even one year isn’t something I am going to fret over. We plan our vacations ahead of time and stash cash in CDs to pay for them. And, God bless Mrs. Lucas for having prosperous farmer kin who left her land that produces income from rent and a windmill.
No politician controls the markets day to day.

And, that’s the point. Same to @Tenacious E
After the drop I emailed my guy, even though we are on vacation, to put some cash to work that we had on the sidelines. Beyond that we are highly diversified in ETFs and mutual funds. Very few people have the time or the smarts to effectively pick stocks and time the market. My timeline for partial retirement is 5 years, so one day or one week or even one year isn’t something I am going to fret over. We plan our vacations ahead of time and stash cash in CDs to pay for them. And, God bless Mrs. Lucas for having prosperous farmer kin who left her land that produces income from rent and a windmill.
No politician controls the markets day to day.
Exactly this. A big market down turn is a great opportunity. And you make out fine during longer market down turns, if still strongly funding 401Ks, IRAs, etc., due to dollar cost averaging.

Credit card and auto delinquencies are way up and retirement hardship withdrawals are at all-time highs.
Just sayin.
Not way up, up recently from historically low levels, but nothing approaching the level of concern you want to attach to it.

Delinquency rates right now are significantly below the historical average over the last 30+ years, the data proves that. Funny how you omitted those facts.

Reactions: lucas80 and littlez
Not way up, up recently from historically low levels, but nothing approaching the level of concern you want to attach to it.

Delinquency rates right now are significantly below the historical average over the last 30+ years, the data proves that. Funny how you omitted those facts.
The current credit card debt is at all time record highs.
Just sayin.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
At least Rico can buy more DJT stock today at $26 even though the 52 week high was $79!!!!

Brings down his average cost per share when he bought most of it for $63!

That dude should be a financial advisor.

Reactions: torbee
if I were a moronic hack like @NorthernHawkeye I’d be gloating that HARRIS AND WALZ JUST WON THE ELECTION!

But I’m not. So I’ll just say “nice, good to see a solid bounce back and it appears the economy remains on sound footing for now.” 🙂

With your tiny platform the gloating wouldn't reach anyone.

LOL - no you didn't. You're a liar.
Yep...I asked for receipts/proof, without any name, weeks ago and he didn't produce.

He paid $63, missed $79, and now is holding on for better days.
Gonna be a penny stock on the day after the election.

He won't be paying any taxes next year after he claims all those losses.

What a sucker.

A lot of that is American's lack of discipline in buying choices, etc. Just sayin.
Most of it is the continued proliferation of credit cards and their use for convenience. Along with adjustments for inflation.

Yep...I asked for receipts/proof, without any name, weeks ago and he didn't produce.

He paid $63, missed $79, and now is holding on for better days.
Gonna be a penny stock on the day after the election.

He won't be paying any taxes next year after he claims all those losses.

What a sucker.
You have zero idea what DWAC was selling for on 3/19 and zero idea what DJT was selling for on the 3/26.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
What date did you buy and what date did you sell?

This will be good.
raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.u2.jpg

Lots of turmoil overseas this weekend with some of the biggest drops in history. Warren Buffet selling off Apple and US Bank and buying huge amounts of t-bills.

Don't say we didn't see this coming when we have our crash.
Cute.

You rooting for this crash, MAGAt?

Reactions: Tom Paris
The current credit card debt is at all time record highs.
Just sayin.

Credit card debt hits fresh high​

Total credit card balances in the U.S.
Q1 2018–Q2 2024
The line chart shows total quarterly credit card balances in the U.S. from Q1 2018 through Q2 2024.
2024 Q2 $1.14T
2024 Q2 $1.14T

Note: Shaded area indicates recession.Source: Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Quarterly Report on Household Debt and Credit
Data as of Aug. 6, 2024

----

So all of Trump's were during the early days of COVID-19 global lockdowns once in a 100 years black swan event.

I'm guessing many on the left were calling for the markets to be closed due to the virus.

My how the left suddenly forgot how batshit crazy they went during covid.
Hmmmmm..... didn't know the early days of Covid started in 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT