ADVERTISEMENT

Stuelke

Why wasn't she playing?
Yeah, that was quizzical!!! When you are behind you need offense and to roll the dice without hannah was odd.

In the end O'grady didnt challenge for many rebounds. USC kept going over our players backs with no calls.

So with Gabby not getting off many shots we needed offense those last 8 minutes. And the hawks had that spurt to get it close with 5 minutes left which I thought a fresh legged Hannah could do some work.

But in the end the hawks need to shoot 50+% in the last half and I think they shot about 35%. GAme over

Simple really, Stuelke isn't a true center. She's been playing out of position as our lone big which becomes more pronounced when playing a giant team like SC. She's great for sprinting but SC is too athletic and talented for that to work as often. We needed a player to at least have a chance against Big C and O'Grady was that player. Still didn't work obviously.

Simple really, Stuelke isn't a true center. She's been playing out of position as our lone big which becomes more pronounced when playing a giant team like SC. She's great for sprinting but SC is too athletic and talented for that to work as often. We needed a player to at least have a chance against Big C and O'Grady was that player. Still didn't work obviously.
Well Kate Martin isn't a 4 and got owned in the 4th quarter and didn't offset that with offense. Why wouldn't Hannah play the 4 and move Kate over to the 3 and sit Sydney or Gabbie? Major coaching blunder by Bluder.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Well Kate Martin isn't a 4 and got owned in the 4th quarter and didn't offset that with offense. Why wouldn't Hannah play the 4 and move Kate over to the 3 and sit Sydney or Gabbie? Major coaching blunder by Bluder.
I hear ya but they've been running that set all year. Rarely have we seen O'Grady and Stuelke playing at the same time. The one knock I have with Bluders teams is that they never have size. It really hurts our chances against teams like SC.

I hear ya but they've been running that set all year. Rarely have we seen O'Grady and Stuelke playing at the same time. The one knock I have with Bluders teams is that they never have size. It really hurts our chances against teams like SC.
Stuelke should have been in there more in the 4th Qtr. Especially when we had it down to 7. O"Grady is a liability on both ends of the court. Her lack of athleticism against good teams like SC really shows.

Stuelke just never bloomed this season like we all hoped she would and like this team needed her to.

She was improved from last year. Showed some flashes of greatness this year at times.

But her season was a B for a grade.

We needed her to be an A this season. Not an A-, not an A+. An A.

But that’s partially on Bluder for not getting a decent big this season.

Put more emphasis on Stuelke’s game. Made it so we needed her game to be at a level where it wasn’t ready to be at yet.

Still, this team waaay exceeded what I expected from them this year!

Stuelke just never bloomed this season like we all hoped she would and like this team needed her to.

She was improved from last year. Showed some flashes of greatness this year at times.

But her season was a B for a grade.

We needed her to be an A this season. Not an A-, not an A+. An A.

But that’s partially on Bluder for not getting a decent big this season.

Put more emphasis on Stuelke’s game. Made it so we needed her game to be at a level where it wasn’t ready to be at yet.

Still, this team waaay exceeded what I expected from them this year!
Stuelke never "bloomed"? WTF are you even talking about? She was the highest scorer in the game when we beat UCONN in the final 4 as a sophomore. What the hell are you even thinking? I've seen some really dumb sh!t on this board, but that has to be among the dumbest.

Omg. You really don’t know hoops.

Can’t wait to read/follow your posts going on into the future!

Love to laugh!
And Stuelke was just named as one of 5 players to make the all-tournament team. So F*ck off with your garbage. So just keep running your mouth about knowing more about hoops than anyone else in the country LOL.

Omg. You really don’t know hoops.

Can’t wait to read/follow your posts going on into the future!

Love to laugh!
You make a demonstrably dumb statement, then when asked to show your work, you go straight to the insults. You go to the insults because you really have nothing to back up what you said.

Hannah's only issue this year has been that she's undersized at center. Unless you were expecting her to grow 3-4 inches, that's not her fault. To her credit, she took the challenge and way outperformed every expectation anyone should have had for her.

HS (I am a fan) is projected as a 4 and realistically too small for a 5. I keep trying to see her at the 4, but she can't handle the ball, not a good passer, and for the most part does not have an outside shot. Maybe she can have those skills by next fall but will really need to improve those aspects of her game to be effective at the 4 IMO.

Reactions: intrepodor
Addy was in to counter Cardoso's size (not possible). Hannah, just isn't a true 5 (despite doing it pretty damned well all season) in the girth sense. I don't know that we want her to get to that point, but she would be even more effective (IMHO) if she could develop in to either a 4 or 5 in the "truer" sense. Either bulk up a tad and add more physicality to her game or develop the handling and mid-range shooting to be a scary-good 4.
I was beyond impressed with how much she improved her FT shooting this season so it's not like she won't put in the work to get better. Great kid, great attitude, and fun to watch. I think she could be elite for her last two years.

BTW, I thought Addy did what she could against Cardoso, and got screwed by the officials on fouls--at both ends--big time.

Reactions: amahawk
Why not Hannah and Addie at the same time, to mix things up?
Jan talked about this on one of the podcasts, basically the though process is that they had been practicing with Hannah at the 5 only for most of the season trying to get her up to speed and swapping positions this late would cause more issues than it solved because the team had not practiced that.

Addy was in to counter Cardoso's size (not possible). Hannah, just isn't a true 5 (despite doing it pretty damned well all season) in the girth sense. I don't know that we want her to get to that point, but she would be even more effective (IMHO) if she could develop in to either a 4 or 5 in the "truer" sense. Either bulk up a tad and add more physicality to her game or develop the handling and mid-range shooting to be a scary-good 4.
I was beyond impressed with how much she improved her FT shooting this season so it's not like she won't put in the work to get better. Great kid, great attitude, and fun to watch. I think she could be elite for her last two years.

BTW, I thought Addy did what she could against Cardoso, and got screwed by the officials on fouls--at both ends--big time.
I was saying all year that if they wanted to be able to beat a SC type team, they needed to figure out how to develop Addie at the post, but they kept switching the backups all year rather than working through the issues with getting her enough confidence. I think it is sort of a double edged sword though, the team was more likely to win, especially against smaller faster teams and wanted to play fast with Hannah at the 5. So do you take more early losses and lower chances of getting to the title game, or increase chances of getting there with a lower chance of winning? I do think next year that they go with Hannah at 4, and use Ava/Addie as the 5.

Honestly,.. I don't see Hannah having the ball handling skills to dominate at the four..

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
And Stuelke was just named as one of 5 players to make the all-tournament team. So F*ck off with your garbage. So just keep running your mouth about knowing more about hoops than anyone else in the country LOL.
Yep, Stuelke’s game improved throughout the year, including her free throws. Having said, it will be nice when she’s allowed to play the 4 position, rather than the 5 against huge centers.

Reactions: SnootHawk
Stuelke never "bloomed"? WTF are you even talking about? She was the highest scorer in the game when we beat UCONN in the final 4 as a sophomore. What the hell are you even thinking? I've seen some really dumb sh!t on this board, but that has to be among the dumbest.
her offensive game didn't change enough yet. It's on the way, she's just a sophomore who really played the way she had to. She was a rim runner that caitlin threw open, nothing wrong with that. Her offensive moves need to improve and finishing around the rim. Her high percentage was being thrown into layups more than anything. She will have blossomed when she has a finishing game with both hands like cizano.

Honestly,.. I don't see Hannah having the ball handling skills to dominate at the four..
She improved a ton this year. All depends on what Bluder wants and needs from her. Obviously having Clark and letting Hannah rim run all year is a great strategy against 95% of the teams. She’s more athletic than most Centers and can beat them down the court. With CC leaving will we move her to the 4? I’m pretty sure a whole year of off work she could learn to put the ball on the floor

Stuelke was heads and tails better than last year. She had a great year. My hope for Stuelke’s development this off season is developing a mid range (7-15 ft) jump shot. If that is something she can develop, she will raise her game to another big level.

Stuelke was heads and tails better than last year. She had a great year. My hope for Stuelke’s development this off season is developing a mid range (7-15 ft) jump shot. If that is something she can develop, she will raise her game to another big level.
and keep going to the hole and getting layups as well, that's pretty cool. when she doesn't have a 7 footer defending her.

If Mallegni at 6' 1" could be good enough to start at the 4 next year, then maybe Hanna could be very efficient at the 5. Maybe Ediger could contribute at the 4 as well. Maybe!

Oh don't worry, he's not done posting dumb sh$$. 14 pts, 6.6 rebounds a game and 62% from the field which was 6th in the country. Oh, and all tournament team in the final 4 where she played her ass off in the UConn game. I'd say in her 1st year of starting as an undersized 5 that's pretty good!

It's my understanding that Hanna wanted to play as a 4 but agreed to move to the 5 because that's where the team needed her,.. If she truly wants it, the 4 is attainable.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
her offensive game didn't change enough yet. It's on the way, she's just a sophomore who really played the way she had to. She was a rim runner that caitlin threw open, nothing wrong with that. Her offensive moves need to improve and finishing around the rim. Her high percentage was being thrown into layups more than anything. She will have blossomed when she has a finishing game with both hands like cizano.
100%. She's one of the best rim runners in the country but still pretty raw in the post.

I remember watching Monika spell Megan when she was a freshman and it.was.rough. But she made a significant jump from FR to SO year and kept improving from there.

I think some people were expecting SO Hannah to look like JR/SR Monika, which just isn't fair.

we should have played hack a shaq after the 1st quarter. we should have put the other bigs in to just foul when needed instead of letting them have lay up after lay up after lay up. Prob still lose, but at least make them earn it at the line instead of just standing there watching them get every rebound and put back

in the girth sense

200w.gif

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT