ADVERTISEMENT

Such a nasty woman...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell said Thursday that she wished for Hurricane Dorian to make a "direct hit" on President Trump's Mar-a-Lago club in Florida.

The strengthening storm churned over the warm, open waters of the Atlantic on Thursday, upgrading to Category 2 strength late in the day, with maximum sustained winds of 105 mph, the National Hurricane Center reported.

Forecasts showed Dorian tracking toward Florida's east coast — prompting Trump to warn Dorian "will be BIG!"

Forecasters believe the storm will strengthen into a Category 3 hurricane by Friday, and stay well east of the southern and central Bahamas before making a turn toward Florida by Sunday afternoon.

At that time, the latest NHC forecast is for the storm to make landfall Monday as a Category 4 storm.

However, Campbell saw a silver lining in the potential damage that could be caused by the massive storm.

"I'm rooting for a direct hit on Mar a Lago!" she tweeted on Thursday.

The president often makes visits to Mar-a-Lago when he's not in Washington D.C. It has been reported that the resort is on the hurricane's path.

Campbell, who served less than five months as Canada's prime minister following the resignation of Brian Mulroney in 1993, faced backlash for the tweet, many calling it "embarrassing" and "disgusting."

Campbell doubled down amid the criticism, telling her critics to "get a grip."

"As there are in Puerto Rico- sorry you don’t get snark- but Trump’s indifference to suffering is intolerable!" Campbell said to a critic who pointed out "real people" live and work in and around Mar-a-Lago. "We'd also help if he tackled climate change which is making hurricanes more destructive! Instead, he will remove limits on methane! Get a grip!"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/forme...-direct-hit-of-hurricane-dorian-on-mar-a-lago

Sounds like she is taking a page out of the trump playbook, albeit a very minor page. Hopefully she pisses off trumpbaggers, which would make it a good thing.

While I don't think what she tweeted was terrible, it certainly isn't appropriate for someone in her position. I could absolutely see Trump doing something similar though!

"Her position" didn't amount to much. "Campbell, who served less than five months as Canada's prime minister following the resignation of Brian Mulroney in 1993..."

I don't know why the press seems to care why someone who had their 15 minutes of fame so much time when it comes to criticizing things they said. They are hardly influential.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
Oh darn she wished for property damage upon some of Trump's property.

Did she suggest that Nazi's where good people? Did she imply that gun owners should shoot the man? Did she make fun of a disabled person?

No. She only had an abortion. She’s fine.

69413539_2120019904966487_1978908857396625408_n.jpg

Did she suggest that Nazi's where good people? Did she imply that gun owners should shoot the man? Did she make fun of a disabled person?

Setting the bar pretty low aren't you. Are these really your standards or are you just making excuses for bad behavior directed at someone you don't like?

Setting the bar pretty low aren't you. Are these really your standards or are you just making excuses for bad behavior directed at someone you don't like?

She's the former Canadian Prime Minister. Who cares? Wow, some of you Trumpster's are easily triggered. You getting upset over this gives me a good laugh. Keep searching, maybe you'll find another random person who feels the same way. Thanks again for the laugh.

Reactions: sober_teacher
She's the former Canadian Prime Minister. Who cares? Wow, some of you Trumpster's are easily triggered. You getting upset over this gives me a good laugh. Keep searching, maybe you'll find another random person who feels the same way. Thanks again for the laugh.

Why on earth do we care about a statement that a person, who I at least have never heard of, and from that article suggests, hasn't been relevant in Canadian politics since '93?

Unfortunately, she's probably not the only person to make a stupid comment about this hurricane and Mar-A-Lago. without this story, I'd have never known who she was.

Why on earth do we care about a statement that a person, who I at least have never heard of, and from that article suggests, hasn't been relevant in Canadian politics since '93?

Unfortunately, she's probably not the only person to make a stupid comment about this hurricane and Mar-A-Lago. without this story, I'd have never known who she was.

These stupid Trumpsters spend all their time watching and reading Fox news. How stupid do people have to be to be outraged by this? I guess it's Trumpster stupid.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
These stupid Trumpsters spend all their time watching and reading Fox news. How stupid do people have to be to be outraged by this? I guess it's Trumpster stupid.

To be fair, there's stuff like this that happens all the darn time that probably should never get any sort of actual news coverage but does. I'll freely admit that we've seen things that Trump or people from his administration have said or done that even a year ago wouldn't have gotten covered hardly at all.

If this woman is at all relevant in Canadian politics this might be different, but based on the article posted, she hasn't been for 20+ years.

To be fair, there's stuff like this that happens all the darn time that probably should never get any sort of actual news coverage but does. I'll freely admit that we've seen things that Trump or people from his administration have said or done that even a year ago wouldn't have gotten covered hardly at all.

If this woman is at all relevant in Canadian politics this might be different, but based on the article posted, she hasn't been for 20+ years.

But reporting news about Trump and his administration is relevant and actually related to this Country. Only Fox news and the idiot Trumpsters on this board care about a Canadian who hasn't been relevant for 20+ years. I can't wait for their next outrage.

I'm implying that someone who treats others like Donald Trump does has no right to complain about how others treat him. This also extends out to the supporters of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump and his supporters have no right to complain about the treatment they receive from others.

Reactions: Tom Paris

Yeah! She's not even an American. Why get upset over something a Canadian says?

I'm implying that someone who treats others like Donald Trump does has no right to complain about how others treat him. This also extends out to the supporters of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump and his supporters have no right to complain about the treatment they receive from others.
Exactly.

Can we negotiate a deal here, Dorian? You can only take Mar-a-Lago out if you promise to head north, park your sweet ass over D.C. for a week and let your 150 mph winds flatten that God forsaken place. :)

If Trump tweeted something similar the left would lose their shit and the Trumptards would say it was no big deal.

Don't mimic Trumptards. It's ok to say what she tweeted was F'd up.....Trumps still deplorable.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
If Trump tweeted something similar the left would lose their shit and the Trumptards would say it was no big deal.

Don't mimic Trumptards. It's ok to say what she tweeted was F'd up.....Trumps still deplorable.

My theory is more or less you treat people how you would want to be treated.

So the only thing I find bothersome is a group of people who seem perfectly ok with how Trump treats other people but get upset when someone treats him the same way.

If it was any other president I would say that comment is out of line. When it's Trump the way he treats people my response is more of "cry me a river." You don't want to be treated like that don't treat others like that.

Using this logic, it’s OK to beat up some Penn State fans because of Jerry Sandusky.

For the record, the tweet in question was classless, Trump is classless, but I fail to see how using the transitive property towards supporters of ANY politician can possibly be constructive.

It’s been sad seeing how many people have become completely insane, insufferable, assholes. There is no high ground to claim for either side. It’s been a race to the bottom.

Using this logic, it’s OK to beat up some Penn State fans because of Jerry Sandusky.

For the record, the tweet in question was classless, Trump is classless, but I fail to see how using the transitive property towards supporters of ANY politician can possibly be constructive.

It’s been sad seeing how many people have become completely insane, insufferable, assholes. There is no high ground to claim for either side. It’s been a race to the bottom.

Violence (or threats) and saying terrible things are two different standards.

And still it's not a comparison. Penn State fans didn't know about Sandusky. When they found out about him it wasn't him whom they supported it was Joe Paterno. Joe Paterno did not do the right thing in contacting police about Sandusky.

So I would say about them that they put hero worship of their coach ahead of simply what is right and decent to do to protect children.

My theory is more or less you treat people how you would want to be treated.

So the only thing I find bothersome is a group of people who seem perfectly ok with how Trump treats other people but get upset when someone treats him the same way.

Hoping Mar-a-largo takes a direct hit isn’t cool. Trump will be fine...the folks that live in that area won’t be. People go off the rails in their Trump hate.

While I don't think what she tweeted was terrible, it certainly isn't appropriate for someone in her position. I could absolutely see Trump doing something similar though!

True. That is the kind of tweet you could see Trump making that doesn't even make headlines bc there were several others that were more brazen that day. For any respectable politician though, it should hold a bit more shame for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT