ADVERTISEMENT

Suddenly, 8-4 seems like a dream scenario

Kinnick.At.Night

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2018
I can’t believe this it what we’ve arrived at after being 6-1 and looking like a pretty good team. With that said, I do think Iowa will beat Illinois and Nebraska. That probably makes me crazy, but I also work third shift and still watch the games live. So, maybe it’s merely sleep deprivation. Either way, I’m pissed. We’re all pissed. There’s still something to salvage here though. I think the Hawks get it done. Cheers, folks.

Reactions: Wadzinator
8-4 and 7-5 crap gets old.

Exactly what I predicted before the season and I hate to be correct on this. The record is not what gets old. The inability to play tough, good football does. We lose every close game in the 4th quarter for a program that’s supposed to have a great S&C program but we are totally inept when it mattters the most on both sides of the ball.

At halftime in the stands we predicted exactly how it was going to unfold; get the lead and then go to the fourth quarter up 100 yards in offense with no turnovers. Defense then gets gouged giving up a score while the offense 3 and outs and then turns it over. It happened exactly as we saw it coming.

Losing streaks; PSU (5), Wisconsin (3), MSU (3), Northwestern (3), Purdue (2)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wadzinator
I watched Nebraska and Illinois yesterday. Both of those teams are capable of beating us. Both have very mobile QB's which always give us trouble. I think one of them will get us. 7-5.

I have zero confidence in our fat cat staff to conjure up a game plan to beat anyone right now, and even less in our team to execute it.

I can’t believe this it what we’ve arrived at after being 6-1 and looking like a pretty good team. With that said, I do think Iowa will beat Illinois and Nebraska. That probably makes me crazy, but I also work third shift and still watch the games live. So, maybe it’s merely sleep deprivation. Either way, I’m pissed. We’re all pissed. There’s still something to salvage here though. I think the Hawks get it done. Cheers, folks.
Not sure we'll be able to contain Nebraska's offense enough to score more points and win. Ughh the idea of sh*tting the bed against them makes me sick.

I would not be surprised at 6-6. What a dud of a season. The apologists can go jump in a lake.
A weak schedule in a weak division. And this crap.

I do not think we win another regular season game this season. The only way we win another game, is if we play an equally bad 6-6 team in a bowl game, and get lucky as hell that our opponent absolutely can't stop the run, even if they put 9 guys in the box. Then we end up 7-6 for the season.

We don’t beat Nebbie. They are playing well and we play to lose. Book it

Wonder if Pat told Kf at mid field hey thanks for giving us the game and not exposing my very inexperienced dbs. This shit is beyond frustrating.

We win the next two games and the bowl game we get nine wins which is two wins above our average. It's still a great season it just doesn't feel like it because of what could have been

For

We don’t beat Nebbie. They are playing well and we play to lose. Book it
This will definitely suck if we have to hear Nebraska fans all year long say how Frost took over a bunch of hapless losers that set records for losing so many games, yet they beat Iowa. Damn Kirk - this is one you need to win!

This will definitely suck if we have to hear Nebraska fans all year long say how Frost took over a bunch of hapless losers that set records for losing so many games, yet they beat Iowa. Damn Kirk - this is one you need to win!
This is going to be a hard fought game with defense the deciding factor which Iowa has and Nebraska doesn't.

Reactions: Hock-I
Why do we do this to ourselves. BF is clueless and is the next in line to be the HC. Just think about that hapless football signed to another lifetime contract. Apathy always sets in around this time 12-2 feels so long ago.

Why do we do this to ourselves. BF is clueless and is the next in line to be the HC. Just think about that hapless football signed to another lifetime contract. Apathy always sets in around this time 12-2 feels so long ago.

Lets hope not.

This is going to be a hard fought game with defense the deciding factor which Iowa has and Nebraska doesn't.

This will be a hard fought game with offense being the deciding factor, which Nebraska has and Iowa doesn't.

Doesn't matter we have ZERO offense. I'm not worried about our d. We held NW to 14 points and still lost.

I agree on offense but stop giving this defense the benefit of the doubt. NW was averaging 2.9 yards per carry and gouged us for 184 yards! When it mattered the most in the 4th quarter the D gave up a 12 yard run up the middle on third and 10. They were not in scoring range. The next play they threw deep for a TD (great catch but still on our corner OJ). Ball game, 14-10.

When is the last time our D came up with the game preserving stop in the 4th quarter?

We win the next two games and the bowl game we get nine wins which is two wins above our average. It's still a great season it just doesn't feel like it because of what could have been

“Great?” No! Maybe “good”, but would be the most hollow 8-4 season I can think of. Only potential signature win would be ISU without their current QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT