ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court going to decide whether Trump can be left off ballots

bunsen82

HR All-American
May 6, 2004
Damn, I thought they would punt. I have said I thought Trumps candidacy would fall apart sooner or later. But I did not expect it potentially this quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
I think they will do anything to avoid anything on insurrection. Could totally say that each state cannot make different decisions on who’s in ballot for federal election. That federal government will make that determination to keep things uniform and prevent chaos from popping up all over before elections. However, if they do that then will that open up more control on elections to federal level vs state? I know a lot of conservatives who don’t want Feds getting involved with this.

I expect Thomas to give a 2 hour lecture on how Trump was sent to us by Jesus himself. Then take another private jet to an island location. Gratis.
You only need 5. Need 2 of Barrett, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Roberts.

Roberts I could see leaning with the 3 democratic nominated justices, the wildcard is Kavanaugh. He has been willing to go out on his own before. I would say 50/50 supreme court states he can be left off.

While I believe there are justices that would like to restrict him from the ballot, on both sides and for different reasons, I believe this will end up in a 9-0 vote in favor of Trump.

The all democrat Colorado Supreme Court and the Maine election official will be left with unfixable credibility issues.

I'd be very surprised if they get to the insurrection issue on this one. Roberts the institutionalist will probably do everything to avoid a decision that would make Bush v. Gore look uncontroversial.

I'd bet that a majority finds either he was not an officer of the US or the presidency isn't an office under the US. Lets them punt the real messy stuff and resolve it with boring textual analysis.

The answer should and will be no, he shouldn't be kept off ballots.

That doesn't mean we should vote for him, it just means another attack on democracy would be thwarted.

I think that's a very reasonable - even principled - stance. Do you think there should be an effort to abolish or amend section 3 of the 14th amendment?

Reactions: nelly02 and lucas80
I don't care which way it goes, it just needs to be settled. A part of me has long wanted Trump to be off enough ballots that he would give up. Another part of me realizes that what happened in Maine is clearly partisan BS, and due process needs to happen.

Reactions: Gus is dead
While I believe there are justices that would like to restrict him from the ballot, on both sides and for different reasons, I believe this will end up in a 9-0 vote in favor of Trump.

The all democrat Colorado Supreme Court and the Maine election official will be left with unfixable credibility issues.
I think he will win, but for the justices who have read section 3 of the 14th amendment to the US Constitution it will be a struggle to look past 1/6/2021. Thomas and Alito don't care, they believe in the Imperial Presidency, but, some others might believe in the Constitution. You also have to factor in that some justices may rule in favor of Trump because they are afraid that his supporters such as yourself may murder them in their beds if they rule against him.
Keep in mind, the courts have an interest in keeping themselves relevant. Validating Trump as Imperial President lessens their strength.

Last edited:

For once I agree with you

However, if they do that then will that open up more control on elections to federal level vs state? I know a lot of conservatives who don’t want Feds getting involved with this.

They are about federal power when it enforces things they agree with.

Trump will be put back on the ballot.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
The answer should and will be no, he shouldn't be kept off ballots.

That doesn't mean we should vote for him, it just means another attack on democracy would be thwarted.
Why not? He concocted a scheme to bring in fake ballots. He pressured election officials to falsify results. He then urged on supporters to fight at the Capitol. Just because his attempted coup was administered by retards, doesn’t make it any less of a coup.

She’s an embarrassment to the legal profession.

• On Thursday, Habba gave an interview to Fox News during which she seemed to imply that the conservative Supreme Court judges appointed by Trump would show their allegiance to him on the question of whether the 14th Amendment prevented him from ever holding office in the United States again, The Hill reported.
  • “I think it should be a slam dunk in the Supreme Court; I have faith in them,” Habba said. “You know, people like Kavanaugh who the president fought for, who the president went through hell to get into place, he’ll step up.”
  • Habba quickly added the disclaimer that the justices Trump appointed “will step up not because they’re pro-Trump, but because they’re pro-law, because they’re pro-fairness.”

You only need 5. Need 2 of Barrett, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Roberts.

Roberts I could see leaning with the 3 democratic nominated justices, the wildcard is Kavanaugh. He has been willing to go out on his own before. I would say 50/50 supreme court states he can be left off.

Is this a Note To Kavanaugh, that if he doesn't play ball, some dirty details on $$ transfers might get into the public eye....???

It may and likely will be in Trump’s favor, but it probably won’t be 9-0.

If Obama was found to have been foreign born during the election process, should he have been left on the ballots to let the voters decide?
Um, being born in the United States is an actual requirement to be president. It would have taken an act of congress to keep him on the ballot if that had been the case.

This is nowhere near that cut and dried.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD and Torg

Maybe you can teach them something about that situation since you also have no credibility

• Haha
Reactions: funksouljon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT