ADVERTISEMENT

SWARM CEO Brad Heinrichs Interview. 20% of SWARM Beer SALES & 25% of Vodka SALES goes to SWARM. Says they need 10,000+ paying members; they're @ 1,800

Franisdaman

HB King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
May 16, 2023 Update:

Got any money for beer?

Iowa's SWARM Collective is partnering with Exile Brewing Company to produce the SWARM Golden Ale, available in tap room and on store shelves by late July, per release.

20% of profits will go to the SWARM collective.

Still less than a year since SWARM launched.

Swarm Golden Ale will be available for fans to purchase in retail stores, restaurants, entertainment venues, and the taproom at Exile Brewery in Des Moines.

Exile Brewing Company is a locally owned, family business. Every drop of their beer is brewed, bottled, kegged, and canned at their historic brewery in downtown Des Moines.

Original Post:

This interview is from May 6, 2023.

And, by the way, he said they called women basketball prospects who were in the transfer portal but he didn't get any call backs.

Watch/listen here:

Last edited:
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

You can join for $19.58/month. That's not a big ask. Yes they do fundraisers. Obviously some are geared towards bigger donations. They are doing a men's basketball golf outing on June 27th at 9:30am. It's $250 for an individual, $1000 for a team of four, and so on. They are also working on a beer.

Asking fans to pay more, when it is already nearly unaffordable, is beyond asinine. Again, we just need to divide D1 up now, NIL schools that and non-NIL schools (aka - traditional scholarship schools).
What division do you believe Iowa would be electing to participate in?

Reactions: Franisdaman
This entire NIL thing is ridiculous and unsustainable.

Unsustainable? Maybe. But we either get in the game or we fall far behind.

And it's very clear that without SWARM we don't land the football studs from the transfer portal. And now, with a legit QB, an elite TE, an elite LB and added OL depth, we are probably the favorites to win the B1G West.

Unsustainable? Maybe. But we either get in the game or we fall far behind.

And it's very clear that without SWARM we don't land the football studs from the transfer portal. And now, with a legit QB, an elite TE, an elite LB and added OL depth, we are probably the favorites to win the B1G West.
Don't forget the wide receiver from Ohio State as well. Cancelled all other visits. It's pretty simple. Scrounge up $20 bucks a month and join or enjoy watching Iowa battle Indiana and Northwestern for the cellar in football.

Don't forget the wide receiver from Ohio State as well. Cancelled all other visits. It's pretty simple. Scrounge up $20 bucks a month and join or enjoy watching Iowa battle Indiana and Northwestern for the cellar in football.
People have been complaining about Iowa recruiting for eons.

Fans despair about us not getting more higher-rated recruits on campus. Our coaches continue to mine multi-sport small-town athletes ... and find success.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa's developmental philosophy is still one that is quite sustainable ... even in the current NIL era.

Anyhow ... the last time the Hawkes had a sub-.500 season ... that coincided with a massive shift on the coaching staff (which also coincided with a shift in scheme). Methinks that it is a hyperbolic exaggeration to suggest that Iowa will go straight to the cellar if folks don't pony up to NIL collectives.

I turned my back on the NFL when personnel management turned to fantasy-football style roster-management. Should collegiate football continue to go in that direction ... then it will have lost my fandom too.

He 's a grifter.

That's pretty harsh; I don't think Brad is a con man.

However, I have said this before; I predict there will eventually be a huge embezzlement scandal involving a school's collective. There's a a lot of money flowing into collectives across the country and someone's hand is going to get caught in the cookie jar.

Just look at Iowa. If he gets 10,000 people paying $20/month, that's $200,000 per month.

That's pretty harsh; I don't think Brad is a con man.

However, I have said this before; I predict there will eventually be a huge embezzlement scandal involving a school's collective. There's a a lot of money flowing into collectives across the country and someone's hand is going to get caught in the cookie jar.

Just look at Iowa. If he gets 10,000 people paying $20/month, that's $200,000 per month.
The other issue is what is the overhead and his salary in the future, this isn't a 1 for 1 donation. I know for now he isn't taking a salary. That won't last forever.

• Haha
Reactions: GHawk and HawkOn15

It makes you wonder what Cade, All, Brown, etc are getting paid.

And, of course, they are getting the value of FREE OUT OF STATE tuition, free food, free personal training, free coaching, etc.

And, by the way, he said they called women basketball prospects who were in the transfer portal but he didn't get any call backs.
Really makes me want to sgn up. He sure is a good salesman. Even odds that within two years this guy absconds to a small caribbean island with a couple million dollars

Reactions: BurgHawk87
The sad thing is only TWO former Iowa athletes, including the guys who signed $50,000,000 contracts based on their Iowa foundation, have contributed to the collective in the past year. That's beyond sad.

You'd think the Marshall Yandas, George Kittles, TJ Hockensons, Tristan Wirfs, etc of the world would be contributing....

I hope they are because the Iowa program sure as hell made them rich

The other issue is what is the overhead and his salary in the future, this isn't a 1 for 1 donation. I know for now he isn't taking a salary. That won't last forever.

I have not checked out the SWARM website; Brad lives in Florida so I don't know what expenses he has and whether he gets reimbursed for them....

that's why I think there's going to eventually be an embezzlement scandal somewhere. Fans are paying in but not sure what, if any, controls are in place

I thought you wanted to win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
Not against the swarm, but why does Brad not share info on both sites. You only get swarm info if you join On3. If you contribute to Swarm but are a member here you do not get any info. Now if you join On3, but do not contribute to Swarm, you still get the info. Just does not make sense to me.

I have not checked out the SWARM website; Brad lives in Florida so I don't know what expenses he has and whether he gets reimbursed for them....

that's why I think there's going to eventually be an embezzlement scandal somewhere. Fans are paying in but not sure what, if any, controls are in place
Brad does not take a salary.
He has two employees who do.
He is also a wicked smart business guy who’s made alot of bank on his own.

You can join for $19.58/month. That's not a big ask. Yes they do fundraisers. Obviously some are geared towards bigger donations. They are doing a men's basketball golf outing on June 27th at 9:30am. It's $250 for an individual, $1000 for a team of four, and so on. They are also working on a beer.

Lemme come to about 6 practices for football in the fall and I’m in. Why can’t they offer some access like that?

Reactions: ClarindaA's

Bingo. It will happen somewhere. Or someone will be doing some lavish travel for “administrative expenses”.

Bingo. It will happen somewhere. Or someone will be doing some lavish travel for “administrative expenses”.

SWARM hosts events and they have to pay for the venue space, etc.

Hell, the UI charges them for event space.

When Keegan/ the Kings were playing in Dallas, they had a SWARM event as well. Kenyon Murray, some other NIL guy (Jordan Montgomery), Payton Sandfort, and I forget who else all flew down to Dallas out of Cedar Rapids. Then you have hotel, car rental, etc expenses.

Not sure who pays for what.

I'm confused here. I thought NIL allowed athletes to get money by doing an ad for Kwik Star or getting paid for an autograph session at Scheels. Is this collective brokering these deals or just handing out bags of money?

SWARM contacted QB Cade McNamara, TE Erick All, WR Kaleb Brown, etc. to line up deals. SWARM is a big reason why Iowa football was so successful in the transfer portal potty.

What division do you believe Iowa would be electing to participate in?
They would have to go for the "traditional" - I mean heck KF even undersells the team as "developmental". Iowa doesn't have the NIL backing like the blue bloods do. Big NIL would have about 20 teams in it, it will be like the scholarship fiasco that just got corrected and started to see equality across the field (still had the blue bloods, but others were starting to get shots).

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I'm confused here. I thought NIL allowed athletes to get money by doing an ad for Kwik Star or getting paid for an autograph session at Scheels. Is this collective brokering these deals or just handing out bags of money?
Bags of money. Texas lineman getting guaranteed 70k a year, others signing multi-million dollar deals before they even step foot on the field. D1 is now semi-pro.

Bags of money. Texas lineman getting guaranteed 70k a year, others signing multi-million dollar deals before they even step foot on the field. D1 is now semi-pro.
Exactly.

I haven’t read the rules and regulations around NIL, but I strongly suspect there isn’t anything against advancing pay to the players whether NIL has taken place yet or not. In other words, the school will deposit a lot of money into their bank account and the school will create the necessary NIL paper trail for you should the NCAA decide to audit them at any point. And if you are a blueblood, we all know that audit will most likely never happen or it will be a joke.

Reactions: obfuscating
They would have to go for the "traditional" - I mean heck KF even undersells the team as "developmental". Iowa doesn't have the NIL backing like the blue bloods do. Big NIL would have about 20 teams in it, it will be like the scholarship fiasco that just got corrected and started to see equality across the field (still had the blue bloods, but others were starting to get shots).

Does landing QB Cade McNamara, TE Erick All, WR Kaleb Brown, the stud LB, etc. sound like KF didn't embrace NIL and instead went the "traditional" route?

We rarely competed with the blue bloods before NIL. NOW, because of NIL, Iowa's offense looks totally different; hell, it looks competent! And combine that with our elite D, we should be able to compete with the blue bloods this season. Iowa should be the favorite to win the West. We then likely play a blue blood for the B1G Championship.

I plan for it to last forever. As long as my actuarial consulting firm continues to remain profitable. I’m doing this because I’m just a huge Iowa fan like each of you.

As for being a con man, im happy to share my books/financials with anybody. Im not sure where that narrative comes from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT